Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2018, 03:49 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2306BHS fresh water fill from city connection

Newbie here, sorry if the question is already answered. The manual for our new 2306BHS says that the fresh water tank can be filled from the city hookup but I am unable to get that going. It refers to a selector valve that I just cannot find. Hooking up the hose (with a pressure regulator, filter and with the trailer pump off) does provide water to the trailer but does not seem to fill the tank. Much appreciated!

For reference, I can fill it from the gravity as expected, fills up, then turn on the pump to push it through, repeat 4 or so times.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-11-13 14.03.49.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	315.8 KB
ID:	170575  
jaisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 03:33 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I just figured all this out recently myself.

The valve on mine is located at the control panel on the left side in the storage bay.
One position allows you to use city water throughout the camper and the other fills the tank while you are connected.
Old 11-15-2018, 08:24 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks! I looked allover and could not find a valve, will look again in the storage bay. Is it near the battery turn-disconnect switch? If not a bother, can you send me a pic of yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrys View Post
I just figured all this out recently myself.

The valve on mine is located at the control panel on the left side in the storage bay.
One position allows you to use city water throughout the camper and the other fills the tank while you are connected.
Old 11-15-2018, 09:58 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Unfortunately my camper is in storage and I can’t get a pic.

On mine the control panel is drivers side of the storage bay, facing out and it has the battery disconnect switch, city water hose connection, cable, an outlet and the water selector valve. (Might have forgotten something)
Old 11-15-2018, 12:13 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

On a 2015 Winn Vista, the valve is in the compartment where the black/grey water drain valves and city water input are located. Point to keep in mind for future (assuming you find it?) is that it may interfere with water pressure if you leave it in the "fill position. We got very little water at the faucets until we switched it off fill.
Point for all of us to keep in mind is that we can get better answers if we give more exact info on what RV we have like what year, etc. Cuts to the chase quicker if we can go to the manual and check our answers for the correct year?
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 06:50 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
On a 2015 Winn Vista, the valve is in the compartment where the black/grey water drain valves and city water input are located. Point to keep in mind for future (assuming you find it?) is that it may interfere with water pressure if you leave it in the "fill position. We got very little water at the faucets until we switched it off fill.
Point for all of us to keep in mind is that we can get better answers if we give more exact info on what RV we have like what year, etc. Cuts to the chase quicker if we can go to the manual and check our answers for the correct year?
I'll check underneath where the drains are, the city plug is right above them. I wonder if that feature is just not available on the Minnies. Wish the manual the trailer came with was a bit more specific, it seems to cover just about all Winnebagos. I keep filling using the gravity in the meantime, the trailer friends I've chatted with have been doing the same and did not even know there was an alternative.

Good point on the pressure and the model/year callout. Ours is a 2019 2306BHS and so far we love everything about it!
Old 11-15-2018, 08:12 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisor View Post
I'll check underneath where the drains are, the city plug is right above them. I wonder if that feature is just not available on the Minnies. Wish the manual the trailer came with was a bit more specific, it seems to cover just about all Winnebagos. I keep filling using the gravity in the meantime, the trailer friends I've chatted with have been doing the same and did not even know there was an alternative.

Good point on the pressure and the model/year callout. Ours is a 2019 2306BHS and so far we love everything about it!
May have been a good point for me to ask but it also pointed out how easy it is for me to be wrong! I was thinking of motorhomes, not trailers and my next suggestion was not going to help you at all!
Any chance the dealer might be well up on the small points like where the valves ---and willing to help? Sometimes we get lucky and find somebody that really knows his product!
On a second, closer look at the page you show, does it say selector valve on the valve next to the inlet? Not sure of what I see but that might make me think that valve would be changed when using the ta versus the pump???
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 08:56 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
May have been a good point for me to ask but it also pointed out how easy it is for me to be wrong! I was thinking of motorhomes, not trailers and my next suggestion was not going to help you at all!
Any chance the dealer might be well up on the small points like where the valves ---and willing to help? Sometimes we get lucky and find somebody that really knows his product!
On a second, closer look at the page you show, does it say selector valve on the valve next to the inlet? Not sure of what I see but that might make me think that valve would be changed when using the ta versus the pump???
I'll hit up the dealer next. The lady that did our walkthrough was really nice and knowledgeable. Pretty sure she covered it but the tank was full and I focused my memory on the hitching details (little towing experience and that was the part I was most nervous about)

The selector in the manual's photo is nowhere to be found on the trailer, hence I wonder if our Minnie even has that feature (more likely) or if the photo was supposed to be on the docking station not the trailer or something (less likely)
Old 11-21-2018, 04:37 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I have a 2018 Minnie 2401RG. I do not have this valve either. It is in the book but the book covers many models. I had a Micro Minnie previously and it showed the valve in the book as well.
Sanfordja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 04:41 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

You will have EITHER a gravity fill or forced fill. You state you have the gravity fill, so you will not have a lever.
Old 11-22-2018, 03:05 AM   #11
Winnebago owner

I have a Winnebago Ult. Adv. 38K 2000.

In the area where I live the water pressure is not very high but I never have water inside the motorhome with a direct connection to the city water.

If I want to have water inside have always to use the tank and the electric pump.

I have been doing this for 2 years, have read the manual many times but I am convinced that there is no other solution.

But if I have missed something, please correct me, always ready to learn.
F702119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 05:46 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

I have not confirmed this on my own, but according to the Winnebago CS tech the knob marked B&B molded valve is the selector to switch from city use to city fill.
I have only used it in the city use position, running the trailer from city water supply.
In the other position it is supposed to fill the water tank. On the back side you can see they show the HP hose going to the tank.
Next trip I will confirm this by switching to the fill position and see if it does indeed fill the tank.

Tags
fresh water, water