Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-04-2020, 11:27 AM   #21
2019 1706fb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono2 View Post
I have a 2020 MM 2106DS that I bought last July. To date, I’ve put about 3K miles on it and the biggest problem so far is the interior trim that’s starting to loosen up in various places. The black tank is giving erroneous readings as well (shows 2/3 full when empty). Aside from that I’ve been pretty pleased with it. This is my first RV purchase.
Trips include 4-5 trips to SW PA from central OH and a couple of local one hour trips. PA geography where I drop anchor is hilly, rooty, rutty and muddy. This rig does well in all of the above.
Good luck with ur decision.
Mono
Black tank sensors get clogged, give the tank a good flushing.

Low strength Loc-Tite should be used on ALL fasteners (make sure it is low strength). Take a few hours to partially unscrew each fastener everywhere you can find be it screw or bolt, drip a bit of low-strength Loc-Tite on the threads, snug it up.

Many years ago on my first trailer I found spare tire nuts loosening, tank drain handles loosening, door screws loosening, just about everything that needed a fastener.
SonofBert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 06:38 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtrack15 View Post
I get it. The problem is there really isn't anything better out there that I am aware of in the Micro Minnie class. The Geo Pro trailers are technically 6-sided aluminum (including aluminum framed benches/beds) but I'm not thrilled with the framing design for the roof (watch the factory tour video if interested) and all of them are single-axle only at this point which limits my enthusiasm.

Stepping up to trailers that are 8-feet wide (not something I really want) leads to the Grand Design Imagine XLS series where both the roof and front wall are also wood framed (and I don't like the axles as much). The Rockwood Mini-Lites are an option as well, but the "forward-slant" front looks like it would be hell aerodynamically (and I don't want the extra width/height).

There are no easy choices here. Even with the wood framing, I still keep coming back to the Micro Minnie.
We have the Winnie Minnie 2500FL (front living); it is aluminum framed but for some reason the pass-through that supports the bed is wood framed, but there is some internal aluminum framing in the front under the couch. Interestingly enough, the 2500RL (rear living) has an aluminum cage for its pass-through/bed head area support. I don't know the logic/reasoning for the difference. The floor plans between the two are nothing like each other even though they share the same numeric lead-in.

I concur that RVs aren't built the way they "used to be". We have friends that have an early 1980s-vintage Holiday Rambler, wood framed, and it has been well-maintained. They've had issues with appliances (given its age) but no issues with leaks. Of course it does not have the rubber roof commonly used with TTs these days; I'm not sure if the Rambler's roof is fiberglass or metal - but I'm certain that has a lot to do with the lack of leaks in that area.
Old 08-20-2020, 10:25 PM   #23
Winnebago Master

I just want to correct my prior posts, including the first post of this thread. The rear wall on Micro Minnies is framed with aluminum. I was incorrect previously when I said it was framed with wood. Only the front wall and roof have transitioned to wood framing.
backtrack15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 12:24 PM   #24
2019 1706fb

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtrack15 View Post
I just want to correct my prior posts, including the first post of this thread. The rear wall on Micro Minnies is framed with aluminum. I was incorrect previously when I said it was framed with wood. Only the front wall and roof have transitioned to wood framing.
Good to know. So keep the roof sealed well with proper treatments so water doesn't work into the wood framing. I use Aerospace 303.

The roof is still walkable even with wood framing? Haven't got on my 2019 yet but will do so soon to install the Micro Air Easy Start.
SonofBert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 03:03 PM   #25
Winnebago Master

The wood roof is walkable, yes. No issues there.
Old 11-14-2021, 05:03 PM   #26
Micro Mini 2108TB

Thumbs down 3-year Warranty - Forget it, you are on your own.

Hi Guys,

I have written previously about the soft spot I found in my 2020 Micro Mini 2108TB roof. It seemed like this was related to a problem with the skylight molding in the shower, which did not go all the way to the top of the skylight. I assumed that water had migrated into the roof to cause the soft spot.

I have been in long discussions with Benjamin Gil at Winnebago Towables and I sent them many pictures. However, they determined that the problem was caused by a lack of seal maintenance on the adjacent skylight in the bathroom. They say that it is an owner caused problem and thus is not covered under the 3 year structural warranty; this on a 13 month old trailer.

Please look at the attached pictures and you will see that you do not get this much mold that rots through the particle board in such a short time.
My repair bill was $4,200, so don't rely on Winnebago to honor their warranty, they don't.

My Micro Mini is now for sale. I have had enough of the bull **** from Winnebago Towables. They had a good reputation, but that is long gone.
Senecio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 05:05 PM   #27
Micro Mini 2108TB

Sorry Guys,
Here are the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lakeview RV 6.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	181307   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lakeview RV 7.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	181308  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lakeview RV 8.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	181309  
Senecio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 05:40 PM   #28
Winnebago Master

I’m very sorry to hear that you had to pay 100% for this. Thanks for closing the loop on this issue.

I hate to see you sell it and not get any more use out of your investments, but I can understand the frustration.
Old 12-07-2021, 05:24 AM   #29
Winnebago Owner

Seal maintenance on a 13 month old trailer? Really? This is one of my biggest heartaches about RV's. It's way too easy for a tiny leak to start rotting, and you don't even know it. There's no way to see. That could be caused by a hairline crack. It rots away, unseen, until it's too late.

Well, this only confirms that I needn't worry about whether or not I "voided the warranty" on my trailer. This just confirms that the Winnebago warranty is useless.
R_Lefebvre is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
suspension