Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-28-2021, 08:07 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2016 Micro Minnie 2106DS - Areas of Concern

Good morning.

I am new to this forum, but have been reviewing posts for a while now. We are looking at purchasing a 2016 Micro Minnie 2106DS, and I wanted to find out if there are any specific areas of concern I should be aware of regarding this floor plan and/or model year. I plan to inspect for normal issues that may exist for any used RV, but wondered if the members of this forum have additional feedback that I should consider. Also, for those who have owned an older Micro Minnie, how well do they hold up over time? Thanks in advance for everyone's help.
BMWRDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 08:41 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Fred2106 DS has your model and knows all. He has helped me a lot. You may want to send him a pm.

Buying used TT, many things to be checked and decided on are not unique to any make or model. You should consider requiring an inspection before making final purchase agreement and pay for a certified rv service pro to go with you. Unless you know how to test all systems, appliances and components, as well as chassis, it’s more than worth it. Although I consider myself on the advanced side of the DIY spectrum, I wouldn’t think about buying a used rv without an expert on hand.
Old 12-28-2021, 09:02 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you.
BMWRDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 04:39 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Things to check

Be SURE to check the wheel bearings for grease. My 2106FBS when new had barely enough to get it out the door. For the 4 wheels I used one and one half tubes. Don’t use high pressure grease gun just the old fashioned hand pump. Look at the under carriage to see if there is any damage especially around the sewer drain pipe as these Micro Minnie’s are pretty low to the ground unless it’s been raised to its highest level. Also check for leaks from possible roof issues. Inspect the roof seams to see any sealant cracks. Easy repair to put new sealant on if cracked around pipes, A/C, vents, skylight. Hope you love yours as much as we love ours. 😎
johnevans3 is offline   Reply With Quote