Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2019, 11:00 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Water pump questions

Hey all, 2016 View J. I've got a few water pump questions.

The pump switches (control panel, shower, and wet locker) do not seem to turn off the water pump.

If there is water in the tank, the pump will operate on demand even with the switch set to "off." When the switch is turned to the on position, the pump all operates on demand but sounds like it's operating with more force.

When the tank is empty, the pump will run continuously until the fuse is pulled regardless of the on / off setting on the control panel.

Is this normal, and thoughts on what might be configured incorrectly if not?

Thanks

EC
ElCampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 11:10 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Each of our 3 switches turns the pump On and Off as required. It sounds like you may have a bad pump switch controller?;

https://www.amazon.com/Intellitec-00.../dp/B00A2TBL7A
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 11:22 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Are you the original owner, and is it the original pump? If it was replaced, it might have been wired incorrectly. Do the little green lights stay on when the switches are turned off? How about the panel indicator? Does it show "off"?
Winterbagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 12:02 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbagoal View Post
Are you the original owner, and is it the original pump? If it was replaced, it might have been wired incorrectly. Do the little green lights stay on when the switches are turned off? How about the panel indicator? Does it show "off"?
These are good questions. I am not the original owner, but in discussion with the previous owner, nothing was replaced or altered (he really didn't use the RV very much). Yes, the little green lights stay on when the switches are turned off. The panel indicator seems to communicate with the switches and will cycle between on/off indications when, for example, the pump switch in the shower is pressed. Again, even when the pump indication on the panel shows "off", the pump will still operate any time low pressure is sensed, and cannot be shut off when out of water except for pulling the fuse.

Thanks again,

EC
Old 03-21-2019, 12:04 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnieView View Post
Each of our 3 switches turns the pump On and Off as required. It sounds like you may have a bad pump switch controller?;

https://www.amazon.com/Intellitec-00.../dp/B00A2TBL7A
Thanks, I'll do a little looking into this part. I posted a reply to another responder - does this add up with the additional information?

Thanks,

EC
Old 03-21-2019, 12:27 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCampo View Post
Thanks, I'll do a little looking into this part. I posted a reply to another responder - does this add up with the additional information?

Thanks,

EC
We are not 100% certain WBGO used a pump switch controller. We have not run across one in our View. Perhaps it's all controlled through the One Place. Time to do some more reading as ours is in storage and we have to take it to MB tomorrow for the passenger-side airbag recall.

P.S. We did read your other responses.
Old 03-21-2019, 12:35 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

It's very difficult to be certain based on the wiring diagram. The best I can tell, if it exists, it will be collocated with the pump itself. The fact the it runs at a (for lack of better words) lower power setting with the switch selection "off" is interesting to me. It would almost seem that perhaps one of the control wires (smaller gauge to a pump controller) got mixed up with the main power feed to the pump. That may explain the pump always being powered but running better with the switch "on."

Thoughts?

Thanks,

EC
Old 03-21-2019, 12:41 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

That could explain it.
We've been to the WP more than once in our View 24G. It's under a false floor panel just to the side of the bed, and we saw no sign of one (controller) there. We recently installed an accumulator connecting it directly to the pump and there was plenty of room. But we have learned from other View model owners that their setup is different.
Old 03-21-2019, 05:46 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

When you disable your coach batteries, does it shut off? If it does, you can start to check the wiring at the pump and various switches. The monitor panel, leave until last - I'm not sure how easily it comes down. Disable the batteries first to cut power so you don't make things worse.

At this point, I'd be looking at the pump wiring up close and personal. It wouldn't be the first time a wire looked properly seated but was corroded or loose. Pull (semi-firmly) on them all at the pump. See what happens. Look for bare wires close together. Look for signs of burnt wires.

Next check (by removing) the water bay switch (no idea how, there are no visible screws to remove in my 2018 N24V) and the bathroom switch (2 screws) to see if there are any loose/broken/shorting/bare/burnt wires behind them.

If necessary, you may have to pull the monitor panel and see if there's something amiss behind the panel. Mine has 4 screws holding it in place.

My money is on something at the pump itself, or one of the wires to/from it.

One last question: Did the previous owner mention this to you - that even with the pump switches all showing off, it keeps running? If it did it while he owned it, he must have gone through a few pumps/fuses/coach batteries. Are you sure he's being straight with you? Sorry, but gotta ask.
Winterbagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 06:12 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Check your wiring connections at the water pump, the water pump controller (typically close to the water pump), and the back of the OnePlace.

My 18.5NV water pump was working fine, and then suddenly the water pump wouldn't turn on. Turned out a wire had come off the controller.

-BruceR
BruceR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, water pump