Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2018, 03:08 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

190 RD Thoughts?

New to trailers. Thinking of a 2018 Minnie Drop 190 RD, to be towed with Ford F-150 with full tow package. Will primarily be traveling with just me, my dog and 2 guitars. In the Rocky Mountains - my home turf.

Looks like a rig that would fit the bill. Any thoughts/observations on this new model?
duluthdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 04:56 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

This is the 190 RD https://winnebagoind.com/products/tr...rop/floorplans
duluthdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 08:37 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Can't speak to your model year question. The weights look to close to what our old Palomini was. I towed it with a 2015 F-150 with the 2.7L Ecoboost and tow pkg. It was like it wasn't even back there both on our trips here up into the Appalachians (6% grades) and the northern Rockies (Yellowstone and surrounding area). It should tow well behind your truck.
old_engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 07:48 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Hi! I am also looking at the 2018 190RD also - to replace my 2017 Starcraft Satellite 18KS. These are identical floorplans with one major exception - the 190RD has a full bath while the 18KS has a wet bath - which is precisely why I am looking at changing! I am more than happy to trade a narrower approach to the bed for a larger bathroom area. There are also other awesome features on the 190RD that I don't have such as pass-through front storage and shelving over the bed and sofa. I did notice that the outlet in the kitchen on the 190RD is sort of awkwardly placed - ours has it on the same side of the fridge/the larger area which is handy to plug in the Keurig but definitely not a deal-breaker.

Our current rig is our 3rd downsize as our kids have grown and we don't take 10-15 folks with us camping any more. I think the size of this Mini is perfect for your camping lifestyle and your tow vehicle is more than capable. We tow with a 2014 Eddie Bauer Expedition 5.4 V8 and we have an Equalizer WDH system that we have moved from rig to rig as we've purchased new ones. Our Satellite is so small the salesman said we did not need sway control but I disagree and think it's always better to have sway control and have found it to be good to have with our little Starcraft. I will move it to our Winnie Drop if that's the way we go. Signed on to this forum to get a feel from owners and also am researching the warranty information. I have always had Jayco products because of their 2 year warranty so I am a little nervous stepping away. But the Hummingbird does not have the floorplan I want...

Happy RV Hunting! I will be following along, too!
HappyCamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 03:03 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Greetings everyone, we are downsizing from a 32' KZ to the 190RD since are youngest has joined his brother in Cullowhee. Mrs. Ghia & I still have 2 standard poodles. We considered the 1808FBS but got a good deal on the 190RD. I have a few questions about upgrades...
1. Does anyone use a slide topper. I'm considering the 7' black Solera (to match the awning)
2. Has anyone installed an EMS? I'm considering the Progressive with the display.
3. Has anyone installed vent covers? I'm considering a white Maxxair.
4. How much sewer hose do you use? I'm getting the 15' RhonoFLEX kit.
5. Where do you store the sewer hose? I'm getting the 64" Valterra holder, but now I realize the frame is 63", so I will mount it diagonally.
6. I have a Reese Straight Line with dual cam sway control and 800 lb trunnion bar. I'm towing with a Suburban 1500. Would you try to get "weaker" trunnion bars?
7. Does anyone use the Anderson leveling system?
GhiaX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 06:18 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhiaX2 View Post
Greetings everyone, we are downsizing from a 32' KZ to the 190RD since are youngest has joined his brother in Cullowhee. Mrs. Ghia & I still have 2 standard poodles. We considered the 1808FBS but got a good deal on the 190RD. I have a few questions about upgrades...
1. Does anyone use a slide topper. I'm considering the 7' black Solera (to match the awning)
I installed a topper on our 2106FBS. Contact Winnebago towables customer service. They should be able to tell you if your model will support one or send you the drawings so you know where the aluminum tubing you would use to mount one is installed.

Quote:
2. Has anyone installed an EMS? I'm considering the Progressive with the display.
Can't answer I use an external one.

Quote:
3. Has anyone installed vent covers? I'm considering a white Maxxair.
Haven't done this.

Quote:
4. How much sewer hose do you use? I'm getting the 15' RhonoFLEX kit.
I carry two and sometimes three 10 ft hoses. With the exception of one or two campgrounds I have have never needed more than 20 ft to reach a sewer. Even where I've needed the additional 10 ft it was because I wanted the trailer as close to the back of the site as I could get it with utilities at the entrance to the site. [/QUOTE]

Quote:
5. Where do you store the sewer hose? I'm getting the 64" Valterra holder, but now I realize the frame is 63", so I will mount it diagonally.
I currently put mine in the bumper but plan to mount a holder under the frame when I get the time.

Quote:
6. I have a Reese Straight Line with dual cam sway control and 800 lb trunnion bar. I'm towing with a Suburban 1500. Would you try to get "weaker" trunnion bars?
I think that would depend upon your tongue weight. I would contact Reese for their opinion. I use an Equal-i-zer and while the 400 lb bars would have worked the weight while within spec was close enough they suggested using 600 lbs.
Quote:

7. Does anyone use the Anderson leveling system?
Yes and I like it much better than the board system we used on our old trailer. It takes a few uses to get the hang of using them but they are well worth the cost IMO. The only potential drawback to the levelers is they might not be enough on a site really out of level. Anderson also makes what they call the Rapid Jack that looks like a leveler with a couple of more inches added to it. It doesn't include a chock so you would have to buy that as well.
Old 11-13-2018, 05:57 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_engineer View Post
I think that would depend upon your tongue weight. I would contact Reese for their opinion. I use an Equal-i-zer and while the 400 lb bars would have worked the weight while within spec was close enough they suggested using 600 lbs.

I somehow deleted the qualifier. This was with our old trailer. With our 2106FBS I use a 1K/10K Equal-i-zer.
Old 11-25-2018, 03:35 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

So I was able to complete a few mods.
1. Installed the EMS. Only issue is Progressive says "black to L1" but mine had black to L2. I went ahead & connected black to black. Everything appears to working properly.
2. Installed sewer hose holder. It wouldn't fit diagonally so I trimmed it down & re glued the end. Works great now.
3. Installed white Maxxair cover over vent. Super easy, but does restrict the opening height a couple inches. Still opens plenty wide enough.
4. Installed the WoBLR. We'll see how it does.

I have the 7' black awning topper but I'm waiting for a day around 70 F to install it because of the butyl tape.
I haven't installed the Reese dual cam sway control WDS yet. I will prior to taking it anywhere.
I purchased the Andersen 3600 leveling kit. I haven't used it yet.

What other mods have y'all made?
GhiaX2 is offline   Reply With Quote