Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > 5th Wheel Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-27-2018, 09:04 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2018 Voyage Lite 25rks

Just bought this unit new in Feb. Have had 3 previous slide in truck campers. On our first trip and it is terrible. I am not sure problem is us, dealer orientation which lasted 5 mins., or a defective unit. Fridge is no longer working,took 6 days to get the hot water heater to work, 4 days into trip had to drain holding tanks which had been seldom used as the unit reeked of sewage. At this point I will be selling this thing when we get home. Is there a good resource on line for Dometic Fridge trouble shooting? I have just spent several hours trying to find answers. Thank you for any suggestions.
lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 10:14 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Hello Lucy and welcome. Sorry you have had such a disappointing experience with your new RV.

What are the symptoms of your Dometic? Is it running on propane or electric? Does the control panel work?
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 05:17 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Does your 5th wheel actually say Voyage Lite on it? I thought Winnebago had abandoned that branding for the Minnie Plus branding. I'm wondering if you were sold an older unit as a 2018. Also, your trailer should have come with a big packet of manuals. You should use those to understand the operation of the appliances.
blueridge-fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 05:57 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I have spent hours reading and rereading the manuals. No where was it mentioned that we had a bypass valve behind a wall in the storage area that had to be turned before the water heater could fill. Our daughter found that info on a blog about trouble shooting. We do have a 2018 Voyage Lite since it was a discontinued unit thus the "great" deal we got on this unit. Had a friend look at it today and he feels we have major fridge problems. Will have to find a Winnebago dealer. Thank you for responding.
Old 05-28-2018, 06:00 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

We have been fighting with it since we started our trip. I have read and reread the manuals. Our daughter hunted all over the internet for info that might help. Today we had a friend look at and he said there is something wrong with our fridge. The fuses were fine, we are level, plugged in and gas is on. It will not run,the lights will not come on and it simply will not work. Thank you for your response.
Old 05-28-2018, 06:34 PM   #6

Sorry to hear of all these issues.
LarryW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 06:18 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Do you hear a tick-tick-tick sound when the frig is set to auto and powered on?
blueridge-fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 09:42 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

The frig will not come on. We have no lights, no noises. Checked all the fuses, made sure there was power to the plug in the back. It is just "dead".
Old 02-24-2019, 07:38 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

You confirmed there is 12V getting to fridge? Dometic has a 2 year warranty so it's possible its still covered.

Not sure your fridge model # but this service manual may be of help:
https://www.fourwh.com/NewDometicRefrigeratorManual.pdf

Most Dometic fridge's have two fuses on their controller boards. One for A/C and one for 12V. There is also thermal fuse. These are usually located in an access panel behind the plastic outside vent panel.
mileshuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 07:13 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

We finally got a new frig. They found burned wiring when they pulled the old one out. It was a mess. Dometic replaced it. We made two trips without a frig. Winnebago was no help. I understand warranty but they should of at least helped us find a place to take it. We found a dealer when we got back home who worked on it.
Old 02-25-2019, 11:30 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy View Post
We finally got a new frig. They found burned wiring when they pulled the old one out. It was a mess. Dometic replaced it. We made two trips without a frig. Winnebago was no help. I understand warranty but they should of at least helped us find a place to take it. We found a dealer when we got back home who worked on it.
I've found the same thing with ALL RV manufactures. They rarely help with any warranty issue outside of what they cover themselves. All appliances, awnings, toilet, frame and most everything except the walls, cabinets and slides are warranted by their respective manufacture. It is a hassle because there is no one stop person to handle issues. Very different than car warranties.
mileshuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
voyage