Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-15-2011, 03:09 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

12 volt pin on 2007 Itasca 7 pin trailer plug

There is a pin marked positive + on the 7 pin trailer connector on my 2007 Itasca. Is this pin used for a 12 volt hot source? I need to get 12 volts back to a trailer I am going to tow. I checked to see if there is any voltage to the pin with the motor running, the motor off and the coach batteries on, but still no voltage. Any help will be appreciated.

Barry Yedlin
byedlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 03:35 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

There is indeed a 12 volt BATTERY pin on the connector, however it may be "HOT" only when the towing vehicle is running... While I forget which pin it is, I do know it is next door to the "Tail Light" pin. And that it is not always connected.

Try connecting, via a fuse the + pin to the two pins on either side, if lights come on it's 12 volt battery hot. The pins (Tail Lights and Battery) are opposite the the keyway, Right Turn is on the other side of Battery.. So you can connect battery to either one and confirm.

7 Pin Connector

May be of help
Old 12-15-2011, 03:55 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Perhaps this will help. www.drawtite.com/6and7waywidi.html
Our Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 04:14 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I had the same problem with my 2007 Adventure. I found the 12V wire was not connected but was wrapped up within the cable feeding the rear plug. It was located taped up and folded back about 4-6 feet from the hitch up underneath the chassis. I had to connect it to the plug to get 12V power to the tow car.

Good luck.

Gary
Gary D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 04:26 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

In my 06 Journey, the 12 volt pin is only hot when the ignition is in the on position. If the ignition is on and still no power, check the fuse. In the Journey it is located behind a plastic cover in the box where the power cord is located along with several other chassis fuses.
MDPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 07:09 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Here is the Winnebago document regarding the 7 pin trailer plug on 2006 and later units: http://www.winnebagoind.com/resource...0Connector.pdf

Would need to know the specific model ID of your coach to point you to the wiring diagrams.

Dave
Classic Winnebago Site: https://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php
Dave78Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:18 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

I've had many issues with lights on my toads. I have a 2007 Winnebago Journey, can anyone tell me which fuse it is in the fuse box located behind the power cord. At my wits end with these lights...sounds like I may not be the only one.

ALH
Okiemalibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 11:38 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave78Chief View Post
Here is the Winnebago document regarding the 7 pin trailer plug on 2006 and later units: http://www.winnebagoind.com/resource...0Connector.pdf

Would need to know the specific model ID of your coach to point you to the wiring diagrams.

Dave
This document shows 2006 and later models, where could I find 2004 information? I went to the Winnebago Wiring Diagrams but it just shows where the trailer plug is at the back of a coach, not where all the wires come from. The left hand turn signal and left brake light comes off the same pin but the brake light works while the left turn signal doesn't on the toad. Trying to trace the problem.

Wagonmaster2
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:18 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Wagonmaster,
Based on note 3 (bottom left) on pdf page 3 of http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/...ire_144812.pdf, trailer connector wiring is part of the Frieghtliner System 3 chassis wiring system (Workhorse chassis was not an option for the 36G). You will have to get that wiring information from Freightliner. The only other information I saw was the trailer connector pinout on page 6-1 of the operators manual which does not help you locate the source of the signals.

Try reposting your question in the Freightliner forum below (Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum - iRV2 Forums). Be sure to include all of you Chassis data if you do. Somone there might be able to assist you. Ensure you mention the trailer connector connects to the Freightliner system 3 chassis wiring. Using the search feature of IRV2 in that section may also provide you with your answer.

Dave
Classic Winnebago Site: https://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php
Dave78Chief is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
itasca