Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2019, 04:39 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

26RBSS Furnace issue

My furnace won’t work and after talking to the dealer I decided I would try to fix it myself instead of warranty work. The fan comes on then the igniter clicks then I can hear the furnace light but goes out after a second or two. The process keeps repeating over and over. I suspect a flame sensor that tells the furnace the flame is on is bad. Much like a thermocouple in furnaces with a pilot. Is it the two wires next to the vent? If anyone has had a similar experience please advise. They sure don’t mind selling you a trailer but do everything they can to discourage warranty work. Anyways I don’t want to get off topic I want to fix my furnace.
pj48009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 05:41 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I had New 2019 26RBS with same problem. Was easy fix igniter probes were just a little to wide . I removed and adjusted igniter (bent electrodes) to 1/8 inch gap.

Fairly easy remove exterior panel disconnect electric and remove igniter from burner . Google for pics and YouTube video on removal if needed.

That gap needs to be correct or will not sense gas burning and shut down continually. Every 30 seconds or so. ( I forget exact time but you get idea )

Good luck Dan
Fall Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 04:50 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Thanks much. My memory recalls two wires going to a device held into the furnace wall right next to the exhaust pipe. That must be the ignitor/sensor. I’ll be back in a week to try it. If your fix doesn’t work at least that part can be replaced without too much expense.
pj48009 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, furnace