Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-03-2021, 10:52 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Consider buying a TP-Link/Kasa smart plug or a Kill-A-Watt monitor to measure your load in real time. With the smart plug you can view the power usage on your smart phone.
NormD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 04:57 PM   #22
Winnebago Watcher

I have no trouble running the AC on 15 amps. I think I've had the fridge turned on too. (Technically, I think its a 20 amp service, since it's my garage, and designed for using slightly more power-hungry tools.)

That's all I'm going to be running on 15 amps though. If I need to do anything else, I'll turn the AC off. 15 amps is your normal household outlet - so think of how many things you've tried to run from a single extension cord. The basic rule of thumb is only run one thing at a time. Don't microwave your eggs while you use the hair dryer to dry your hair.
Mark_In_MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 12:36 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Wouldn’t the easy way to do this be to turn on the Xantrex control panel put it in grid mode displaying amps and see what the load is with individual and combinations of AC. appliances. I think the problem with a blanket statement is that WB is constantly changing appliance components even within a model year
37NG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 01:18 PM   #24
Winnebago Master

Things vary too much to get a really good answer on what can/can't be run. One big factor is the age of different things like the frig or AC as newer do use less energy, sometimes lots less.
In the recent storm, we used the RV genset for power and plugged cords into a single GFCI 15 amp plug to go to the house and got away with running the furnace and it do the normal cycle on/off as well as the frig and a small deepfreeze and a couple lights. But all of those are less then five years old and meant to use less energy.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 04:17 PM   #25
Winnie-Wise

And we all know that one can always rely on the propane and electrical suppliers in Texas to never fail and leave customers to freeze to death, especially during the winter months.
Elkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 12:30 PM   #26
Winnebago Camper

Ac on 15 amp service

I have a 2021 MW 26T and I was able to run my AC on 15 AMP service. I have a Coleman-Mach 15,000 BTU AC unit. Before starting the unit I was pulling 2 amps and after starting it was 13 amps. It was sunny and 80 degrees out.
Subsailor653 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 11:11 AM   #27
Winnebago Master

One time when putting our 2021 View 24D into storage, after connecting to 15A shore power, as I was leaving, I heard the A/C start up and run. Without anything else running, there evidently was enough power available to start the Coleman A/C.

However, the storage place has signs posted warning that the 15A circuits are to be used only for maintaining battery charge - so I now make sure I have the thermostat set to off to ensure the breaker isn't thrown while the RV is in storage (which would prevent charging, since it's inside an enclosed shed.
rprochnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 07:10 AM   #28
Winnebago Owner

I too have run my AC on a 15 amp breaker. But then I turned on the Fridge; set to Automatic. The fridge on electric, as it was available, pushed it past 15 amps. I then plugged it into a 20 amp breaker outlet. It gave me what I needed to run both.
Rick 99037 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service