Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > 5th Wheel Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-22-2021, 07:16 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Added another storage access door

We sold our 40' Prime Time Crusader and got a 2019 Minnie Plus 27RLTS. We're getting ready for a longer GA -> CO/UT/AZ NPS trip, (that is, if we can get the electric working - see post from yesterday).

There's definitely less room in this RV compared to the previous one. Who woulda thunk when you chop 10' off.

To that end, I've been trying to grab all the room I can find. Our previous RV had a fireplace so of course that was a requirement for SWMBO. There's a big cabinet under the tv so adding it there after removing the doors was relatively easy. But that left a lot of space unused behind it. I found a 27" x 16" surplus door online and added it to the outside. That's where all my emergency tire-changing equipment now resides. One mistake was getting two cam locks that are not keyed alike and you can't take the key out in the unlocked position. Didn't think of that when I ordered it. Oh well.

Then there's the wine rack the other one had that this one didn't. Easier to add one then hear whining. Kinda found another small unused space that protrudes into an unusable part of the basement. It's on the wall that's at right angles to the right of the fridge. There are three little panels at floor level. I cut out the middle one and extended the rack a little to behind the right panel. A pic would be better but you kinda get the idea.

Wanted to add some lights in the storage areas but with the electric problem, not sure I can get to that before we leave Sunday.

Anyway, glad to be a new member of this group.

Nancy & Phil
Phil Sikora is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, storage