Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-13-2022, 03:24 AM   #1
Micro Minnie 2108TB

2108TB Micro Minnie A/C problem

My Micro Minnie (2022) is 2 months old and on our first 2 week trip the A/C failed. With nothing else running the fan will trip after some random amount of time. With cooling and the fan together it does the same thing. The cooling sounds like it switches on and off. When it runs (5 minutes to 1 hour) it cools.
It was the same at 2 rv sites. One private and one state park plugged into 30A shore power.
Questions:
  1. Anyone else see this?
  2. The last (lowest) breaker in the box has no label. This is the breaker that blows and cannot be reset for a while. A/C is the one above.
  3. How much power does the fan use? Without A/C? It can't be much.
  4. Anyone know how to get a wiring diagram for my model? Not online at Winnie.
The dealership ran it all night and it worked fine so they think it's OK. I live in Texas and it's already not OK to camp without A/C.
Help appreciated.
smifff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 03:53 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Call Winnebago towables customer service and give them your VIN#. They used to send diagrams on request.

Is your A/C a stock Dometic 13.5, or did you have the dealer install any mods, like a soft start?
Old 04-13-2022, 07:40 AM   #3
Micro Minnie 2108TB

Thank you

Apparently they still do. I have them but they didn't help except lead me to believe that the breaker labels in the TT are badly labelled. I can check when I go to the dealership.
Stock Dometic btw.
Old 04-19-2022, 09:15 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

If you haven't purchased one, it sounds like having a power/load protector is worth having on general principles, but one like mine might show you what's actually going on too.
I bought a Hughes Power Watchdog Surge Protector with Bluetooth - Portable - 30 Amp version; part # HU67FR. They make a 50Amp too. Shop hard, Prices very greatly! It transmits what's going on, with voltage, load, and such, and will naturally do surge protection as well.
It transmits to your Cell phone once you install their app. There are all sorts of power problems from voltage being to low or variable, to miss wired receptacles.
User Guide: https://hughesautoformers.com/wp-con...urge-Guide.pdf
Rick 99037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 03:07 PM   #5
Micro Minnie 2108TB

Thank you

I have seen these and have considered it. I have purchased a surge protector with basic analysis. It checks the state of the shore power before you connect and will show any faults. Not nearly as sophisticated as the one you shared. We are camping next week in a state park and it the problem persists I may have to go for the next level of protection.
Thanks for the suggestion.
BTW the thing that put me off this unit was as much the reported bright light it emits. Do you see that as a problem?
Old 04-19-2022, 10:58 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

It has like 5 bright green LEDs that are lit when all is well. You'd see it on a dark night for sure. I don't know of a way to cover them, but you could figure something out if you wanted. I'd definitely make use of the metal disk, with a hole for a lock, to secure it to the power box. It would prevent the grab and dash kind of thing, as you'd need to cut the cord to remove it.
Rick 99037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 04:49 PM   #7
Micro Minnie 2108TB

Resolved.
The issue was the breaker itself. We went to a state park and the A/C quit so I went to Lowes and got a new breaker. $5 solution. It ran well for the next 2 days.
Cheap thing to try if you have a similar problem.
Old 05-15-2022, 04:50 PM   #8
Micro Minnie 2108TB

Resolved.
The issue was the breaker itself. We went to a state park and the A/C quit so I went to Lowes and got a new breaker. $5 solution. It ran well for the next 2 days.
Cheap thing to try if you have a similar problem.