Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2020, 11:50 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2021 Micro Minnie 2100Bh questions/reviews?

Awaiting pickup in late Sep of the latest 2021 2100BH with new interior. Can anyone comment on the changes? Any recommendations for backup camera purchase? Does the 2100BH have a railing to attach a grill outside? Tow vehicle is a 2016 Tacoma with tow package. Newbie to RVing but love tent camping. Thanks for any comments and/or reviews on this model. Hard to actually touch one as they sell quickly on dealers lots due to pandemic. Thanks!
cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 01:59 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Welcome!

Here are the biggest changes:

(1) new interior “wood”
(2) 12V-only fridge standard, gas/electric optional
(3) Now Dexter 2500# torsion axles (previously 3700# Lippert axles)
(4) payload capacity now 1140 lbs. down from 3140 before. (GVWR 5000 now 7000 previously).
(5) Now has ST tires rather than previous SUV tires.
(6) New corner jacks
(7) optional couch in place of the dinette
(8) no oven. Now has a convection microwave.

It is set up for the Voyager camera system. No rail on exterior for stove, but it does have a quick connection for hooking into the propane system (low pressure).

I’m waiting on a 2306BHS myself.
backtrack15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 03:18 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Geez, I’ll have to talk to the dealer! Most of those items don’t sound good - a downgrade. Particularly no oven, 2000 fewer payload pounds, no gas/electric option with frig. Disappointed! Thanks for the info!
cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 03:39 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

The frame is the same except for the axle mounts. The structure is the same. The new GVWR is a marketing ploy to increase market share. The only good thing is the new axles will make for a smoother ride.

The gas/electric fridge is optional... so maybe you have that already.
Old 09-16-2020, 11:25 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtrack15 View Post
The frame is the same except for the axle mounts. The structure is the same. The new GVWR is a marketing ploy to increase market share. The only good thing is the new axles will make for a smoother ride.

The gas/electric fridge is optional... so maybe you have that already.
not to sound snide, but why would you need more than 1140#s CCC? even with all 3 tanks full that leaves almost 500lbs of CCC. I dont understand the issue
LetsGoChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 12:07 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoChamp View Post
not to sound snide, but why would you need more than 1140#s CCC? even with all 3 tanks full that leaves almost 500lbs of CCC. I dont understand the issue
I came from a "typical" trailer and had axles and a cargo capacity just adequate for the job. Since it was a fifth-wheel, my truck was also basically within 200 lbs of GVWR. Part of the reason I was so excited by the Micro Minnie was that my truck would suddenly be ~2000 lbs from it's payload limit and the axles/cargo capacity of the Micro Minnie meant I had all kinds of spare capacity (nothing near it's mechanical limit). I much prefer to be nowhere near any mechanical limit, especially with RV components. While what it is now is likely fine (maybe even better due to the ride improvement), it puts folks back in the position of running axles near capacity and watching what they bring in order to stay under GVWR. My enthusiasm diminished.

1140# is probably just fine for such a small trailer. If you load two 6V batteries, two 30 lb propane tanks, and 307 lbs of water (empty grey/black tanks), you probably still have 650 lbs of cargo capacity. I expect that is quite sufficient for most folks.
Old 09-16-2020, 12:13 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
I came from a "typical" trailer and had axles and a cargo capacity just adequate for the job. Since it was a fifth-wheel, my truck was also basically within 200 lbs of GVWR. Part of the reason I was so excited by the Micro Minnie was that my truck would suddenly be ~2000 lbs from it's payload limit and the axles/cargo capacity of the Micro Minnie meant I had all kinds of spare capacity (nothing near it's mechanical limit). I much prefer to be nowhere near any mechanical limit, especially with RV components. .
My situation is slightly different. My truck even with a Micro Minnie has payload issues, so having a 7000 pound GVWR on my trailer allows me to move some things from the bed to the trailer. In a post in another thread just a few minutes ago I mentioned carrying my generator in the trailer. That's to give me a bit more margin on my trucks payload limits. I agree not wanting to be near the limits.
Old 09-16-2020, 01:06 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I plan to pull the MM with a 2000 Toyota Landcruiser 5.7L V8. It has a tow capacity of 6500#ish. Either way, 7K vs 5K, I still have to be careful of not overloading the CCC. I have 1745# of CCC avail in the Landcruiser. I think between the 2, Ill be aight
LetsGoChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 10:19 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

If you travel with full tanks you won't have much for cargo. Dry weight is 3,860 which doesn't include anything in the tanks or propane according to the project person at Winnebago. A full load of water alone is 307 lbs. When you add the propane and full waste tanks and your allowed storage will drop significantly.
Paul n Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 05:48 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

I’ve never had the occasion to travel with all tanks full. Typically the waste tanks fill in response to using up the fresh water. But yes, if you travel with all of them full, that consumes a lot of the available cargo capacity.
Old 09-18-2020, 07:56 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

Quote:
I’ve never had the occasion to travel with all tanks full. Typically the waste tanks fill in response to using up the fresh water.
Ditto, and I try to dump the waste tanks ASAP after breaking camp.

Someone here recommended this device, and I use it to put in about 20 gallons of water before leaving if I don't expect to have hookups.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 09-21-2020, 07:50 AM   #12
Kaz46

I purchased a 2021 2100BH in August but that must have been before the changes were made. My GVWR is 7000lbs but honestly I can't imagine getting close to that number and that's with plenty of stuff for 2 adults, 1 child, and a dog. It makes good use of it's storage but would be hard to surpass 5000lbs with the interior space unless you're hauling bricks.

Your Tacoma should do fine but you'll probably find it rides significantly better with the tanks empty. Even with my F150 it seems to unbalance the load a good amount with a full tank. Not bad for a short trip but it's noticable on a windy for sure.

No stove would be a deal breaker for us but the electric/gas Domestic fridge seems to struggle switching to gas everytime so that's probably not a big loss.

Overall we're really enjoying the rig. No major issues. I will be swapping out the SUV tires for good trailer tires at some point to improve the ride and adding a generator. Haven't had any need for a backup camera although I'm sure it would be a nice add on.
Kaz46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 08:01 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

Are the OEM SUV tires too “squishy”? Are you wanting a stiffer sidewall to counter sway? I’m just curious.
Old 09-21-2020, 08:29 AM   #14
Kaz46

Quote:
Are the OEM SUV tires too “squishy”? Are you wanting a stiffer sidewall to counter sway? I’m just curious.
They do seem squishy. Our current setup handles the sway pretty well but I think the tires cause more sway than it should have. The Goodyear wrangler tires on our truck are also not great so I'm sure the combination of the two play into it. With that said, I can drive 65mph comfortably on a windy day without issue. This was a much bigger problem when we tried towing with our SUV.
Kaz46 is offline   Reply With Quote