Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-29-2020, 12:03 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Winnebago View Navion Remis cab shades

On our 2016 View, looking for ideas on how to solve the problem of the missing black pin that attaches the cab's triangle passenger Remis shade to the black frame that holds the shade. From the inside of the cab, it is on the top right. The local dealer says I have to replace the whole right shade system with the grey plastic frame that holds it. I can't order the pin or even that triangle section. Had a different dealer take off the frame and look for pin but not found. Planning to remove grey frame tomorrow and try a pin with a small nut I got at the hardware store. Any suggestions! This is what I don't like about Winnebago. If you have only one crummy Winnebago dealer in your town, everything is difficult.
Hikercarla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 06:40 AM   #2
Site Team

I don't own one yet but lately I've heard or seen of many uses for a 3D printer. Do you know what this pin is supposed to look like? I'd bet if you know someone wiht a printer and a little design skills they could whip one out in a couple hours.
Old 04-29-2020, 07:28 AM   #3
Living The Dream

Good source for Winnebago parts:

https://www.lichtsinn.com/rv-parts

Just give them a call. They’d know if the pin is sold separately.
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 07:51 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Not looked at one , so I have little idea of what is needs but a simple straight pin can often be fashioned from something else, near the shape. How about a trip to the hardware for something close and file to fit? Lots of good solid plastic items are easy to work and last a really long time in some uses.
Rural folks are masters at making a part rather than taking the whole day to go to town where they may not find it anyway!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 10:31 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Taking off the screen, I could see the one like it on the other side. So what type of shop would I go to get one made? Thanks for your help.
Hikercarla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 04:03 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Maybe someone with a 3D printer? When I took mine off (drivers side) for the same thing it wasn’t a missing pin. On the top black plastic piece there are small nubs on either side. They had come out of the corresponding holes on the other piece that holds them in place. Reinserting them fixed it. If one of the little nubs has broken off perhaps you could drill out the other and use small screw and two nuts to lock it? Not sure how much room is there
Markap6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago