Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-29-2018, 12:20 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2019 2106FBS travel trailer problems

Where does one submit a new post or inquiry?
I am having major issues with my new travel trailer.
I just returned from an extended road trip in my new 2019 2106FBS travel trailer. This was my shakedown cruise and I discovered what I consider to be major problems.
1. The "kickboard" under the couch will not stay in place. the frames on most of the window screens do not properly seal around the edges. The entrance door is very hard to latch But, the worse problem is that dirt and dust are leaking into the storage area in the front. This is mainly due to when I paid to have a 400Watt solar system installed, the tech did not make any effort to seal any of the holes he had to drill from the outside to the inside of the trailer for running the various cables and wiring.
What is even worse, is that due to poor quality control at the Winnebago factory when the camper was built. There is sawdust that was not removed during the construction of the unit. There appears that Winnebago made no effort to make sure there were no leaks around the ductwork, the oven and the plumbing in the bathroom. Did I think Winnebago provided quality campers or was that an error on my part?
crg502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 03:45 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Sawdust everywhere

We've found sawdust and other construction debris behind almost every closed area in our Minnie. This shows a lack of detail and care in construction, that gives me pause.
orangeminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 05:01 PM   #3
Site Team

Hi, sorry you have problems with your TT.

The issues you point out are neither unusual or difficult to solve. And, issues such as this are not in any way limited to Winnebago. It's just typical RV hassles.

Not making light of your disappointment. You can take your TT to the dealer you bought it from and have them correct these things. But unfortunately, when you do that you'll learn hard lessons about dealers and their committment and ability to take care of problems in a timely fashion.

The best advice any new RV owner can adopt is... "Don't sweat the small stuff." And, fix as much as you can all on your own.

Should it be this way? No. There's no excuse. You can get mad, yell scream and stomp your feet. But it is the reality of RV construction. Those of us that have been at this for 20+ years and owned multiple RVs have learned to, you guessed it, not sweat the small stuff.
Old 02-24-2020, 05:20 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Don't sweat small stuff

I agree. Each "discovery" took 30 seconds to vacuum. It's not important, in itself. Overall, Their TT's seem better, perhaps much better, than average.
orangeminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 05:26 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by crg502 View Post
<clip> The entrance door is very hard to latch <clip>
What is even worse, is that due to poor quality control at the Winnebago factory when the camper was built. There is sawdust that was not removed during the construction of the unit. There appears that Winnebago made no effort to make sure there were no leaks around the ductwork, the oven and the plumbing in the bathroom. Did I think Winnebago provided quality campers or was that an error on my part?
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeminnie View Post
We've found sawdust and other construction debris behind almost every closed area in our Minnie. This shows a lack of detail and care in construction, that gives me pause.
We had issues with our access doors being difficult to close and latch; our dealer took care of this minor adjustment and they work beautifully now.

As far as sawdust, the amount I have found in my current trailer is substantially less than was discovered in my previous one. Would it be nice to have it vacuumed up during construction? Yes - but you'd be surprised to find what's hiding behind the sheetrock in your S&B house too!

One think I noted about our Winnie is the attention someone paid to fit and finish. The seam areas that are caulked (either with clear or white, to best match) is amazing to me - this is something that I look for/at when in other brand TTs now and note is generally missing. Sliding drawers and cupboard doors all latch securely - again something that was not quite up-to-par in my former TT.

Is the Winnebago unit perfect? Far from it. I have a concern with the black and gray tank valve manipulators sticking, something that the dealer seems to be able to remedy temporarily but not permanently. But for the money I am more than impressed with what we bought compared to other brands I've seen.

Best wishes in getting these issues remedied.
Old 02-25-2020, 08:01 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitPond View Post
We had issues with our access doors being difficult to close and latch; our dealer took care of this minor adjustment and they work beautifully now.

As far as sawdust, the amount I have found in my current trailer is substantially less than was discovered in my previous one. Would it be nice to have it vacuumed up during construction? Yes - but you'd be surprised to find what's hiding behind the sheetrock in your S&B house too!
I was going to make the exact same comment about sawdust. I would add when winterizing the trailer I don't remember seeing an unusual amount of sawdust, but I was probably comparing it to what I see in houses.

As to the latch, I just applied a small amount of lithium grease myself and it fixed the problem with the main door latch.
Goodspike is offline   Reply With Quote