Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-19-2023, 09:46 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2019 Micro Minnie 2106DS info on electronic switches

I purchased my 2106DS used and I'm looking for info on what the unmarked switches are in my control box by the door. It has the slide switches, the power awning switches and the water tank/pump/ electronic/propane switches, but it has two unmarked black rockers on the let side under the power awning switches. I cannot find any info on them. I know if I switch the one, some of the lights will work when they don't in the opposite position. I do have (3) 100 watt solar panels on the roof...is it something for those?

I've searched for photos and tutorials and cannot find anything about them.
SJA1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 02:01 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

On my trailer, one is the awning led strip, the other is a couple interior lights. The interior lights controlled by the switch look the same as the touch lights but only operate by switch.
Old 05-20-2023, 06:59 AM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJA1966 View Post
I do have (3) 100 watt solar panels on the roof...is it something for those?
Solar panels generally do not have off/on switches.
Old 05-20-2023, 07:38 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

The one which you mention makes lights work or not when pushed may be a battery disconnect switch? I'm not up on new trailers, so guessing!
But perhaps look at how that switch seems to move. If it is a bat disconnect, it will not move and stay but "bounce back" as it is a momentary switch. If it it the normal switch we see most often, it moves and locks into that position but if momentary, it is only operated while we press it, then returns when released.

This can make it very confusing to understand the oepration if a battery disconnect switch.
A battery disconnect switch can be pushed to make a relay operate. That relay is often a "latching relay" that has a magnetic gizmo to latch the relay where we last moved it, on or off. That allows us to move the relay and it stays where we put it without using battery power full time to keep it there.
We go camping, turn the disconnect "ON" and it stays on without using battery all week! A good thing, but it can come back to confuse us!
If we turn the disconnect off and do some battery work and then we want to put it all back together, the switch does NOTHING if we have the battery out. It has to have battery power to turn on the relay and move it to get power to other things!
If we want to move the disconnect relay, we have to have battery power and THEN press the switch to on or we can chase ourself all over looking for what we did not connect as we put the battery back! We can KNOW we turned it on but it doesn't care!

Look at the switches and "feel" how they are acting? Do they snap into place or bounce back?
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 02:37 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Navy View Post
On my trailer, one is the awning led strip, the other is a couple interior lights. The interior lights controlled by the switch look the same as the touch lights but only operate by switch.
I think that’s it! I noticed it does make some of the interior lights work or not work. I haven’t been able to try it in the dark so I didn’t notice the awning LED’s. Thanks
SJA1966 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
switch