Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2020, 10:15 AM   #1
2020 Minnie 5W

2020 Minnie 2405RG Power Disconnect?

We just bought a 2020 Mini 5W from the dealer. It came with a manual (copyright 2014!) with no mention of a "battery on/off disconnect" knob in the manual - yet I can see the knob right in front of me. Would love some guidance on when/how to use that knob. Very disappointed in the manual which only has 2 pages of unhelpful tech lingo to describe the electrical ops.
Danne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 11:24 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danne View Post
Very disappointed in the manual which only has 2 pages of unhelpful tech lingo to describe the electrical ops.
Welcome Danne, Then you don't have the Operator's Manual. It's also available online, but your dealer should get you an official copy (it's required by law I believe). If they don't ASAP contact Winniebago and complain. That's very bad form.

Until you can get one, here's a link to the PDF online:
https://winnebagoind.com/resources/m...OWABLES_US.pdf

Now, it's a manual for all 2020 Towables. So, it will still be a bit generalized. But it's 64 pages long.

The problem is not with WBGO... it's your dealer being 100% ROTTEN. Let them know how unhappy you are with them and they'd better make it right ASAP.

And, to answer your question, you use your Power Disconnect Rotary Switch to turn off everything when you put your RV in storage. That's really the only time you'll use it.

As an FYI, for decades that switch has been known in RV Lingo as the "Salesman's Switch". Because on an RV lot the Salesman turns them on and off when showing RVs. You are bound to hear it called that as it's extremely common.

PS. You posted your question in an existing thread about Winniebago View Class C electronics. I've moved it to the Fifthwheel forum and given it's own thread. You should always start a new thread when you have a new question. Yes, your question was about "Power" and that other thread was also about "Power" but that doesn't mean you should post your question there. It will only get lost. It just takes a while to get used to everything... here and on your 5er.
Old 07-06-2020, 12:30 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I too have a 2020 2405rg. I did get the owners manual that was referenced above but it is so generic that it is almost worthless. When I look at the Winnebago web page there are very detailed owners manuals for all of there motorIzed units but absolutely no detail for the trailers. I have questions about several things in my trailer, like can I mount a tv in the bedroom? There is power and a coax connector but no indication of where there is a hard point or even if there is one There is a label on the outside of the trailer of where to mount one even though I hate outdoor TVs. Just very disappointed in the lack of documentation from Winnebago.
mlien477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 09:05 AM   #4
2020 Minnie 5W

Thank you CP for the link and helpful reply, but I have to disagree. We love our dealer and provided the same manual that you attached.

I agree with mlien that the problem is the manual. 64 pages but no mention to the power disconnect switch? Seems pretty important to me.
Also not a single reference to "solar"? Solar is important to us and our rig is solar ready, but I have no idea how to do it. We feel like second class citizens compared to the documentation provided with their motorhomes.

HAVING SAID ALL THAT.... I called their customer service for tech & mechanical diagrams and they were very helpful. Great service call.
Danne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 10:00 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

There seems to be a growing tendency for companies of all sorts to move more toward wanting their customers to come to them for most things. Winnebago has also cut back on some of the wiring info they used to provide. The auto companies are getting even worse when we deal with the traditional US makers as things like bluetooth settings and such are moving faster than the books can be printed. I've finally just given up on using several of the functions built into my car as it changes more often than I want to try to sort. All I want is for things to work, not something that takes a week to relearn and figure out how to get the new features!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 05:26 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Tv mount

I’m a little late to this thread, however, did you get information about mounting a tv in the bedroom? I had to call Winnebago and they sent me a pdf diagram. I’ll try to attach it here. Hope it works and helps!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F39E0090-9F8B-4349-A381-B99FA224718D.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	174710  
kitsonkt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power