Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2016, 10:28 AM   #481
Winnebago Camper

Love regulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocioSam View Post
Thanks. Tried your recommendations and stove now works.
Our 2014 Navion had an issue with the generator not working. We brought it in and they replaced the regulator. Everything else worked fine. Could be your issue. Good luck
johnff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 06:23 PM   #482
Winnebago Owner

Diesel Genset Quits while driving?

I have just bought a new 16 View 24G. The genset has 15 hours on it. Twice while driving (to use roof AC) the genset just quits. Any ideas?
Old 10-07-2016, 07:16 PM   #483
Winnebago Camper

Congrats on your Rigg, we just returned from yellowstone 2 days ago got chased out by snow! dropped down to lower elevation and visited craters of the moon in Idaho.just dropped ours off to service. few minor glitches but overall a great ring Love it. Next trip sometime in Nov.
DJDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 07:25 PM   #484
Winnebago Watcher

This seems to be a consistent thread of people having issues exactly like this following the hose replacement problem. My unit was under warranty when my hoses were replaced and I have experienced exactly the same problem and have been having to employ the same "work around". Start the generator first then you have enough pressure to run the other appliances. In my communication with Winnebago it seems that they are oblivious to the problem. Are people contacting them to get assistance or are they just contacting local vendors to get assistance regardless of warranty or not? If Winnebago is not receiving calls about the problem by everyone they may not know the full extent of the problem.
jsmarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 07:58 PM   #485
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooneypaul View Post
I have just bought a new 16 View 24G. The genset has 15 hours on it. Twice while driving (to use roof AC) the genset just quits. Any ideas?
Generators are sensitive to low oil levels. If it is not full to the brim, it may be sloshing around enough when on the road to activate the low level switch and shut off the genny.

Since you don't say, I have to assume it started right back up when you attempted a restart.

Charles
Old 10-15-2016, 09:36 PM   #486
Winnebago Camper

Pull drawer out as far as it will go. Look in the center of the slide/glide for a small black plastic lever, pull it up on one side and down on the other. Pull the drawer on out while releasing the levers. Needs 3 hands!
BPOE #2504
Bobs911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 02:43 PM   #487
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by newviewguy View Post
I too have found the yahoo group difficult to follow. How about using this link JUST for View/Navion folks?? Let's give it a try.

Wayne from MA - 2011 MBJ
I agree wholeheartedly. The Yahoo forum doesn't go back to the thread you opened which causes a LOT of scrolling trying to find where you were.

Plus it is S_L_O_W like an old 56k dial-up connection, even on high speed fiber or cable.

What would make a LOT more sense is to add break up the Winnebago forum into a "Class A" and "Class B&C Minnie Winnies" forums. The only reason the Yahoo "Minnie Winnies" forum exists is all us View / Navion owners don't want to spend the time wading through all the irrelevant Winnebago Class A issues.

Too easy to fix. IRV2 Moderator... Are you listening ???
BrokerDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 10:26 PM   #488
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary CA View Post
I am looking a change in RVs and am interested in the View or Navion 24G. Generator question; is LP or diesel the generator of choice for this nice smaller RV?
Salesmen are favoring the LP; I need good feedback from users....Thanks
I'm pretty happy with the capacities of our 24J's tanks after putting over 5,000 miles on it (in the first few months), well….almost.

I think it's called a 24x because that's about how much you can get out of the deisel fuel tank. And that leads me to my answer, LP generator.

Love the View / Navion BTW.
Old 10-18-2016, 05:07 AM   #489
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyonlands View Post
I'm pretty happy with the capacities of our 24J's tanks after putting over 5,000 miles on it (in the first few months), well….almost.

I think it's called a 24x because that's about how much you can get out of the deisel fuel tank. And that leads me to my answer, LP generator.

Love the View / Navion BTW.
for me diesel is the way to go if you are going to boondock...you can make either work, I've found it harder to find LP and the LP tank will empty quite fast if you need to run it for AC or Heat.....diesel is everywhere

this question of LP and diesel has been hashed over.... just search the forums
Old 10-18-2016, 11:35 PM   #490
Winnebago Owner

Diesel is great generator
Down side noise level & odor, cost of a diesel gen set is much higher.
Gen. weighs more reducing useable load.
Uses fuel from a limited tank 25 gallon but limited even further gen will stop at 1/4 tank. It also reduces effective travel range.
upside
Uses very little fuel per hour.

