Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2011, 02:36 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Go back and read my posts, I tried to tell you you are most likely dealing with a fuse in the AUX PDM Freightliner uses.
Make sure it's real quiet, turn on your right blinker and listen outside for the relay turning on and off in the right rear area of your MH. Find the box it is coming from and see if the fuse is blown. Freightliner "isolates" the trailer circuit from the main system using relays and fuses. You will also find references to the AUX PDM in the Freightliner users manual.

Dave
Classic Winnebago Site: https://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php
Dave78Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 03:38 PM   #22
Winnebago Master

On the Ford and Workhorse chassis The chassis builder runs all the wires to within about 4' of the back of the frame. They are then taped off and tucked inside the wire harness. Winnebago then extends the wires and installs the socket. I would suspect they do the same with Freightliner since Freightliner has no idea what body will be installed and where the final socket will be placed.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:09 PM   #23
Winnebago Master

On my Vectra a believe that the trailer module is at the rear of the (screwed closed) 'door' at the left rear of the coach over the A/C condensor. The door hinges up, but you need to locate and remove several screws to do so and then prop the door open.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:42 PM   #24
Winnie-Wise

If it helps, here are some photos of the 07 model. You have to find the box #2 located in the chassis box (PDM) that Dave refers to above:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0270.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	16721   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0275.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	16722  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0271.jpg
Views:	2524
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	16723   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0273.jpg
Views:	4004
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	16724  

dengraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:52 PM   #25
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeierl View Post
On my Vectra a believe that the trailer module is at the rear of the (screwed closed) 'door' at the left rear of the coach over the A/C condensor. The door hinges up, but you need to locate and remove several screws to do so and then prop the door open.
With the working right hand turn signal turned on I can hear a clicking sound at the back edge of the driver's side electrical compartment but with my hearing I'm having trouble telling exactly where it's coming from. Wonder how much difference there might be between a Vectra hook-up and my Meridian, other than a much nicer coach I mean.

Wagonmaster2
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 07:27 PM   #26
Winnebago Master

UPDATE--

After removing the large metal plate on the back side of the driver's side electrical compartment I found the two small plastic boxes with fuses in them, one of which had all the trailer connector fuses. Found a 20 amp fuse blown, replaced it, and now have all power to the back side of the trailer plug. Will put the plug back together and hook the toad up to double check all lights are working now. Really nice of Freightliner and/or Winnebago to hide fuses like this.

Next check will be to try to find out why the fuse blew in the first place.

Thanks to all of you who helped me trace this down, would never have thought to look for fuses in such a weird location. Thought all automotive type fuses would be up front.

Wagonmaster2
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote