Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-19-2020, 05:22 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2405rg ceiling lights

We have a 2020 2405rg and the ceiling lights that are in the bedroom, bathroom, and main area that you touch in the center of the light to turn on have started to just turn on at random times. Wouldn’t be a problem except that the two in the bedroom seem to turn on in the middle of the night. Anyone know what dauses this and how to stop it. Right now I pull the fuse before we go to bed but this isn’t a long term solution. If this can’t be fixed I will have to replace all of the lights.
mlien477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 08:40 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

New problems invented every day and this is new to me!
But it does sound like a switch problem so taking a look at what type of movement it has would seem to be a good move. On a new RV, I might also be inclined to give Winnebago a call to see what they know of the issue.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 10:28 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

The switch is a little spring in the middle of the light. I looked at the manufacturer s web page and they have lots of people in reviews with the same problem. At this point I am inclined to just replace them with a similar light that has a mechanical switch.
mlien477 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ceiling, light, lights