Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-07-2017, 02:41 PM   #521
Winnebago Camper

Well I didn't have that green light on

But when I turned in tv just know I had one channel that from some place pop up

Just restarted the Cable scan and what do you know it looks like it's scanning the cable channels

18 on the analog side and the scan is only about 40% done

Moving slow but I think it is working

Wish it would have worked the times I tried last night before just watching Netflix

So once again thanks for the fast reply

Who the hell knows I might have fixed it this morning when checking how tight the connection was

Still scanning but at 60% slow still 18 channels

About 15 minute scan but I have cable...
gmasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 05:47 AM   #522
Winnebago Camper

The leak is fixed, it appears to have been coming under the inside edge of the di-cor.
RGD-DBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 12:02 PM   #523
Winnebago Camper

Totally Confused Now

We've been looking at RV's for a couple years and am ready to pull the trigger. Leaning towards a loaded 24V. However, I just ran across the Thor Synergy. Should I consider it; so much more bang for the buck.
WeekendRVers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 01:35 PM   #524
Winnebago Camper

Hey there WeenendRVers,
I feel your pain! We went through the same process of looking at everything that was out there. Weighed the pros and cons of each manufacturer and agonized over the myriad of floorplans that were available.
My wife was more interested in the floorplans and bells and whistle as opposed to me. I looked for quality of materials used in construction, quality of the construction, mechanical durability of the chassis and coach and so on and so on.
We ultimately came to the conclusion that out of everything we looked at in the Class C arena, we definitely wanted an MB diesel chassis and after that decision was made, we chose to order a 2017 Winnebago 24G.
What sold us on that was the tankless water heater, lighter aluminum wheels, upgraded MB chassis that includes fog lights and smart steering wheel, Winnebago exclusive pleated shades for the cab windows. (That was huge for us) and just the generally better workmanship that goes into the coach itself.
Not trying to steer you in an particular direction but for value of our money on this first motorhome purchase for us, the Winnie 24G fit the bill.
Good luck on your choice and happy travels!
CGKMGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 03:30 PM   #525
Winnebago Camper

Thank you. The Thor comes with a tankless as standard equipment, has the 3500 chassis, plus a whole lot more. The holding tanks in the 24v are smaller but everything is a trade off. The pleated shades are nice though. 😊

https://thormotorcoach.com/synergy/features/

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGKMGK View Post
Hey there WeenendRVers,
I feel your pain! We went through the same process of looking at everything that was out there. Weighed the pros and cons of each manufacturer and agonized over the myriad of floorplans that were available.
My wife was more interested in the floorplans and bells and whistle as opposed to me. I looked for quality of materials used in construction, quality of the construction, mechanical durability of the chassis and coach and so on and so on.
We ultimately came to the conclusion that out of everything we looked at in the Class C arena, we definitely wanted an MB diesel chassis and after that decision was made, we chose to order a 2017 Winnebago 24G.
What sold us on that was the tankless water heater, lighter aluminum wheels, upgraded MB chassis that includes fog lights and smart steering wheel, Winnebago exclusive pleated shades for the cab windows. (That was huge for us) and just the generally better workmanship that goes into the coach itself.
Not trying to steer you in an particular direction but for value of our money on this first motorhome purchase for us, the Winnie 24G fit the bill.
Good luck on your choice and happy travels!
Old 02-13-2017, 04:46 PM   #526
Winnebago Camper

Well, I test drove a few Thor's today: chateau, sienna and one other whose name escapes me at the moment. The finish stinks ans the ride does as well. It's noisy and sways too much for me. The Winnebago has a much better ride and stable platform.

Conclusion: I'm buying a Winnebago 24V

Now, the dealers in Florida are all playing the same game with pricing. I don't care where I purchase it from but who out there offers the best pricing? I can get 23% off MSRP without trying. Any help?
Old 02-13-2017, 08:40 PM   #527
Winnebago Camper

