Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-26-2020, 10:51 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

1700BH water leak under floor

Hi-

We have a 2018 micro Minnie 1700BH and have developed a slow water leak of some kind. The leak appears to come around the holding tank drain valve and I noticed it as I was getting ready for winterizing. The holding tank is completely empty, and the leak only appears when connected to city water. After a quick inspection and removal of the expanding foam sealant it appears the water is coming from some source behind the corrugated belly cover, and just dripping around the holding tank drain.

I’ve checked everything I can from the interior. On the passenger/right side, I’ve checked where I can reach under the sink; around under the water pump, and under the fridge and there is no apparent moisture. It must be below the floor.

The corrugated plastic belly cover/seal is held in place at least in part by some aluminum rails with screws into the bottom of the chassis. I took the foreword rail off and wasn’t able to see/reach far enough back to find any plumbing - just see the bottom of the tank.

It appears that the sides of the belly cover are sandwiched in place at the edges with a part of the chassis assembly. I can’t figure out how to loosen or remove (other than maybe cutting?) and I’m wary of wading deep into the innards and not being able to reseal.

Has anyone pulled this cover off and replaced it successfully? Any tips? Do I want to take this to a shop?

JA
andersoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 09:38 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I have a new 1700BH and had a water leak from near the drain valve, turns out it was the suction port which is near and just above the drain valve. Im under warranty so took it to dealer. But, with your tank being empty and still leaking doesn't sound like that would be it. I am no expert which is why at this point I might lean toward the dealer if you have one nearby, or maybe just a local handyman/contractor to help you out? I feel your pain and wish you luck
Dnalyr91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 06:06 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Is it possible that you’re slowly filling the fresh tank with water (backflow through pump) and getting leakage out of a fitting on the top of the fresh tank?

You could test this by draining the fresh tank completely and then leaving the drain valve open while attached to city water. If you get a steady dribble of water out of the fresh tank drain valve while hooked to city water, that would suggest water is getting past your pump and into the tank. There is a manual valve in the line from the fresh tank to the pump that you can close to prevent water from entering your tank this way while on city water.
Old 12-15-2020, 04:05 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

When I read this originally, I thought you were talking about leakage near the grey/black drains. Now I see you were talking about the fresh tank drain. It seems odd to me that this would only occur when on city water (even with the tank empty).

So just to clarify: if the fresh tank has water in it and you use the pump, no leakage is observed and the pump doesn't run unless you are using the water? But if attached to city water, leakage is observed even with the fresh tank empty?

As to your coroplast question, I too would like to hear from anyone who has opened up the coroplast. I was poking around with an endoscope and discovered the front-curbside corner of my fresh water tank is sitting on top of a short L-bracket that was intended to keep it from sliding toward the curbside. I likely have to drop the coroplast to fix this. Unfortunately the sides of the coroplast are tucked into the C-channel frame members and "fastened/sealed" there by expanding foam from the top. I can't see how to reseal it well after the repair from below. It may be best to just cut a three-sided rectangular access hole/flap in the coroplast (uncut side toward the front of the trailer) and then tape it shut afterward.

Tags
leak, underbelly, water, water leak