Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-27-2018, 03:19 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Winterizing 2009 Aspect

The manual for my Apsect calls for a diverter plug for the kitchen cold water filter as I winterize the rig. (Purchased used last year, so first time winterizing this one).

I can find no part numbers in the manuals. Has anyone had to purchase one of these, and if so do you recall where you found it?

I found a similar looking one on Amazon and it "said" it had a Winnebago part number. $42!! for a little plastic plug; but since I have no part number in the manual I am trying to verify that the Amazon one would be the correct part. Also waiting on a response from Winnebago help line.

Thanks!
bwodom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 11:03 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

This is what I found But I didn't search all that much.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/PLUG-BYPASS...frcectupt=true
If you what to make sure it is the right one I would check with a Winnebago dealer. Better yet, give Lichtsinn RV in Forest City , IA a call. They are 1 mile from the factory & only deal with Winnebago products. 1-800-343-6255 You can't buy parts from the factory. You have to go through a dealer. I have bought a lot of parts from them.
Also if you go Winnebago's website click on Resources . There you will find any thing you want to know about wiring , plumbing & etc.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:47 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

The plug is a replacement for the water filter, if you run the RV antifreeze through your water pipes it prevents the filter from filling with antifreeze.
Should you decide to fill the filter with antifreeze I would replace it next year with a new one.

If you run air through your water pipes to remove most of the water you don’t need to worry about the plug. And you don’t need to worry about bypassing the water heater either.

If you know the maker and model number of the water filter you should be able to find a plug that way.
Winnebago bought it from a company, they didn’t make it.
pobstlmo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter