Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2021, 02:07 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Unhappy warranty work at Lazydays new MINNI WINNI

looking for advice re: new minni winni 22m refrig has leak, has caused the artificial wood to swell and split the vinyl covering. Lazydays just called and said it would be a month before they could look at it, then need approval from Winnebago, then order parts and finally start the repairs. This sounds like months this new unit can't be used! Any thoughts? BUDGET
budget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 03:55 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Maybe get on their list. Camp using an ice chest until then. If parts are going to be a long delay, return to camping with an ice chest until the parts arrive. Hopefully they’ll work with you a bit to keep you camping during the waiting phases. It sounds like you will need Winnebago parts (for the wood) so just using a Dometic repair facility won’t solve the whole problem.

Is the leak something you might be able to fix? That’d be the best. Winnebago will send parts straight to you. That’d leave only the cosmetic repair.
Old 07-29-2021, 04:07 PM   #3
Site Team

How about a few details… where did you buy the RV and when? Which Lazydays?

It is common for dealers to be booked up a month or more, but if you bought it there then they should give you preference.

Sometimes Winnebago will authorize you to hire an independent service tech to do the work. But, this week is the Grand National Rally at the factory and it can be difficult to talk to someone this week to get that authorization.
Old 07-29-2021, 11:59 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

the top of the refrig is about 3/4" out farther from the wall then the bottom, so I believe the installation is wrong causing the melted ice to flow out instead of through the drain. I dont now how they are installed? Are they bolted or latched to a wall or bottom? Because of the warranty I haven't tried to do anything. New unit, just picked it up about 2 months ago. I noticed that the gen. had about 7hrs. on it maybe the delivery ran it on the way to Tampa, the swelling of the wood had started before I picked it up.
Old 07-30-2021, 07:12 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Your RV may have come with both the owner's manual and the installation manual for the refrigerator. I'd check for these if you haven't already. If it did not, search online for these manuals (they are often available online from the manufacturer). The installation manual will give you some idea for how it should have been installed (it might not have been done correctly). Either manual could have some troubleshooting suggestions.
Old 07-30-2021, 09:49 AM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by budget View Post
I dont now how they are installed? Are they bolted or latched to a wall or bottom?
There are plenty of YouTube videos on fridge removal. Do you have an RV (gas absorption) fridge or a compressor fridge?

Here's a RV fridge removal video:

Old 08-04-2021, 04:14 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

What brand is the fridge? What model is it? It’s leaking. Where is it leaking! Is it leaking because it’s warming up and the interior frost is melting. Do you have an ice maker in this fridge?
Let’s get some information.
This is like saying my car quit can you help me.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 05:50 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

So, Lazy Days Tampa. I have had good service on three occasions from Drew’s RV in Ruskin, hour south of Tampa.
1601 S US Hwy 41
Ruskin FL 33570
United States
(813) 645-7870
Like most RV service places, you can get routine stuff (oil changes, tires work) done much cheaper at local tire & auto places.
Red Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 02:46 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

There is a removable tray under the fins inside the fridge that collect and drain the condensation. Maybe this is tilted due to the uneven installation. Temp fix might be to put plastic trays under the area to catch the water. Then you could use the RV until it gets in for service. I wouldn't touch it while under warranty.
TJFogelberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 10:41 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

THANK You to all the kind owners who responded to my leak. Stopped by General RV and they found the leak to be at the side frig vent, fixed it & ordered parts & Winni confirmed parts the same day. So thankful the new MINNI will not have any more damage. Again THANKS