Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-15-2020, 09:38 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2108 DS Control Panel?

We have a new 2108 DS and can not find answers in manual for my question. First question is what do the L, F, G, C mean following the battery? When I turn the battery disconnect switch on and then press battery button all four lights L, F, G, C lite up. Then when I turn on water pump and run water for a minute or so and then press battery button only the first two lights L, F lite up. What does this mean? Also there is a light for 3 way pump, What is that? Can not find anything in manual. Also is there a manual download that is more intensive than one that came with trailer, its not very detailed. You would think they would have something on how to understand the control panel. Water, black and grey are easily understood but not battery. Thanks ahead for any help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	monitor.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	600.6 KB
ID:	174210  
Chiefdeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 09:54 AM   #2
Site Team

"C" is charge. "G" = Good "F" = Fair "L" = Low. like the Tank monitors the more lights in the row the better. KIB, the company that makes the monitor calls that a charge light, but it means the battery is full charged - not just charging. Also, it can remain lit even when your battery is not fully charged if your TT is charging the battery or you've just stopped charging recently.

For systems monitor manufactured Jan '92 and later, the LED light will come on when the following voltages are seen in the coach batteries.

C - CHARGE 12.7 volts
G - GOOD 11.9 volts
F - FAIR 11.2 volts
L - LOW 6.0 volts

It's not very useful and many people have added other battery monitors. By the way, "F" is 80% discharged which is NOT "fair" and "L" is not just low, it's "your battery is dead and cannot be counted on to ever recharge again."

Hope this helps... some.
Old 07-15-2020, 10:18 AM   #3
Site Team

Oh, and the "3-way pump" switch. As best I can determine, that is for On/Off/External

You should have a remote water pump switch in the bathroom, or kitchen or one of the compartments. So, you can turn the pump on from a remote location when it's in the external position. If you can find a remote switch and if you even have one.

It's super unclear. There are almost not manuals for these things and the manual I did find from the monitor's maker doesn't mention the 3-way pump switch at all.

I'm trying to figure out if KIB Enterprises is out of business. But their website is down or gone.

I looked in your TT's operator's manual - thee is zero mention of this monitor or even any info about tank levels, battery voltage nor water pump operation.
Old 07-16-2020, 03:18 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

I find this mighty interesting. I've owned my 2108DS for a year now and have never even thought about what the 3-way pump light may actually mean. I just spotted the disclaimer lower on the panel and assumed I didn't have one (and I'm sure that's true).

It sounds like "3-way" might mean similar to what we'd say for a 3-way light switch? That makes sense, but I wonder why it would be needed. Perhaps you are all ready in the shower and realize the pump isn't on so this gives you a better option than the alternative?

The whole panel seems to be begging for replacement. At least the wiring is easy to access. There is an access panel inside that cabinet above the sink that covers up all the wiring.

Todd
tinglett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 04:20 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinglett View Post
It sounds like "3-way" might mean similar to what we'd say for a 3-way light switch? That makes sense, but I wonder why it would be needed.
I've owned 3 Travel Trailers. Each had one water pump switch in them. One.

However, my Motor home has 4 water pump switches and it's very handy.

One switch is the main switch in the hall between the Kitchen and bedroom
One switch is in the half-bath in the middle of the RV
One switch is in the rear bathroom
One switch is outside in the RV's wet bay

So, when the main switch is off and your spouse uses the half-bath while you're driving or filling up gas or what ever she has a handy water pump switch to turn on the water in the half-bath.

Same for the rear bath - but you can't get to that one unless the slides are out.

And, the outside one is for the outside shower in the wet bay when you want to wash your hands after dumping the tanks.

It's all what you're used to - like the 3-auto level switches I have in different places. You get used to the convenience.
Old 07-16-2020, 04:22 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
It sounds like "3-way" might mean similar to what we'd say for a 3-way light switch? That makes sense, but I wonder why it would be needed. Perhaps you are all ready in the shower and realize the pump isn't on so this gives you a better option than the alternative?

I think it's quite common to have a pump switch in the bathroom so you can turn the pump on there when you want to flush the toilet and wash your hands.
Old 07-16-2020, 05:32 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

This makes me think of the "do you leave the pump on always, or turn it off when not using it" question. As a beginner I have to admit I haven't really fully formed an opinion. But I can see that if you are the kind of guy who really wants the pump off when not using, it sure makes sense to have a number of switches handy for when you need to turn the pump on. As you might guess, I've been leaving ours on when we are in the RV (so far).

I don't really mean to start the debate here, but I think the need for multiple switches falls out of it, right? Or maybe there are other scenarios that I'm not thinking about? For example, I wouldn't travel with the pump on so I might see a use to turn on the water from the outside if I needed running water out there for some temporary reason.

BTW, I searched a bit and kibenterprises sure seems to be off the grid. They must be 100% dependent on vendors doing the support. I see this "M25" panel is still pretty easy to find so I doubt they are out of business. I have found some manuals online, but they mainly cover installation and then only really tank sensor placement info.

Todd
Old 07-16-2020, 06:56 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
This makes me think of the "do you leave the pump on always, or turn it off when not using it" question. As a beginner I have to admit I haven't really fully formed an opinion.
People have differing opinions on this. I leave mine off when traveling and turn it on when we set up camp. Well, I say that but I'd guess 30% of the time it's on while traveling "by accident," too.
Old 07-22-2020, 08:34 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

CreativePart has it exactly right! C is Charged, as in fully charged -- 12.7V, G is Good, 11.9V. It is really meaningful only if you are not running a generator and not plugged into an external electrical service.

That said, if you are boondocking and want to avoid damaging your batteries, recharge when the GOOD light goes out, as your battery has discharged to the point that it only puts out 11.9V. You never want to discharge a battery below 11.6V or you risk damaging it. Knowing the exact value is why many of us like adding a better battery monitor.
dacap06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 05:02 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

What size charger?

I’m thinking of upgrading my battery charger. Does anyone know what size charger (amp capacity) the 2019 micro mini 2106ds has?? I can’t find the answer anywhere and I don’t have my trailer right now. It’s in storage. Thanks!
JoshBap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 08:28 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBap View Post
I’m thinking of upgrading my battery charger. Does anyone know what size charger (amp capacity) the 2019 micro mini 2106ds has?? I can’t find the answer anywhere and I don’t have my trailer right now. It’s in storage. Thanks!
My 2019 2108ds has a WFCO WF-8955PEC. It says the converter output is 55 amp. You can find the manufacture manual online.

Todd
Old 08-18-2020, 11:11 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

@todd
Thanks! That’s a big help!
J
JoshBap is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
panel