Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-29-2020, 09:20 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

2019 2106DS (and similar) Slide Out Concerns

I decided to research how to manually retract my slide so that I wouldn't have to do that at a campsite. I'm not really pleased with the answer, which involves disengaging two motors, pushing the slide in and then somehow locking it in place (anyone bring the proper length 2x4 with them camping?). I had assumed some sort of manual crank system.

I haven't noticed a lot of posts about the slides, so from that can I assume they are fairly reliable?

One thing I did notice that is counterintuitive is you are supposed to run the motors past the full in and full out to allow the motors to synchronize.

This page does have a lot of useful information, but the Winnebago slide out manual has a rather confusing diagram on how to disengage the motor for manual operation. It makes it unclear if the procedure is the same as in the videos that exist for the main model. https://support.lci1.com/in-wall-slide-out

So, has anyone had slide problems, and if so were there any issues disengaging the motors?
Old 09-17-2020, 10:54 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I’ve looked at this as well. It seems the Winnebago owners manual conflicts a bit with the Lippert recommendations for operation of the slide. It does seem we should have a board or equivalent available if we have to travel with the motors disengaged.

Just be glad your slide is small and at ground level. My previous fifth-wheel had a slide up in the bedroom. I always wondered how I was going to push that thing shut if it failed.
Old 09-17-2020, 10:56 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

My concern is there's not way to get at the motor from the inside with the slide out. That's where you would release the motor to push the slide in. It's something I need to follow up on.

Edit: I found this specific to Lippert/Winnebago slides. Page 6 seems to deal with it, but I'll need to check it against my unit next time I have the slide out. The diagram isn't great.

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd_0001773.pdf
Old 09-17-2020, 11:07 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Check out the videos from LCI on YouTube. You pull down the bulb seal on the outside about a foot or so and can get access to the release screw. Pull that screw out and then you can lift up on the motor to disengage it. It looks like LCI added a “slot” a couple of years ago to the frame to allow owners/techs to remove the motors and replace them easily with the slide out.
Old 09-17-2020, 11:44 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Check out the Facebook Micro Mini site. There is always lots of slide out discussion. So much so that it made me glad I went on a unit without a slide.
GaryS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 12:00 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryS View Post
Check out the Facebook Micro Mini site. There is always lots of slide out discussion. So much so that it made me glad I went on a unit without a slide.
Thanks. I'll have to access the wife's FB account, but I can do that.

I haven't really seen much discussion of slide outs here, which surprises me. My original criteria was to exclude a slide, but I gave in, but at least it's a small slide--only the depth of a couch.
Old 09-17-2020, 12:22 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodspike View Post
Thanks. I'll have to access the wife's FB account, but I can do that.

I haven't really seen much discussion of slide outs here, which surprises me. My original criteria was to exclude a slide, but I gave in, but at least it's a small slide--only the depth of a couch.
I’ll have to use my wife’s Facebook account too. I much prefer old-school public forums like this.
backtrack15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 12:25 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtrack15 View Post
I much prefer old-school public forums like this.
Me too. I killed my Facebook account over a year ago but the Facebook Micro Mini site has a TON of users and much discussion.
GaryS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out