Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-23-2022, 10:10 PM   #1

2100BH Slide out issues

Hello Team! I am new to this site and new to my 2100BH Micro Mini. We just spent 3 weeks in the cold and rain in Idaho and could not have been happier with the trailer. VERY happy with my purchase. By the end of the trip though we were having major slide out issues. The left side would bind and stop while the right would keep going. There was nothing in the way. Here is a video I shot today, but see below for further issues I found:

https://youtu.be/SrlAq3leNdE

After more investigation I noticed the ceiling panel is coming loose above the left of the unit and the slideout seems to be sagging when all the way in. I was never told that we could not use the slideout while it was in, which we did a lot and probably created the problem. Honestly, it would be hard not to use the table when it is all the way in, we do it a lot at lunch on the side of the road. Attached are some pictures showing the stress it is causing on the ceiling/wall, the photo of the ceiling panel falling down was not as bad as it is now, I pulled it down to try to see what the backing was.

Looking for advice and answers to these questions if you have any:

1. Are you not suppose to sit at the table when the slideout is in?
2. Would it make sense to install rollers to give the unit stability when its fully in? Seems like it would be a simple task, but curious if anyone else has done this.
3. Is there a way to manually work the unit without removing the motors? This would be impossible to get to when its all the way in.
4. What is the best way to reattach the ceiling? looks like its stapled into some thin gauge aluminum.

Thanks so much for any help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2611.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	270.3 KB
ID:	183311   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2612.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	268.2 KB
ID:	183312  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2614.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	249.6 KB
ID:	183313  
sdillard11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 11:31 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

This is a really good video about slide outs. I stopped sitting in my 2108 slide after watching it: https://youtu.be/itGeKF6yu1g

I wouldn’t attempt to repair the ceiling myself. I’d likely hire a pro for that repair.

If your slide doesn’t close evenly, try this:
When you open the slide, continue depressing the switch for a few seconds after you think the slide is all the way out. Then when you bring the slide in, once again continue depressing the switch for a few seconds longer than when you think it is closed. The slide is self adjusting. This information os on the Lippert Schwintek website.

Also, I found that my slide was a bit sensitive to level. So make sure the trailer is close to level front to back before operating the slide.
Old 06-24-2022, 05:59 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Just to be clear, for those who don't want to take the time to watch the video, this is an issue with towables, not motorhomes.

I know this is a forum on trailers but I know I usually get to these via the recent discussions sidebars and pay more attention to the topic instead of the forum.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out