Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-22-2020, 02:06 PM   #1
RLM
Winnebago Camper

Water pump electrical

No power to water pump. Fuse is good
RLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 06:41 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

have you used a multi meter to verify there is no electric to pump? It is possible that a wire has worked loose on the control block that sits next to the pump also.
Old 08-23-2020, 09:44 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Not enough time taken to tell us enough to even start.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 12:37 PM   #4
RLM
Winnebago Camper

Pump

Navion 2018 V --- The first indication that I had a problem was with the agitator ( needed to pump out Grey water). The agitator worked intermittently on two occasions. Several days later when I tired to use the water pump after adding chemical to the toilet the pump failed to operate. I put a meter to the pump - no power. All lines to the controller are in place. I tried to operate the agitator (gray water) it does not operate.
There is no blown 20 amp fuse.
All toggle switches are in normal position (not hung up).
Power to the control panel is normal(over the refrigerator) and indicates pump is off. Will not push to on when activated.
Not sure what to do next. Could wire have come loose behind the fuse panel? Thanks in advance for your suggestions. RLM
Old 08-23-2020, 02:40 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLM View Post
Not sure what to do next. Could wire have come loose behind the fuse panel? Thanks in advance for your suggestions. RLM
There may also be an in-line barrel fuse somewhere near the pump. Sort of a stupid location--in mine it's under the panel that sits under the sink, so you have to remove a panel to get to it or even know it's there.
Old 08-23-2020, 03:39 PM   #6
RLM
Winnebago Camper

I noticed in the docs that I read that their was a fuse within 12 inches. I could not spot one. I 'll look some where else per your suggestion.
Old 08-23-2020, 04:37 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

I see that there are two pumps on your RV. That leaves some questions about which pump but since you've mentioned the grey tank, can we assume it is the pump which moves water from the grey tank to the connection for draining? But if speaking of that pump, it is not the same one to use to add water to the stool when adding chemicals.
You will need to know which pump you need to use to add water to the stool and black water holding tank and which is used to pump grey water out to the drain.
I've never seen the panel where these are controlled but is there a possibility of confusing which switch controls which pump?
First we need to know what it is that has seemed to fail as you have mentioned two different pumps.
Fresh water pump to move fresh water from fresh water holding tank to faucets or grey water pump which moves waste water from the grey holding tank to the drain?
Old 08-23-2020, 05:35 PM   #8
RLM
Winnebago Camper

Pump

In the electrical diagram both pumps have the same identical wire (JA)
JA is connected to the controller, however, no measured power
I looked under the sink and located a bunch of wires. No fuse.
Old 08-23-2020, 06:02 PM   #9
RLM
Winnebago Camper

Pump

In the electrical diagram both pumps have the same identical wire (JA)
JA is connected to the controller, however, no measured power
I looked under the sink and located a bunch of wires. No fuse.
Old 08-23-2020, 06:10 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

We still don't have a clear idea of what the problem is but I might point out that it is NOT logical for a fresh water pump and a drain pump at the back to both be on the same circuit as we would not want them to run at the same time.
Old 08-23-2020, 06:51 PM   #11
RLM
Winnebago Camper

The fresh water pump and the agitator that pumps out the Grey tank according to winnebago electrical diagrams both have a JA wire. I don't understand this setup either but both the pump and the agitator motor do not activate.
Old 08-30-2020, 05:39 PM   #12
RLM
Winnebago Camper

Update; I removed the fuse panel a couple of inches, and found the connection to the 20 amp fuse JA and 5 amp fuse JG disconnected. I plugged the designated lines to the fuse panel. Neither pump worked or could be turned to ON. Both fuses are good. However, there is no measured 12 volt to either fuse. Measurement was conducted by applying a positive terminal to the right side of fuse plug and appropriate ground. Using the same procedure on other fuses indicate the presence of 12 volts. Looking for possible solution.

Tags
electrical, water, water pump