Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2013, 03:13 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeB View Post
Over the past month I have found a few problems to look for (and e-mailed the dealer about them.)

Sure would be nice to keep this thread alive......
So what problems are you looking for?
Sandi
Old 03-04-2013, 05:09 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rream View Post
The 2 1/2 gal box here in the US has a nozzle that comes with it and I rarely spill a drop when I add it - put in two boxes last week. You will find this product at all truck stops, I found it once at Wal-Mart.
2 Boxes WOW what is the capacity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newviewguy View Post
Has anyone seen the view/navion that had an extra set of turn signals installed below the 3rd brake set on the rear?? We carry bikes and they often obstruct the brake/turn signals. Saving grace is the turn signals on the mirrors. I'd love to know how to get them installed...know it was someone in the Yahoo group that did it......
I have not seen anything but if I do I'll post back here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by monik7 View Post
So what problems are you looking for?
Sandi
Sandi nothing in particular I have been chomping at the bit for over a month now waiting so we can go pick ours up. I did find out there is a problem with the mattress in the 24G (but there is a solution) and apparently there is a problem with the way the TV is wired. I guess when it is pushed back into the travel position it is cutting the wires so it does not receive a signal. I am finding for the most part people LOVE the Winnebago on the Sprinter Chassis.....
Old 03-04-2013, 10:54 PM   #23
Winnebago Camper

LeeB said:

Quote:
Sandi nothing in particular I have been chomping at the bit for over a month now waiting so we can go pick ours up. I did find out there is a problem with the mattress in the 24G (but there is a solution) and apparently there is a problem with the way the TV is wired. I guess when it is pushed back into the travel position it is cutting the wires so it does not receive a signal. I am finding for the most part people LOVE the Winnebago on the Sprinter Chassis.....
I love my 2012 Navion 24G. The only thing I found with the mattress was I felt it needed a topper to make it more comfortable. I got a gel memory foam topper at Costco and it's really made a positive improvement. I feel the gel memory foam is better than just memory foam. Doesn't get too hot. So far no problem with the TV.

I'm so happy with mine. Absolutely no warranty issues in the 10 months since I got it. I think that's amazing and speaks very well for Winnebago and Sprinter quality.

Congratulations on your purchase. I wish you many happy and problem-free miles.
Sandi
Old 03-05-2013, 07:24 AM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
LeeB said:

I love my 2012 Navion 24G. The only thing I found with the mattress was I felt it needed a topper to make it more comfortable. I got a gel memory foam topper at Costco and it's really made a positive improvement. I feel the gel memory foam is better than just memory foam. Doesn't get too hot. So far no problem with the TV.

I'm so happy with mine. Absolutely no warranty issues in the 10 months since I got it. I think that's amazing and speaks very well for Winnebago and Sprinter quality.

Congratulations on your purchase. I wish you many happy and problem-free miles.
Sandi
Sandi that's great to hear I hope we have the same ZERO problems also. We have a topper that I kept when we sold our Diesel Pusher and plan on using it once we get home, but in the mean time we will deal with it.

I do have a couple questions... What do you do with the topper when the slide is in and can the passenger get up and use the bathroom while moving? By that I mean is there room to get out of the seat while the slides on in? We have never seen one with the slides in...

Thanks LeeB
Old 03-05-2013, 09:13 AM   #25
Winnie-Wise

My Journey holds I think 13 gallons on DEF, never have seen this in writing.
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:10 AM   #26
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeB View Post

Sandi that's great to hear I hope we have the same ZERO problems also. We have a topper that I kept when we sold our Diesel Pusher and plan on using it once we get home, but in the mean time we will deal with it.

I do have a couple questions... What do you do with the topper when the slide is in and can the passenger get up and use the bathroom while moving? By that I mean is there room to get out of the seat while the slides on in? We have never seen one with the slides in...

Thanks LeeB
Hi Lee: I just fold the topper back half way and put the back half of the mattress on top. Then the slide comes in as usual. No need to store the topper anywhere else. And yes, you can use the bathroom while moving. There's plenty of room with the side slide in. Have fun!
Sandi
Old 03-05-2013, 03:05 PM   #27
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Hi Lee: I just fold the topper back half way and put the back half of the mattress on top. Then the slide comes in as usual. No need to store the topper anywhere else. And yes, you can use the bathroom while moving. There's plenty of room with the side slide in. Have fun!
Sandi
Thanks Sandi....... Now all we have to do is hurry up and wait.. LoL... and hope for good weather in Iowa....... LoL...
Old 03-09-2013, 07:47 PM   #28
Winnebago Camper

