Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-03-2022, 09:03 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2023 Micro Minne FLX Setup???

Anybody willing to talk me through setting up my GoPower and Xantrex settings? I've read every document I can find and it is still sort of confusing. Just bought a 2023 micro mini flex and the dealership was no help with the important stuff as everyone else has explained! Please help anyone? Thank you!
Frank Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 05:16 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Frank,
I see eight pages of related discussion in this Thread:
Micro Minnie FLX Xantrex/Go Power! Parameters
Also, if reading through these doesn't help, you could send a personal message through this forum to a user who seems to have the most similar situation to yours.
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 12-03-2022, 11:24 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

FLX basics

Welcome
Last 2 posts here should help. https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ml#post3929376

But the whole adventure has been something.

Lots of helpful folks here!

-Steve
SactoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 12:26 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thank you! I'll give it a try again. Already went through this with Winnebago and the FB groups.
Old 12-04-2022, 02:26 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

So before I read these instructions, the best I was able to achieve with other people's instructions was the LI3 battery would say it was at 100% and the Xantrex inverter would say the battery is at 50%. After following these last two posts the LI3 battery says it's at 100% and the Xantrex inverter says it's at 75%. There is a caveat I have only trickle charged. According to the instructions I now need at least 5 hours of 30 amp shore power. I may have something set up within the next couple nights for temporary shore Power lol. Not sure if I'm moving in the right direction or not but thank you both again. If you have any more advice please don't be shy....
Old 12-04-2022, 02:28 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

My plan was at this point to leave the battery off and the circuit breaker off until I can give it 30 amps of shore power. Plus I was going to try to call lithium ionics, Xantrax and Go Power hopefully this week if I'm not too busy at work.
Old 12-04-2022, 02:37 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

First thing is to get the xantrex and gopower “boxes” set up with the correct parameters, if you haven’t already. Thereare a table for each in the part 2 PDF
I assume you have the apps to make the changes.

And, really, thats pretty much all you have to do. The “System” will “do its thing”. Their probably isn’t enough sunlight for efficient solar charging, and the Xantrex needs to be ON for shore power charging.

-steve
Old 12-04-2022, 03:15 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Yes I have everything set up correctly per the two PDF documents you referred to. However my LI 3 battery app says I am at 100% or now it's actually 99% and the Xantrex inverter is saying my battery is at 75%. According to the instructions after you make changes to the settings you need to shut the battery off and trickle charge it for several hours, then turn the battery on and charge it at 30 amp shore power for 5 plus hours and then everything will be working correctly. But if you don't complete those last steps I would be curious if you had the same problems I had where the battery percentages didn't match depending on which device you are using....
Old 12-04-2022, 03:18 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

FLX Knowledge Capture

The attached PDF is a compilation of the knowledge we've collected through the 8 Pages of the parameters thread.
I'd check the Xantrex and GoPower! setting first.

-steve
Attached Files
File Type: pdf FLX Electrical System Pt 1 & 2.pdf (1.53 MB, 107 views)
Old 12-04-2022, 03:24 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Booth View Post
my LI 3 battery app says I am at 100% or now it's actually 99% and the Xantrex inverter is saying my battery is at 75%.
If the Lithionics app says 100% (or 99%) you are good. I'd be curious what the GoPower app says. and Curious if the GoPower! temp probe is connected. It may be dangling below the GoPower Solar charger. But that's really a nit.

There is no trickle charging, that a relic from lead/acid batterys mostly.

It sounds like you are "all set", am I missing your concern?

-steve
Old 12-04-2022, 03:32 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

winter storage

I just checked and see you are in New England. I believe it gets below freezing there. Have you addressed that situation? are you storing indoors?
here's another thread to consider. https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ml#post3928822
Old 12-04-2022, 03:47 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Thank you very much for your help, yes it I will most likely be storing it indoors but we have not had many nights below freezing yet. Plus you can store it below freezing for less than 3 months. According to one of the documents I read there's been so many now lol.
Old 12-04-2022, 03:53 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

I guess my concern was the Xantrex inverter in the LI3 battery did not say the same percentages. There was a 25% difference. That was really my only concern. But I will continue to do my research and make 100% sure that everything is set up right and I will start by calling lithionics tomorrow....
Old 12-04-2022, 04:32 PM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
you can store it below freezing for less than 3 months.
Yes, per Lithionics storage doct.
-steve
Old 12-04-2022, 04:43 PM   #15
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
I guess my concern was the Xantrex inverter in the LI3 battery did not say the same percentages. There was a 25% difference. That was really my only concern. But I will continue to do my research and make 100% sure that everything is set up right and I will start by calling lithionics tomorrow....
I wouldn’t be overly concerned about Xantrex or GoPower! Reporting different SoC values than the lithionics app, and I would give more credence to the Lithionics app.
Once I connected the GoPower! Temp probe the values for Battery temp between what the GoPower app and Litionics app reported came into alignment and the charging cycles were more in alignment with the GoPower algorithm (as far as I could tell). There was no temp probe provided with the Xantrex, altho it has an interface for one. I suspect that “things” would be better with one but that's been low on the priority of figuring out what matters.

If you pick up better, more current information on this system please post it on the parameters thread. Lots of folks who’ve been chasing this all spring and summer and more is better.

-steve
Old 12-04-2022, 04:49 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Steve, thank you for all your help! I'm sure I'll be contributing the information I gather over the next couple weeks!
Old 12-10-2022, 11:05 AM   #17
Winnebago Owner

The Xantrex app is drinking too much egg nog. It's drunk. It always shows something wildly different, and we still have no idea why, since Xantrex also makes LiFePo4 batteries too. One would think that they'd talk to each other, but I guess not.
Even more confusing is some other FLX owners we know downloaded the Xantred Battery app from the Canada version of the App Store and it looks identical to the Lithionics app!

If you have the Lithionics battery, trust their app before you trust the Xantrex inverter's app when it comes to battery capacity.

Hopefully some of this will get sorted out in the future. Hopefully.
Old 12-10-2022, 11:43 AM   #18
Winnebago Camper

RovaninMedic You are absolutely correct, I talked to an engineer at xantrex and they pretty much told me the same thing. The app shows a calculated value as opposed to a real time measured value. So my lithionics battery will say it's 100%, but what I look at the xantrex it says the battery is only at 50%. However what I plug into shore Power they both show at 100%. Today is a sunny day and the go solar controller for the first time is showing the correct voltage that matches the LI3 battery.