Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2010, 05:49 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Winnebago View

I found this really cool stainless steel tile which has a sticky back to mount it. How would I get the existing wall paper behind the stove ready to accept this tile. It will not stick now. Should I sand to prepare. Not sure how to get the sticky back tiles to work. These are expensive tiles not cheap ones.
thanks for any help!
72ndbeachgir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:39 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Suggestion - your question has almost nothing to do with a Winnebago View. It's about installing a type of tile on an existing wallpaper surface. You might try asking the question in another section of the board with a description like "installing tile on existing wallpaper". I think you'll have better luck getting an answer.
kjburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 04:16 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

07 vs 08 View and Navion

I don't know where else to post this, so my apologies if this is posted in the wrong place.

I will be purchasing an '06 to '08 View or Navion, both made by Winnebago. The '05 and '06 models have a 5 cylinder diesel, whereas the '08 has a six. Some people I have talked to claim that the 5 cylinder gets better gas mileage than the six without much of a gas mileage penalty.
Anybody have an opinion? Or other distinctions between the '06/'07 vs the '08s that I should be concerned with?

Thanks,

Pete
pswilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 06:33 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

pete ...

you will get better responses if you start a new thread
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:33 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

You'll want to reword the question. The phrase "5 cylinder gets better gas mileage than the six without much of a gas mileage penalty" doesn't make sense.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:12 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Yes, it should say a power penalty. I will reword the question. However, how does one start a "new" thread on this blog?

Thanks!
pswilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:17 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Go back to Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum - iRV2 Forums and look for the "new thread" button.