Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2018, 05:28 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

2106 FBS couch

I finally was able to get inside of a 2106FBS today. I think it is going to be our choice. Thinking about a dinette, it is really only used for meals. Past experience tells us it is not a comfortable place to sit for hours. It may offer a bit more work area for meal prep but the folding table will help with that. With only 2 of us I think the FBS is the better choice, we want the queen bed, and the jackknife sofa will likely never be used for sleeping.

My main concern is how comfortable that couch will be for movie watching etc. We are not small people me being 6'3" and the wife just under 6'. Those who have the FBS what do you think of the couch (for sitting, not sleeping)? It felt OK to me today but that was only 10 min.
bigb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 05:11 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I have the 2106 DS but same couch. I think you got it right. It is OK. Not great, not unusable. I wouldn't feel bad putting a small grandchild on it for the night but would feel bad asking one of our adult children to sleep on it. The longest I have used it is about an hour to lay down and watch TV. Certainly worked for that. If you are like us you will end up replacing the table that comes with the trailer. It is too heavy and we prefer having a half length table so that we can still have some table space without blocking the entire couch.
blueridge-fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 05:57 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueridge-fl View Post
I have the 2106 DS but same couch. I think you got it right. It is OK. Not great, not unusable. I wouldn't feel bad putting a small grandchild on it for the night but would feel bad asking one of our adult children to sleep on it. The longest I have used it is about an hour to lay down and watch TV. Certainly worked for that. If you are like us you will end up replacing the table that comes with the trailer. It is too heavy and we prefer having a half length table so that we can still have some table space without blocking the entire couch.
Thanks but I was really asking about sitting on the couch. Is it comfortable for that for several hours? I have always heard that RV couches are not very comfortable after about 30 minutes or so, for most people anyway.
Old 05-03-2018, 07:42 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb View Post
Thanks but I was really asking about sitting on the couch. Is it comfortable for that for several hours? I have always heard that RV couches are not very comfortable after about 30 minutes or so, for most people anyway.
The most I have sat on our slide out couch is probably a little over an hour. Its OK but I am more comfortable on the 2106DS bed-couch. The slide out couch is not as firm and it feels like most of the support is coming from some pretty weak springs. We do most of our sitting outside in the folding camp chairs.
blueridge-fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 07:51 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I am in the process of looking for recliners to replace the couch in the Minnie Winnie 31K MH I just purchased. This is my third RV. The first TT had a couch and it was not comfortable for very long while watching tv, the second TT was a rear living and came with "Euro" style recliners which were very comfortable to sit in.
legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 11:42 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

I'm not as tall as you (5'9") and my wife measures in at 5'2". We find the couch comfortable but can't say we keep track of how long we sit. I'm more of a night owl and stretch out there and watch TV after my wife has gone to bed and have no complaints. The only thing I can think of that might not be comfortable for a taller person is the shorter seat depth compared to a typical home couch.
old_engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 08:28 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Thanks this helps, I think we will go with it and if necessary make adjustments later. legolas keep us posted on which recliners you go with and how big they are...
Old 05-09-2018, 04:58 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

Not for anything but why would you want to sit on a couch for several hours when you're camping??
BluesWinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 05:27 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesWinnie View Post
Not for anything but why would you want to sit on a couch for several hours when you're camping??
It's not really camping. It's road trips without staying at hotels, and vacations away from the heat without renting rooms or crashing in on friends and relatives. It's our little home away from home where we will eat, sleep, shower, poop, watch TV, read books and surf the internet, just like we do at home.
Camping to me means you are out in the wild, maybe in a tent, or under the stars, cooking over a fire. Maybe in the rain Been there done that. Getting old now.
Old 05-09-2018, 07:05 PM   #10
Winnebago Watcher

l-o-v-e. We do that too but we still call it camping. When we call it camping our dog will get on the bed Also we play music so need that space to set up our stuff. We just relinquished a 20 year old pop up tent camper that blew apart in Montana yet we took it all the way to Austina and back up to Minnesota >whew< enough of that. Before that we had an RPod and a Scamp. We're too old! This Couples' Coach is going to be perfect.
BluesWinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 11:12 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

I have the 2106fbs and the couch is very adequate. I may put a moveable mount for the tv so I can sit and tv swings out. The table that comes with, however, is very heavy and has to be moved in order to put the couch down
I bought a small table the folds. I will store this table under and leave heavy table in bed of truck. I love my 2106fbs. Bought from Dave Arbogast RV in Troy, Ohio. Can't beat their prices.
dmoritz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 07:23 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoritz2 View Post
I have the 2106fbs and the couch is very adequate. I may put a moveable mount for the tv so I can sit and tv swings out. The table that comes with, however, is very heavy and has to be moved in order to put the couch down
I bought a small table the folds. I will store this table under and leave heavy table in bed of truck. I love my 2106fbs. Bought from Dave Arbogast RV in Troy, Ohio. Can't beat their prices.
Thanks, we thought the table was too heavy as well and will be looking for an alternative.
Old 05-16-2018, 05:26 PM   #13

No, the sofas become uncomfortable quickly.
LarryW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 07:00 PM   #14
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryW View Post
No, the sofas become uncomfortable quickly.
Some people say they are fine and others say they are not so I have to ask, are you bigger like me? I am 6'3" and 235 lbs.
Old 05-16-2018, 07:40 PM   #15

Six one and 205, Bigb.
LarryW is offline   Reply With Quote