Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-14-2015, 03:22 PM   #1
KC
Winnebago Camper

Winnebago View question

Hello all my wife and are looking at a 2016 View 24G. Looking for any advice?

Second, my brothers new class A (not sure which band other than its not a Winnebago) need to be washed with a lamb wool brush. Any issues like that?

The units has the second TV, Heated drainage system, info system, Powered sky light, and AC with heat pump. Thanks
Old 02-14-2015, 04:25 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Do you have any specific questions? The care and washing is simply a matter of not scratching the paint or graphics. No different than a car. They suggested NOT using a brush on the full body paint.

A lot will depend upon whether you've owned a motorhome before, what size, how many people will be traveling, what and whether you intend to tow a vehicle, etc.

There are some good discussion groups on Yahoo regarding the Sprinter-based Winnebago's and you might check those out. Here's a link to one group: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/.../topics/159391 As a general rule the View/Navion owners are very happy with their units. We are on our second and can't wait for warmer temps to come to Michigan.
Old 02-14-2015, 05:09 PM   #3
KC
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancogan View Post
Do you have any specific questions? The care and washing is simply a matter of not scratching the paint or graphics. No different than a car. They suggested NOT using a brush on the full body paint.

A lot will depend upon whether you've owned a motorhome before, what size, how many people will be traveling, what and whether you intend to tow a vehicle, etc.

There are some good discussion groups on Yahoo regarding the Sprinter-based Winnebago's and you might check those out. Here's a link to one group: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/.../topics/159391 As a general rule the View/Navion owners are very happy with their units. We are on our second and can't wait for warmer temps to come to Michigan.
The unit doesn't have full body paint. We have a class A gas right now on a W22. Just looking for any info that other owners are have.
Old 02-14-2015, 05:32 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Well, I'll add that the View, of course, has a diesel engine, which also requires adding DEF fluid occasionally. (Roughly every 3,000 miles, I think, based upon a 2.5 gallon tank (I think)). The gas mileage will probably be substantially better than your class A, assuming you may have a Ford V10 currently. Most people seem to get around 13-15 mpg. We actually got up to 17 mpg coming home from Iowa, but there were strong winds out of the west.

Make sure you can live with the interior size as well as the more limited storage of the View. If you boondock then consider the smaller size of all of the tanks and whether that will limit what you like to do.

Most people have found the heat pump to be very loud, and I understand some have replaced the unit's 5 or 6 blade fan with a 3 blade fan that's substantially more quiet.

We also got the info system with the built-in Rand McNally GPS, too. That's one option I would probably skip, as I like Garmin GPS better and it's easier to repair/replace a stand-alone GPS.

Good luck with your decision.
Old 02-14-2015, 06:27 PM   #5
KC
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Well, I'll add that the View, of course, has a diesel engine, which also requires adding DEF fluid occasionally. (Roughly every 3,000 miles, I think, based upon a 2.5 gallon tank (I think)). The gas mileage will probably be substantially better than your class A, assuming you may have a Ford V10 currently. Most people seem to get around 13-15 mpg. We actually got up to 17 mpg coming home from Iowa, but there were strong winds out of the west.

Make sure you can live with the interior size as well as the more limited storage of the View. If you boondock then consider the smaller size of all of the tanks and whether that will limit what you like to do.

Most people have found the heat pump to be very loud, and I understand some have replaced the unit's 5 or 6 blade fan with a 3 blade fan that's substantially more quiet.

We also got the info system with the built-in Rand McNally GPS, too. That's one option I would probably skip, as I like Garmin GPS better and it's easier to repair/replace a stand-alone GPS.

Good luck with your decision.
Thank you for the great info!! We were looking at a Roadtrek so this will be bigger in size. The units the dealer has are all RM GPS units but I have a Garmin and we have our Ipads/Iphones. My unit is a workhorse W22 with a GM 8.1. We get 7 to 8. I have seen 10 with a strong tail wind

KC
Old 02-15-2015, 05:50 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

KC - you said you're looking at a 2016 View. Is this currently on the lot? Or did you mean a 2015? I didn't think the '16's were out yet.

One other thing you may notice and appreciate is that the sound level up front while driving is very moderate. It is noticeably more quiet than either of our motorhomes that were power by a V-10.

If you have any more questions just ask away. Good luck with your decision.
Old 02-15-2015, 12:14 PM   #7
KC
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Dan, We saw one at the RV show in Detroit and it was a 16, the dealership is very large (lots of other locations) and one had a 16, that just came in.

KC
Old 02-15-2015, 12:24 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

KC,

If you saw it at the show in Detroit I assume the dealer was General RV. I believe they're the only Winnebago/Itasca dealer in Michigan. We bought our first View from them. I think they recently opened a new location right off I-96 in Wixom, between US-23 and I-275. Bought the second one from Lichtstinn in Forest City, IA.
Old 02-15-2015, 01:29 PM   #9
KC
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
KC,

If you saw it at the show in Detroit I assume the dealer was General RV. I believe they're the only Winnebago/Itasca dealer in Michigan. We bought our first View from them. I think they recently opened a new location right off I-96 in Wixom, between US-23 and I-275. Bought the second one from Lichtstinn in Forest City, IA.
Correct It was General and it was a Wixom, but the new units was from another of there dealers.

I have seen many of Lichtstinn videos!! Why did you switch?
Old 02-15-2015, 01:34 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC View Post
...I have seen many of Lichtstinn videos!! Why did you switch?
I was disappointed in several dealings with General.

Lichtstinn has a very good reputation and they proved it during delivery of our unit. They really encouraged us to stay several nights, make sure everything was working, and to answer any questions we might have. They even provided us with a courtesy car. They have several RV parking spots with electric power. It was definitely worth the drive and we could make sure the break in miles were driven as recommended by MB.
Old 02-15-2015, 02:03 PM   #11
KC
Winnebago Camper

Any thing about General you want to elaborate on?
Old 02-15-2015, 04:22 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC View Post
Any thing about General you want to elaborate on?
Sent you a PM.
Old 02-15-2015, 04:30 PM   #13
KC
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Sent you a PM.
I will wait to get it. Thanks

Tags
winnebago