Congrats on your choice of the 24V
Pricing is a moving target. The first thing I did was to look at the mfg date on the sticker and then ask the salesman how long it has been in inventory. Next, check the mileage on the odometer! Even though is may be a new unit, most dealers use delivery services to go and pick the RV units up at the factory in Forest City, Iowa then drive back to the dealership. What that means is the potential that whoever picks the unit up, may be towing their own vehicle back with them, possibly using the RV to "stay over" a night or two. And, maybe not following the MB prescribed break in procedures for the engine or not towing a vehicle as recommended by MB for the first 1000 miles.
Unless the dealer can provide documentation proving how the unit was delivered, be cautious and use this info as a negotiating tool. None of the dealers could and none had the 24G in stock outfitted the way we wanted it.
Since I could not find any dealer that had what I wanted in stock and I really did not want to place an order with a local dealer that's 1100 miles from the factory, I decided to buy from Lichtsinn RV in Forest City, Iowa.
They only sell Winnebago and are just one mile from the factory.
So when my 24G is delivered in April, the wife and I will fly out, stay a night or two at the dealership, they have 26 sites with hookups, and push all the buttons and test all the systems before we bring it for home. I got the best price from them and was able to customize the unit the way we wanted it outfitted.
We will be the first ones to break it in properly and sleep in it too!!
So, long post but just wanted to point out a few things that we experienced in our search and how we ended up making our decision.
Old 02-13-2017, 09:05 PM   #528
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGKMGK View Post
Congrats on your choice of the 24V
Pricing is a moving target. The first thing I did was to look at the mfg date on the sticker and then ask the salesman how long it has been in inventory. Next, check the mileage on the odometer! Even though is may be a new unit, most dealers use delivery services to go and pick the RV units up at the factory in Forest City, Iowa then drive back to the dealership. What that means is the potential that whoever picks the unit up, may be towing their own vehicle back with them, possibly using the RV to "stay over" a night or two. And, maybe not following the MB prescribed break in procedures for the engine or not towing a vehicle as recommended by MB for the first 1000 miles.
Unless the dealer can provide documentation proving how the unit was delivered, be cautious and use this info as a negotiating tool. None of the dealers could and none had the 24G in stock outfitted the way we wanted it.
Since I could not find any dealer that had what I wanted in stock and I really did not want to place an order with a local dealer that's 1100 miles from the factory, I decided to buy from Lichtsinn RV in Forest City, Iowa.
They only sell Winnebago and are just one mile from the factory.
So when my 24G is delivered in April, the wife and I will fly out, stay a night or two at the dealership, they have 26 sites with hookups, and push all the buttons and test all the systems before we bring it for home. I got the best price from them and was able to customize the unit the way we wanted it outfitted.
We will be the first ones to break it in properly and sleep in it too!!
So, long post but just wanted to point out a few things that we experienced in our search and how we ended up making our decision.
Be sure to run every system before leaving, it is a long drive back to have something fixed.
Make sure you know where every fuse is, they are in multiple locations.
Have them explain how to run the fridge, the three way changed but the book did not get updated.
Know the procedure and location of all the valves are to winterize, I went thru this with several people this year.
Drive it a couple of hundred miles, return to the dealer with any fixes.
They are great machines but it is a house on wheels.

Have fun
S Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 11:55 PM   #529
Winnebago Owner

Please look at the OCCC. This is the weight you can handle. The View is great. The concern is it is easy to over load it. This is true with all of the Sprinter motorhomes. When I see house on wheels, it really can handle about the same load as a small car.
KH 2015 View G
Old 02-14-2017, 01:05 AM   #530
Winnebago Owner

With a little common sense loading what you use instead of the kitchen sink, you can remain within proper weight ranges. (no TOAD if we need a car we rent one, it's cheaper no insurance, no maintenance, better fuel mileage)

We travel two months or longer each trip, most of our interior cabinets look empty. It is all about planning, my wife has this down to a science. We traveled in Europe two weeks with just two carry ons.

This is how we load to travel:
Fresh water rarely more than half tank, unless heading into the desert to boondock.
Black & Gray only what is needed to the next dump station, I can't see hauling waste around the country.
Tools as necessary usually combination wrenches for common maintenance, Volt meter, our spare tire is my luxury item.
Ultralite camp chairs, GCI ultralite folding table we use it inside and out (chucked heavy table that came with the rig).
Cloths appropriate for the season usually Down coats, all mix match combinations (we do laundry every two weeks).
Food stuffs, are usually dry goods some refrigerated veggies. There is usually a store somewhere along our route. Paper plates, cups, one plate/bowl each enough for just the two of us, if you eat with us bring your own.

Many load the rig like they will never see civilization again only to carry it around for weeks just to unload it at the end of the trip. If you don't use it while on the trip don't take it next time out. It might take a couple of trips but if you're diligent, you can lighten the load.
S Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 04:47 AM   #531
Winnebago Owner

We live in Fla. We , also, ordered from Lichtsin, and flew out for delivery.

After spending a few days parked on their lot, we took off up into Canada, then traveled around the Lakes, into UP, NY, Maine,etc, before heading back to Fla via NC. It was a great adventure.

Lichtsin is a fantastic dealer. They are capable, honest, and a pleasure to deal with.

Iowans are great people, we did lots of events in the 3 or 4 days we stayed in Forest City
Old 02-14-2017, 07:09 AM   #532
Winnebago Camper

Excellent point about picking it up. I just checked and Iowa is a long day trip from Florida. 22hr drive, I don't fly; I'm not cattle.

OK, I'll phone them today and try to beat them up. This is like buying a car in the 1980's. They're looking for every dollar and the last dollar.

Thanks guys!
Old 02-14-2017, 07:25 AM   #533
Winnebago Owner

We also bought from Lichtsinn and can't say enough about how great their service was, both before and after the sale. We had a couple of expensive repairs crop up after the warranty period and they were able to convince Winnebago to cover the cost. Lichtsinn's walk through will be as thorough as any: they will take anywhere from 1-3 or 4 hours going over everything and answering every question. By staying there a night or two you'll have the chance to try stuff out and ask more questions. They make you feel like family.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:43 AM   #534
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendRVers View Post
Excellent point about picking it up. I just checked and Iowa is a long day trip from Florida. 22hr drive, I don't fly; I'm not cattle.

