Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-25-2023, 07:37 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

About to purchase one - 2022 Micro Minnie 1808FBS

thoughts on a 2022 micro minnie 1808fbs? Good bad or other? Thanks!
anewrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 10:22 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi A New RV-er,
We have many threads here which mention that trailer:
1808fbs
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 02-26-2023, 05:56 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Welcome,
The Micro Minnie line is pretty good build quality in a 7ft wide package with dual axles. All of them are easy to tow with a 1/2 ton, and all but the largest ones are towable with a mid-size truck. We looked at the 1808 model when we bought our new 2021b 2108ds. There two are not much different in price, but the 1808 was way too small for us (two geezers) to travel comfortably. I’m a big guy, and unable to fit into the 1808 shower. And the thought of the dw climbing over me at night to get to the bathroom was unappealing. More than a few nights in an 1808 would be a nightmare for us. All the 2108 models have fore/aft beds, which solves that problem, and the shower is actually big enough for either of us to use. Also keep in mind that the 2108 models are far more popular than the 1808, making for an easier resale when you’re ready to sell, and better value retention. IMHO, trying to save a few thousand dollars by squeezing into a 1808 will cost you down the line.
Old 03-07-2023, 05:33 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

I second Jim's take on the 1808 Micro Minnie, I had a 2012 Dutchman Kodiak 177QBSL and same thoughts exactly re the front bed and shower.

We upgraded to a 2017 2106FBS Micro Minnie last spring and love both the large shower and island queen, not to mention a longer awning.

The 2108 is a great unit if you want a dinette, not available on the 2106. Besides the 2106 has since been discontinued.

One day we will upgrade to the 2108FBS. As it stands the 2021 is our minimal year of preference due to the placement of the awning legs and the now full length (15 foot) overall length of the awning.

The 2021 also has a GVWR of 7000lbs as the newer units are rated at 5500lbs
Old 03-13-2023, 12:13 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

ok getting closer to pickup of the tt and of course monkey wrench into the mix...so going off a few of the replies to my original post i looked at a couple of the 2108 models...(I know this is in the 4th quarter with 2min left to the end of the game..) Anyway long story short i like the 2108fbs, but a pretty big difference in price to what i have on the table right now, but i did like it. Now i found a 2108ds that is a grand cheaper than what i am going to pay for the 1808fbs..it has a place for my wife's cpap
but itas a murphy bed ...questions i have now.. looks like you lose a little in bed size and gain it in the shower enclosure

1. this has a full size residential bed in it rather than an rv queen..do you find you notice the small difference in bed size?

2. We would like to upgrade to a 10" thick Wilderness rv mattress - would that thickness of the mattress be an issue with the murphy style bed and folding it up or the weight difference of it?

3. We will be towing with a MB ml350 4matic suv ...is the upgrade in size going to make a huge difference in towing? with regard to my limits?
Old 03-13-2023, 12:33 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Can you tow with ML350

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewrver View Post
ok getting closer to pickup of the tt and of course monkey wrench into the mix...so going off a few of the replies to my original post i looked at a couple of the 2108 models...(I know this is in the 4th quarter with 2min left to the end of the game..) Anyway long story short i like the 2108fbs, but a pretty big difference in price to what i have on the table right now, but i did like it. Now i found a 2108ds that is a grand cheaper than what i am going to pay for the 1808fbs..it has a place for my wife's cpap
but itas a murphy bed ...questions i have now.. looks like you lose a little in bed size and gain it in the shower enclosure

1. this has a full size residential bed in it rather than an rv queen..do you find you notice the small difference in bed size?

[we don’t notice a big difference between the Murphy bed and the full Queen at home. There are ways to replace the split Matress with a full Matress that will fold up into the Murphy bed space. Type in “mattress” in search to find the thread of a 2108ds owner who did that.

2. We would like to upgrade to a 10" thick Wilderness rv mattress - would that thickness of the mattress be an issue with the murphy style bed and folding it up or the weight difference of it?

3. We will be towing with a MB ml350 4matic suv ...is the upgrade in size going to make a huge difference in towing? with regard to my limits?
You may want to double check the tow rating on your ML350. From what I could find it has a good tow rating of 6,600#, but the max hitch limit is 575#. Don’t know what your payload is. But it’s likely that a 2108ds may exceed the ML350 hitch rating, and the payload capacity. You must allow for at least 12% of trailer GVWR to be tongue weight, or it won’t tow well. My tongue comes in at 575#. Additionally, you vehicle is unibody. Most unibody can’t be equipped with a WDH with anti-sway. After capturing the numbers from your door sticker, check with MB or your owners manual as to whether you can mount a WDH. Your ML350 also has a short wheelbase compared to pickups or large SUVs. That would make it doubly imperative to have a WDH with anti-sway.
Good luck. Let us know what you found out
Old 03-13-2023, 01:07 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Found This, hope it helps.

https://www.curtmfg.com/part/13411

https://hitch4me.ca/product/draw-tit...50-and-gle350/

https://www.benzworld.org/threads/gl...eeded.2749746/

As for the bed, I have read of many upgrading the murphy bed mattress to a non folding mattress and the sofa never gets used. Lots of discussion of replacement on the site. As Jim said search mattress, lots of reading.

I know in our case we chose the FBS as we would never use the sofa as we never sit in the trailer and we couldn't see us folding the bed up and down. Like the interior under bed storage too.

