Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2020, 05:57 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

view fresh water

I have 2007 view. lately have been losing fresh water not leaking into unit but this trip out to moab I have come to the conclusion that my leak is coming from
the little white check valve inside the connection where you hook up hose for fresh water. if you look in there , there is a a little white end of check valve that gets crooked in there. has anyone had anything like this how do you fix it. is there anyway I can fix it myself. Got about 15mpg average for trip 3100mi
russ harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 07:07 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Seems some do have troubles with it getting off center or cocked a bit so that it doesn't close well. Not sure why this happens as some feel it is the way they disconnected the hose but they can often flip it back into the right position.
But if you have done that and it keeps happening, changing out the valve it sets in would seem to be the long term solution. Not too bad as a DIY job if used to doing any small plumbing stuff. Nothing high tech or complex, so it just needs some looking and doing what it takes to get it out and new in. I might think it will be a part to get from an RV supply as it doesn't look like a normal house item.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, water