OK, I'll phone them today and try to beat them up. This is like buying a car in the 1980's. They're looking for every dollar and the last dollar.

Thanks guys!
Lichtsinn...is the way to go. They Ron, Jason and the entire staff will tell you straight. We tried buying for months before finding them in Iowa. We are still smiling. If you have questions about our purchase give me a hollar. Peace
RGD-DBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 08:03 AM   #535
Winnebago Camper

WOW!
Thanks guys for the props you have given Lichtsinn. So far, our experience with them has been stellar. Before we ordered our 24G I had a slew of questions and everywhere I went locally, no one could answer them all and only a couple could answer any. Hell, I knew more about the rig than some the salesmen did!! Pretty typical not only for RV dealers but automotive dealers as well.
I found Lichtsinn and started a conversation with Nicole Blaser and she not only the answers to most of my questions but made some excellent recommendations and if she didn't know she quickly found out and got back to me.
As it turned out, some we found out some neighbors of friends of ours had just purchased from Lichtsinn so we had an opportunity go and meet with them and talk about their experience and they , like you folks, had nothing but high praise for the way that their transaction was handled and they, too could not say enough about how knowledgeable and friendly everyone at the dealership is.
Now I really can't wait for our View to be finished and we are really looking forward to going out there to take delivery.
Thanks for your comments guys and gals!!
Old 02-14-2017, 05:16 PM   #536
Winnebago Owner

If I were buying a new View G today, I would request a weight empty with full fuel. From that weight you can add your equipment re weigh and see how over weight you are. WGO took out a seatbelt on yours, mine has two so that should tell you the weight you can carry. 960 if you have the propane gen 930 with the diesal. I think WGO is ahead of me and has dropped the Diesal gen for 17.
If you think like me that 960 is a lot, it's not. Most small cars well carry more weight. My wife's New Beattle carries 830 lbs. Did your dealer tell you this?
Old 02-14-2017, 06:48 PM   #537
Winnebago Camper

Ok, so with fuel, black/gray, freshwater - all that equals about 130 gallons and at 8lbs per gallon, you're overweight.

Of course I don't plan on running around with 60 gallons of crap, this is disheartening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffie Drink View Post
If I were buying a new View G today, I would request a weight empty with full fuel. From that weight you can add your equipment re weigh and see how over weight you are. WGO took out a seatbelt on yours, mine has two so that should tell you the weight you can carry. 960 if you have the propane gen 930 with the diesal. I think WGO is ahead of me and has dropped the Diesal gen for 17.
If you think like me that 960 is a lot, it's not. Most small cars well carry more weight. My wife's New Beattle carries 830 lbs. Did your dealer tell you this?
Old 02-14-2017, 10:47 PM   #538
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancogan View Post
We also bought from Lichtsinn and can't say enough about how great their service was, both before and after the sale. We had a couple of expensive repairs crop up after the warranty period and they were able to convince Winnebago to cover the cost. Lichtsinn's walk through will be as thorough as any: they will take anywhere from 1-3 or 4 hours going over everything and answering every question. By staying there a night or two you'll have the chance to try stuff out and ask more questions. They make you feel like family.
Do you mind sharing the expensive repairs Winnebago covered outside the warranty period?
Old 02-15-2017, 05:04 AM   #539
Winnebago Owner

Over thinking is a curse among us oldsters.

We had a 2014 24V, put 37K miles in 23 mos, up into Canada on both sides of the US, and all the national parks , plus the "gotta see" stuff in between. All from Fla

We never really needed a toad, we had plenty of storage, weight was never a problem, the MB chassis handled all our cargo easily....I had my full compliment of tools & spare parts.

The View is perfect for 2, it gets great economy, it's well built, It's the best for cross country trips,but, it's not for everybody.

Have fun with whatever you get, make sure your wife likes it..let her pick it out
Old 02-15-2017, 06:01 AM   #540
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper Ken View Post
Do you mind sharing the expensive repairs Winnebago covered outside the warranty period?
Ken,

We encountered two problems in our second year of ownership: The shower surround developed a series of horizontal cracks in it near the bottom. Lichtsinn felt this may have been caused by installing the surround under too much stress. The second problem was an alignment problem that developed with the sheathing that surrounded the wiring as the slide out went in and out. Apparently that was also an initial installation problem.

I was most impressed, however, with the very professional job Lichtsinn did in making the repairs. The View doesn't look like it has ever undergone repair, other than the fact that everything looks and operates perfectly. We had an appointment for 7:30 am, and they were done and we were on the way home by 3:00 pm. I have to think that replacing the entire shower was no small job!

So, yes, we really believe Lichtsinn gives owners what they deserve - excellent service by professional techs, while making you feel like family.