Just brought home my new navion 24m. Drove it 400 miles from Springfield, mo, to my house, even with 20 mph winds, and Ozark mountain roads, what a joy to drive! Took 9 hours, got about 14 mpg on mountain roads, 15mpg on 140 miles of flat road, but winds were headwinds for most part. Look forward to sharing experiences on this forum/thread.
La.Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:32 PM   #29
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by La.Paul View Post
Just brought home my new navion 24m. Drove it 400 miles from Springfield, mo, to my house, even with 20 mph winds, and Ozark mountain roads, what a joy to drive! Took 9 hours, got about 14 mpg on mountain roads, 15mpg on 140 miles of flat road, but winds were headwinds for most part. Look forward to sharing experiences on this forum/thread.
Congratulations!!!
Sandi
Old 03-10-2013, 08:11 AM   #30
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by La.Paul View Post
Congratulations La.Paul.. What did you have before?

That's awesome. We pick ours up 4/4/13 in Iowa then heading to Pa. then to Tn. then home to Ca. should be a GREAT shake down and break in. Hoping to do LOTS of off the Interstate Travel.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:35 PM   #31
Winnebago Camper

I had a 2003 national sea breeze 8311, 32 foot. Got about 5 mpg, even though I did all the suspension mods (steer safe, billstein shocks, front and rear sway bars, aux rear anti sway bar) was still much more work to drive due to mostly road ruts, which are pronounced here in the south. Also, couldn't keep it at the house, like I can the navion, which will be much more convenient especially for short weekend trips. Gonna miss some things about the breeze, but I had to laugh a few times on way home with navion just from enjoyment of ease of driving and how quiet it drove. Had Travel trailer (toy hauler) before breeze, converted school bus before that, tents before that.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:26 PM   #32
Winnebago Owner

La.Paul I know the feeling, we did the same thing except we had a 38ft Diesel Pusher and did all the mods you mentioned.

Now we are looking forward to visiting all the places we can not visit....... Happy Travels

LeeB
Old 03-19-2013, 12:50 PM   #33
Winnebago Camper

Best windshield cleaner/protector

Who uses what?????? I have found lately 1/2 water/ 1/2 vinegar isn't bad. I use Rain-X for general tank use.

What works without streaking???????????

Wayne
Old 03-20-2013, 07:26 AM   #34
Winnebago Owner

Hmmmmm I have just always used the stuff you buy at a Auto Store in gallon bottles. When you say streaking, are your blades old?

LeeB
Old 03-20-2013, 02:35 PM   #35
Winnebago Camper

windshield cleaning

I might have mispoke...I'm talking about cleaning the windshield by hand each night after traveling........found Windex leaves lots of residue and streaks..........wondering if my problem is chemical because of the Rain-X
Old 03-20-2013, 09:56 PM   #36
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by newviewguy View Post
I might have mispoke...I'm talking about cleaning the windshield by hand each night after traveling........found Windex leaves lots of residue and streaks..........wondering if my problem is chemical because of the Rain-X
I have been using Invisible Glass | No Streaks | Glass Cleaner for a few years. I get it at Wal-Mart or ??????. I also use WHITE 1ft x 1ft CLEAN terry cloth towels. When I wash then I do not use and fabric softener or those dryer sheets. I end up with pure clean terry cloth towels. Me personally do not use those Micro Fiber Yellow towels they seem to leave tiny particles embedded in the surface.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:00 PM   #37
Winnebago Watcher

Neugrin

I'm new at forums and looking for info regarding toad purchase.
Steve
Neugrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:07 PM   #38
Winnebago Watcher

Neugrin

Hi all
Looking for toad info for a Navion.
Wife and I absolutely the machine.
We think adding a toad would make it perfect.
Looking a older jeep.
Thoughts?
Steve
Neugrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:06 AM   #39
Winnebago Camper

I pull a 2006 Jeep Wrangler with no problems. You can tell it is there, compared to driving without toad, and in hills I have to drive in 4th gear, on long steep grades may even have to go to 3rd, but overall am pleased with how it drives with toad. Mileage without toad 15-16 mpg, with toad 11-12. With toad, me, wife and dogs, full fuel, 1/2 water in tanks, usually am about 800 lbs below GVCWR.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:13 AM   #40
Winnebago Camper

I too love our View Profile 24v. Took it on a 7 night trip to Northern Idaho the day we picked it up. Great MH, 15.3 mpg on first tank and 15.5 on second tank. Going to County Fair to watch 4 grand-kids show and sell 4-H animals, we will have two other grand-kids staying with us. Then we will travel to Yellowstone and then back to Southern Idaho for a family reunion. As far as the Yahoo Navion/View groups, it is harder to use and move around in - to bad it wasn't set up like IRV2. Oh yea, I love this MH - Dale
paisleydale is offline   Reply With Quote