We tow our 2106FBS (300lbs less than 2108DS) with a Tacoma Double Cab Limited 4 x 4 and it pulls without issue and we have some major mountain ranges here in British Columbia.
Old 03-13-2023, 02:10 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

so i looked at the door sticker and it has a gvwr of 6283lbs, the manual says permissible trailer load braked is 7198lbs, max draw bar noseweight is 575 (which it states is not included in the trailer load) the permissible rear axle load when towing is 3527lbs. as far as the wdh, e trailer had some that would work on my vehicle, so it doesnt seem like that is an issue, i cant find anywhere where it says a wdh cannot be used. from the door sticker it looks like 1080 lbs for cargo and occupants..
Old 03-13-2023, 02:15 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Great news,
Looks like a fit if you get the WDH. You’ll be right at the limit of tongue weight, so be careful when loading the trailer. My 575# tongue weight is with 2/3 fresh water. At full fresh water, it creeps up close to 600#. If you get the 2108ds, check back with us here. Lots of great suggestions from 2108 owners.

First suggestion: don’t get a gasoline generator. You can’t stow the generator or its fuel inside your SUV, or the trailer. Get a propane generator. It’s ok to carry an extra propane tank inside suv if you need a third tank. And if you n3ver use gasoline in it, you can stow the propane generator in the pass thru. Of course a propane generator can also run off one of your tongue mounted propane tanks.
Old 03-13-2023, 02:20 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

I believe these use a 2 piece wedge mattress that folds up like the one in our 2108DS FLX (I believe they are the same). A standard 10” mattress will not work well if at all. I doubt a hinged one would work easily at 10” either. There are a couple companies that make hinged mattress for RV’s and will customize thickness and hinge location. I plan to purchase one a little closer to camping time so I can take advantage of the 100 night trial both companies I’m looking at offer. Tocha is one and Custom Mattress Factory is the other. I’m thinking of going with 6” and adding a topper if needed. Here’s a link to a review of the Tocha in a 2108DS FLX. https://basecampgrandlake.com/2022/0...d-rv-mattress/
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 02:29 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

See this post by ZottHart:
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ml#post3929758
Old 03-17-2023, 06:36 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

its official we pickup our 2022 2108DS this coming Wednesday! Thanks for all the input folks...now to figure out a more comfortable solution for that murphy bed mattress asap!
Old 03-17-2023, 07:28 PM   #13
Winnie-Wise

Congratulations you will love it.

You will find a fix to the bed, there is always a solution.
Bcborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 08:25 PM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Congrats Anewrver,
Manny good times to come. Spend some time in your new rig before deciding what things to attack first. Your priorities will gain more clarity after spending some days in nights in your new Micro Minnie. Please update your profile on User CP, and maybe supply some info o. You in your signature. It’s gonna be fun.
Old 03-18-2023, 07:49 AM   #15
Winnebago Camper

since we will be picking up our tt in Boise and spending the night in it then coming home the next day do you all typically winterize it again after use in this weather? Temps are still varying between mid 40s and high 20s round here
Old 03-18-2023, 08:26 AM   #16
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
since we will be picking up our tt in Boise and spending the night in it then coming home the next day do you all typically winterize it again after use in this weather? Temps are still varying between mid 40s and high 20s round here
Yes.
Better safe than sorry.
Only takes about 30 minutes using the blow and anti freeze in traps method.
Old 03-18-2023, 07:10 PM   #17
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Our Micro Minnie was Winterized when we picked it up in Phoenix March 2022. We stayed in truck stops over 5 nights enroute back to Canada. The truck stops were safe and washrooms very clean. We took two 5 gal water jugs with us to pour water in the toilet for use during the night if needed (p) and poured water in the sinks for cleanup and to brush teeth. Breaker and switch for pump remained off as not to drain those lines of antifreeze.

As the pressurized water system never got used, only had to drain the black and grey once home. Poured antifreeze in the sink traps and toilet bowel and all was good till June, when used again.
Old 03-19-2023, 06:20 AM   #18
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the input Bcborn, so did they de-winterize the unit to do the PDI and then just winterize it for you before you left then? Good point about leaving the breaker for the pump off...so no accidently hitting the switch on..
Old 03-19-2023, 01:16 PM   #19
Winnie-Wise

The trailer is a 2017, I bought the trailer in March 2022 from a private party. They winterized it in the fall of 2021 and decided to sell the following spring.

I'm not familiar with new. Does Winnebago test the system with water at the factory or is this left to the dealers PDI.

If the trailer is untouched (dealer), then I assume the unit is dry if Winnebago doesn't wet test prior to leaving factory. In that case the unit would not be winterized as their is nothing to freeze.

Again if dealer didn't wet test during PDI, and Winnebago didn't wet test then I would think your safe leaving pump breaker off and just putting enough water in the bowl (sink/toilet) to use and then pull the Black and Grey valves when you get home.

A proper PDI would require wet testing and then winterizing would be suggested if your expecting temps below 32 degrees
Old 03-19-2023, 01:36 PM   #20
Winnebago Owner

Never trust Winnebago or a dealer with important stuff like winterization if you’ll know it will be needed when you get home.

An easy way to tell if the unit has been winterized is to open the low point drains while your spouse looks at the drains on the outside. If the liquids emerging are pink, then the unit has been winterized. If the liquid is clear or non-existent, then the unit has not been winterized. Just looking at some pink in the drains in showers does not tell the whole story. Any amount of water could have been poured down the drains while the unit was at the dealership. Once pink mixes with water, it becomes useless as anti-freeze. Anyway it’s not worth the risk to trust something that you didn’t witness.

Tags
purchase