Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2019, 02:11 AM   #1
KMG
Winnebago Camper

Hello from a Winnebago Newbie

Hello, I just ordered a 2020 Micro Minnie 2405RL 5th wheel trailer and will take delivery next week. I'll tow it with a 2018 Toyota Tundra. We (my wife and I) live in Missouri but are relocating to Washington State to be near our two sons. We plan on putting our household items into storage and use the trailer to travel in Washington to find our new home town.
All input is welcomed. Thanks, Kevin
KMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 06:21 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Just popping to say from one newbie to another - welcome! Lots of helpful folks around here. Lots of great reads of past posts on questions as well. Enjoy the adventure!
bdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 08:52 PM   #3
KMG
Winnebago Camper

We're picking up our new 2405RL Friday and I was looking for a pre-trip check list for suppling a new unit. Any must haves or don't needs? I'm looking for suggestions for non food or clothing items?
My list so far:
Sewer hose, water hose, wheel chocks, propane, fresh water, charged batteries, kitchen supplies, bedding, bathroom items, grill, bag chairs, bug spray, holding tank deodorant, hand tools, and fifth wheel jack foot pads.
That's all I can think of for now. Thanks for the assistance, Kevin
Old 02-20-2019, 10:27 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

By no means a complete list, this is what we had on our "to-get" list when we picked up our new RV last year:
Clear sewer 45 degree connection, Rhino sewer hose & connections, Alligator support for sewer pipe, 20', Black tank flush water hose, (expandable type), Adaptor for dump hose with diff size connectors for dump station, Different color sealable storage tote for sewer components, Latex gloves for sewer connections & separate clean small towels, RV toilet paper, Brass “Y” fresh water feed splitter with on-off valves, RV Potable white water hose, Fresh water pressure regulator, Electric Surge Protector (30 Amp), 30 Amp Electric Extension cord, Leveling Pads, Wheel chocks, Wheel Covers, Small 9'x12' outdoor RV carpet, Outdoor Weber LP gas grill, Misc Tools.

As we used the unit over the past year we added a few others items but this list got us home without incident.

One thing to bear in mind, avoid the temptation to buy all the stuff you think you may one day need or enjoy. Weight is an issue and I'd hate to be carrying around non-essential stuff for years because I may one day need it.
Old 02-20-2019, 11:42 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadCrafters View Post
One thing to bear in mind, avoid the temptation to buy all the stuff you think you may one day need or enjoy. Weight is an issue and I'd hate to be carrying around non-essential stuff for years because I may one day need it.
Good advice, it's easy to fall into an over-buying trap. When we sold our last TT, I was amazed at all the stuff I unloaded that I never used. Better to buy something when you find you need it rather than in case you need it.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 08:30 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you all for the good info. Also a new Minnie owner. Just purchased a 2020 Micro 2108FBS and my wife and I are super excited.
1daxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 09:35 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

We found in line water filters to be nice. Roadcrafters suggestions are great. We keep a box of latex gloves in the compartment with the sewer hose. It makes things so much easier. I would add a can of WD40. The 45 degree connector was one of the better things that we added.
lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 08:57 PM   #8
KMG
Winnebago Camper

I installed Firestone's Ride-Rite air bags today. Hopefully the air bags and my E rated KO2s will beef up the Tundra's rear enough. If not, I may install a TRD rear sway bar.
Old 03-05-2019, 08:41 AM   #9
KMG
Winnebago Camper

The air bags work well at leveling the truck and carrying the extra weight to allow my suspension to absorb road bumps. When I installed my air bags, I ran separate air lines to each bag and didn't tee the lines together. This prevents the air from transferring from one bag to the other while cornering. This set up is firm enough that a sway bar isn't needed. Trailer tows great. No waging or porpoising. We couldn't be happier with our truck and trailer combination. Our first day was an easy 600 miles to Martin Dies Texas State Park. Great little park! Now I'm in Houston, Tx for 2 days of medical treatments then off to Galveston Island for 4 days of recuperation. Next we're traveling eastward along the gulf coast.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2290.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	578.9 KB
ID:	171228  
Old 03-16-2019, 07:46 AM   #10
KMG
Winnebago Camper

Thank you to the Winnebago forum members who took the time to reply. I've found a RV forum with active members so I won't be posting here any more.
Old 03-16-2019, 08:05 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMG View Post
Thank you to the Winnebago forum members who took the time to reply. I've found a RV forum with active members so I won't be posting here any more.
I find the members on this forum helpful and responsive. Maybe try asking a specific question. I enjoyed reading your post but saw no need to reply. I personally would be interested in hearing about you travels in the Houston area as we plan to tow our trailer there this spring. If you are asking for specific technical advice about airbags or payload I'm confident a question would get a response.
Donstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 07:10 AM   #12
KMG
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donstar View Post
I find the members on this forum helpful and responsive. Maybe try asking a specific question. I enjoyed reading your post but saw no need to reply. I personally would be interested in hearing about you travels in the Houston area as we plan to tow our trailer there this spring. If you are asking for specific technical advice about airbags or payload I'm confident a question would get a response.
Donstar, I asked a propane question in a grill thread two days ago then again yesterday without a single response. Please tell me how I contact the helpful and responsive members you mention. Thanks.
Old 03-23-2019, 09:00 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMG View Post
Donstar, I asked a propane question in a grill thread two days ago then again yesterday without a single response. Please tell me how I contact the helpful and responsive members you mention. Thanks.
I usually start a fresh topic so it hits recent discussions. I had to intentionally search for your propane question and I found it after opening four other threads about propane.
Donstar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newbie, winnebago