Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-17-2020, 09:23 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Want to add leveling jacks.

I have a 2019 22M Minnie Winnie. Can I add leveling jacks so I do not have to drive up on blocks. Thanks, Allen
Old 10-18-2020, 03:50 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

There seem to be a lot of articles about adding leveling jacks to your type of unit. I would say yes you can. You might want to call HWH a call for the correct type.

Welcome to HWH Corporation
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 06:30 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

I'm sure you can.
Bigfoot makes levelers. In kits. Not sure if they make any that fit your vehicle?
Winterbagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 08:25 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Thank you Gentlemen for the information. Allen
Old 10-26-2020, 10:28 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

You might also try Equalizer Systems.
DrMack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 11:18 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Lippert makes an auto leveling system for petty much everything RV -
https://www.lci1.com/automatic-leveling
Ozarkryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 12:06 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

There is a good chance you can find a set and a dealer to install, but do be aware that there are real problems with adding them on class C which do not come with that in mind.
We added them to a Class C Thor and were really bummed on what we got.
Step one is to look carefully at what you want, how low the ground clearance of the retracted jacks may be and where all the parts will be installed.
If you are not used to dealing with jacks, this can be a real mind bending process as there are a number of real questions to work out.
One biggie is the pump and reservoir assembly as it IS large and class C is not always built with the extra space so body mods are needed. Dash space or location for the controls? Pump, controls and level sensor will all need to be sorted out.
Final problem is how to get those set where YOU want them and I would suggest getting that talked over with the installer and then get it in writing before turning the RV over to them.
We got burned on the final point! We went to Camping World, where we did the walk around and talk with sales about where each item was to be located and then they turned it over to install who did it the way they wanted!
We wound up with nothing where we talked about with a back compartment modded to let the jack up into it when retracted and a front compartment lost when they installed the pump in it, rather than underneath.
Class C often have smaller tires and fit lower to the ground, making the jacks have to go up higher to clear. That higher may mean it goes up into the interior at some points.
Lots of variables like slides which can not be modded to take a jack sticking up out of the floor.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 05:07 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Read Morich's post again and again, until you decide to pass on that project. It's a problem in the making, and going to be an expensive failure.

Any kind of large-scale retro-fitting on RVs is expensive and prone to failure, because nobody does this kind of job on a regular basis, because no two units have been built the same way. This isn't like swapping motors on an F150
Old 10-28-2020, 05:12 PM   #9
2015 Itasca Spirit 27QP

I have a 2015 Itasca Spirit 28qp (same as Mini Winnie, just longer than yours) and had Bigfoot levelers put on several years ago. Check with the company for product fit. There are several models to choose from. Choose wisely. I'm not sold on fully automatic and that option is more expensive. Mine are manual with individual jack control. They were installed by Bigfoot as we traveled out there on tour. They are very convenient and priceless when it comes to bad weather or rough sites. I even use them to tilt the RV when dumping the tanks for a more complete emptying.
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 07:48 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

What is your issue with driving up on block? If it’s just figuring how much block you need, have you looked at the LevelMatePro? I pull up to my spot and the app tells me how many inches I need under each wheel. It’s spot on every time.
cshodges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 09:11 PM   #11
Winnebago Watcher

I looked into adding Bigfoot levelers to my Winnie Winnie 31k. It would be around $6k.
P2smith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, leveling, leveling jacks