Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2021, 11:25 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2106DS slide out malfunctions

We bought a 2018 2106DS used and are having slide out issues. We initially thought it was a weak battery, but have since put in a new one and are having the same issue. The slide out moves out unevenly for a few inches then stops. I bring it back in and one side moves a lot more than the other. I get varying error codes of 6 and 8. At the last site it seemed to reset after a couple of tries and worked ok. Now, after a long drive the error codes are back and it won’t extend more than a few inches. This is only our second trip with the camper and I don’t want to mess around with it too much until we get home. My question to those who know is, is it easy to get at the motor wiring without having to remove a lot of the rubber seal? If so, is it easy to put back? It’s motor one, or the one nearest the back that’s the problem. We purposely got this model as it can still be used with the slide out in. It’s so much nicer with it out, but we’ve only managed that for 2 nights out of 8 so far.
Markl9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 02:53 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Mark,
Do you have the Winnebago-provided black bag of manuals with you? If we could find out the manufacturer of your slide-out mechanism, we should be able to find the error code definitions. Those definitions might even be with you in your manuals.
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 01-03-2021, 04:57 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle5 View Post
Hi Mark,
Do you have the Winnebago-provided black bag of manuals with you? If we could find out the manufacturer of your slide-out mechanism, we should be able to find the error code definitions. Those definitions might even be with you in your manuals.
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
It’s the Lippert slide out control and the errors are short between control and motor or motor short circuit. I don’t want to try anything major until I get home in case I can’t get it back together. The camper has been great otherwise, even in relatively cold weather. It was strange that on our second stop after a couple of tries the box/wiring seemed to fix itself and not show any error codes. That time it moved out smoothly and also retracted with no error. Once we reached the next destination and I was ready to extend, I checked the controller and it was flashing error 6. After a couple of tries it now flashes error 8 on motor 1. I assume the vibration of driving is messing up the wiring, but I can’t see where.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	71FF87BB-DF49-4C0A-8FF4-72F6B3D47459.png
Views:	70
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	176686  
Markl9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 05:01 PM   #4
Site Team

Hi Mark,
OK yes, it does sound like wiring. I agree to keep the slide-out in until you get home. Bummer, but still have fun on your journey, as best you can. Good luck with the repairs when you get home.
Eagle5
Old 01-03-2021, 05:07 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Lots of technical information on your slide here:

https://support.lci1.com/in-wall-slide-out
Old 01-10-2021, 04:57 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

When powering the slide in or out, make sure to hold the button until the slide stops. I was holding it until it seemed to be all the way out and (I thought) it was starting to bog down, the result was that over time it got "out of sync". You can reset it by pushing the button on the controller (not quite sure the number of times, I think 7 then hold until the light flashes) then run the slide out until it stops on its own. This I'm told synchronizes the motors, myself, I try doing this before taking anything apart. Good luck, hope this helps.
MainelyScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 04:36 PM   #7
Former Winnebago Owner

How is your battery voltage? I have seen several strange and intermittent slide errors due to low battery voltage. Also you can "reset" the slide controller by disconnecting the batteries for a few seconds. My Meridian would sometimes get motor related errors if I tried to extend/retract with the chassis battery <~12.3 volts. The errors were difficult to clear until I found that pushing the chassis battery disconnect for a few seconds then starting the engine before trying to move the slides. On your TT I would imagine it is even easier to allow the voltage to drop to <12.3 volts. The slide motors will quickly draw that voltage to below 12 volts making the slide controller unpredictable.

Safe travels,
NMBluept is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out