Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2022, 09:51 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2021 Micro Minne Electrical Issues

I just joined this forum. I found it while searching for a schematic on the 7 pin plug. I have a 2021 Micro Minne 2108TB. I bought a new truck recently so we took a trip down to eastern Nevada and stayed at the state park. My old truck had the connection for the 7 pin plug below the bumper, while the new truck has the connection above. When I connected the plug I messed up and did not account for the difference in turning. This resulted in pinching the electrical cord. There were two wires that were cut (red and green) and the wires were touching. I lost my running lights but still had turning signal and break lights. When I got home I spliced the wires back together but now I have no lights. I checked the plug with a volt meter. There is 12 volts when I tested the black and white wires. I ohm the others and the only one that was good was the brake controller wire. The others were open somewhere. The schematic that tinglett drew looks what I need but I can not read it on the computer. I have found the 30 amp breakers (looks like there are 3 of them) on the A frame. One has the reset button. My questions are as follows: 1) Are there any fuses in the junction box? 2) Could I have blown all the light bulbs? 3) Does anyone have any suggestions of further troubleshooting the system? Thanks for any help that you guys can provide.
tt1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 03:16 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Welcome to the forum!
First off have you looked at the winnebago wiring diagrams? if not heres the link, I could not see your exact model.
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ram/Wiring.htm

You did not say if your plug on the truck is working correctly. By that when you use the turn signal, stop etc are you getting power through the plug

At one time I had trouble with trailer lights and it came down to a bad ground wire. Maybe by pulling the cord it broke the ground wire connection.

Good Luck
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 03:53 AM   #3
Just Trying to Help

tt1951-

First off, welcome to winnieowners.com!

Second, you should add a "signature" to your profile. It contains whatever info you want; most people put info about their coach there, so they don't have to type it into each message. Instructions for adding a signature are here.

Re: Trailer connector wiring. This link shows standard trailer connector signals and pin locations. Start by testing at the tow vehicle end for all signals on their pins. Use a voltmeter or a 12V test light. The tow vehicle may have to be on to see some of the signals. Then, work your way downstream to through the umbilical to the trailer end.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 09:40 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by be happy View Post
First off have you looked at the winnebago wiring diagrams? if not heres the link, I could not see your exact model.
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ram/Wiring.htm
Be Happy - you couldn't find his "exact model" because the wiring diagrams you linked to are only for motorhomes and the OP has a travel trailer. In fact, there are no "Owner Resources" webpages for any trailerable Winnebagos... just motorhomes.

Travel trailer owners can contact the trailerable division and request some diagrams, but not all of them. And there are no online resources for Winnebago travel trailers.
Old 11-03-2022, 02:07 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I found a blown fuse in the truck fuse box. I have not hooked up the trailer to the truck yet since I am worried there is still a short in the trailer wiring. Thank you for your help.
Old 11-03-2022, 02:08 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I called Winnebago and they supplied the schematics that I asked for. They will be adding trailer schematic in the future. Don't know when.
Old 11-04-2022, 06:16 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt1951 View Post
The schematic that tinglett drew looks what I need but I can not read it on the computer. I have found the 30 amp breakers (looks like there are 3 of them) on the A frame. One has the reset button. My questions are as follows: 1) Are there any fuses in the junction box? 2) Could I have blown all the light bulbs? 3) Does anyone have any suggestions of further troubleshooting the system? Thanks for any help that you guys can provide.
Attached is a pdf of the wiring diagram. It hasn't really changed so if you aren't able to read it I'm not sure what the trouble is.

The diagram is for the external 12v wiring of my 2019 MM, but I suspect the only real changes for newer models is in the area of the solar connector, and I have a vague recollection that the newer models may also have backup lights. The FLX models have a lot of change and could differ.

The 30A manual breaker (and reset button) is in the middle of the junction box on the street side under the trailer frame. The green wire goes to all the lights, so for sure would be an issue if it was cut or broken. Red is for the left turn signal, and brown is for the right signal. I'd think the turn lights would work independent of the green wire. Blue goes to the brakes and is something you probably should verify are working after this event. Finally, black is 12v charging power (my Toyota can provide up to 40A), and white is ground which may actually function if broken when the trailer is hitched up.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2108DS 12v wiring diagram v03.pdf (165.4 KB, 80 views)
tinglett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 06:36 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Attached is an annotated diagram (pdf) of the junction box in my 2019 Micro Minnie. Yours will probably be quite similar.

If you have the time and inclination and are worried about damage in your cable, you might measure between points in this box and the cable connector end. The trouble is that the wire connections are all crimped, so I don't know how easy it might be to stick a multimeter probe in to get a continuity measurement.

I suppose an alternative if you fear the cable might hurt your truck is to connect +12v from the battery to each terminal in turn in the cable connector end (skip the black). You'll need a 12ga wire if you do the blue (brake) and you should have a fuse or breaker on this wire so you don't end up in a bad place if you really do find a short. Perhaps others on this forum have better advice before you head down this road.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Micro Minnie 12v junction box annotated.pdf (476.9 KB, 57 views)
Old 11-04-2022, 10:38 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

I was able to print out the PDF files and they are clear. I noticed that the wire positions shown on your diagram for the trailer connector are the positions for my truck receptacle. My trailer plug is naturally reversed. I really appreciate you putting this diagram together. I had Winnebago email me their diagram and it is not as detailed. I found a blown fuse in my truck and it was the problem. I am still playing around with the electrical system so that I understand it for when I am on the road and do something dumb again. Thanks.
Old 11-04-2022, 11:04 AM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Ha, well I wouldn't exactly call that "dumb." My Toyota connector is way low and over to the passenger side for some reason. The cable reaches just fine, but then droops low to the ground, so I've sort-of rigged up a slack bungee cable to keep it high but flexible. I wish this connection could be made better so bad things can't happen.

Let me know if you find differences that should be noted for newer models and I can annotate it somehow. I'd also like an "interior" wiring diagram, but it seems it would be mostly just a list of what is connected to what fuse. Winnebago's wiring diagram does attempt to show that.