LP
Down side, size of LP tank, furnace & range also uses LP.
Finding LP is not really a problem most of the time if your filling diesel tank they probably will have LP.
Up side noise level lower, lower odor, lower initial cost.

Mostly personal choice.
S Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 06:44 AM   #491
Winnebago Owner

We decided on Diesel because I can get fuel anywhere and LP is not everywhere. Also, we boondock a lot and want to be able to have both fuel sources.

Consumption is also very low about 1/2 gal per hour. But just personal preference.
Old 11-22-2016, 08:29 PM   #492
Winnebago Owner

Fuel filter, Freightliner needs the part number from the installed filter (there are 3 different part numbers) one without heat coil, one with heat coil etc.

Head in hands shaking side to side. Why?
Old 11-23-2016, 04:43 AM   #493
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bradley View Post
Fuel filter, Freightliner needs the part number from the installed filter (there are 3 different part numbers) one without heat coil, one with heat coil etc.

Head in hands shaking side to side. Why?
Depending on what year you have. Our 2014 View (2013 Chasis) had a heating element. The non-heated unit will not fit.....check around, the price varies greatly, depending on source.

It is a tedious job (changing the filter out) very fragile connections, small clips, hard to get to location. Do not let a rough mechanic do the job. If you are mechanically inclined, and patient, you are the best man for the job.
Old 11-24-2016, 01:45 PM   #494
Winnebago Owner

I have been reading that people don't care for the clear Skylight, lets in to much heat.
I have a solution, from Invisiblemask purchase the rear window tinting film cut it to fit.
It is easy to install. $42 plus shipping.

Rear Window Tint
Old 12-24-2016, 11:46 PM   #495
Winnebago Owner

Anyone have EGR problem during 2016, plz provide details yr., trouble and resolution.
Old 12-26-2016, 06:54 AM   #496
Winnebago Camper

DEF...

Lee...picked up my 2017 View 24V from Lichtsinn RV in Iowa in November. They did an excellent job of walking us through all of the operational need to knows. Of course, new questions come everyday...but, that's part of the adventure. As for DEF. You can find it anywhere. No need to carry it with you. Dash info center will keep you posted as to levels. I prefer the plastic jugs at Wal-Mart...much easier to handle.
RGD-DBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 12:47 PM   #497
Winnebago Owner

DEF everywhere, not quite. It is a good idea to have some when you head out West or to Alaska it can be a long way to the next town in limp mode.
How large is your tank, mine is 12 liters. Calculate use a couple of times just to verify instrumentation. I have been topping off every 2000 miles I'm about to stretch it out to 2500.
Old 12-26-2016, 05:31 PM   #498
Winnebago Camper

You can easily drive 2500 miles. I have driven 5100 miles before once and 3700 miles another time. If you drive 2500 miles you will need only about 4 liters to fill up.
Cruizer Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 09:38 PM   #499
Winnebago Camper

You folks need to have the year of your View/Navion in your sig.

I could be wrong, but what I was told by an owner of an older Navion, the DEF tank sizes changed at one point, growing larger.
Old 12-26-2016, 10:06 PM   #500
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyonlands View Post
You folks need to have the year of your View/Navion in your sig.

I could be wrong, but what I was told by an owner of an older Navion, the DEF tank sizes changed at one point, growing larger.
DEF tank size depends on how the chassis was configured by Mother Benz for the upfitter. Some, 2500s came with a larger tank ahead of the starboard rear wheels. Others, usually 3500 DRW chassis cabs have a 3.5 gallon tank on the starboard side ahead of the front tire. The change to upfront is likely related,to better space utilization within the coach foot print. Example: our 24G has a large storage bin behind the coach door and in front of the Duals. It's below frame level. The DEF tank is up front in an otherwise "wasted" space behind the bumper.

A quick reference would be to check for the DEF fill port. Up front, starboard side, near the radiator = 3.5 G tank. Midship, starboard side (commonly inside the coach near the coach door or sliding door) fill port = larger tank.

But Mother is quirky. Best check your operator manual......
Old Crows is offline   Reply With Quote