Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-18-2019, 03:09 PM   #101
Winnebago Camper

Nope would not buy a new one when my 09 View J is done im moving to something else, the cheap plastic in the new ones vs the real wood, features that are gone, and poor quality of the new ones and the high price not a fan...there are many other choices on sprinter platforms and the new dodge chassis...including 4wd
norcal21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:52 AM   #102
Winnebago Camper

About to head out with my 2008/9 View, plus dog and two grandchildren. The motorhome was "new to me" last August, so still figuring out how things work. So, what does OCCC refer to?
Reading all the recnt posts has me second guessing. Love the way it drives, but now am fretting about Maritime winds as we head to PEI, Canada. Does the over cab bunk make the vehicle unstable in wind?
Katy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 05:55 AM   #103
DMA
Winnebago Camper

Locate the Occupant and Cargo Carrying Capacity (OCCC) sticker for motorized RVs only. This weight sticker is put on by the RV manufacturer (Winnebago normally places it on the inside of the door and it will vary with models.
Keep minimal or a few light weight in the overhead as indeed it raises the center of gravity. If you are really overloaded with gear/stuff you need to keep your tanks on the empty side. Carry 50% water etc. Less "stuff" is better.
It is highly unlikely you will have issues with wind in the Maritimes and PEI unless you get caught in a nor easter.

We have traveled for five years and 50K miles throughout the US and Canada in our 15.5 Navion and haven't run into wind issues while driving that required a stop. This includes northeast Canada.
IMO you are more likely to have wind issues crossing the great plains.
DMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 07:21 AM   #104
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMA View Post
We have traveled for five years and 50K miles throughout the US and Canada in our 15.5 Navion and haven't run into wind issues while driving that required a stop. This includes northeast Canada.
IMO you are more likely to have wind issues crossing the great plains.

Indeed. Many times I check the wind charts to cross the plains and I have driven at night several times to cross the plains states. There are things you learn to suspect of high wind conditions, especially those with a sign stating "warning - high winds" but by far the most tedious is crossing the plains. I have made several unplanned stops crossing Kansas or Oklahoma to wait out a storm or wind event. A real hoot is crossing Kansas in a strong wind on a Harley. You lean so far into the wind for a long time that you get complacent and then, wham, wind stops and you almost tump over.
Kayak73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 03:34 PM   #105
DMA
Winnebago Camper

ETrailer has a single sink solution that's a direct replacement. About $200.
DMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 05:17 PM   #106
Winnebago Watcher

Without hesitation.
Own 24D 2019 from 2015 Phaeton 40 ft.
No regrets.
Lucky 348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 02:22 PM   #107
" Winnie Nutt "

We have a new 2019 View 24 D on a M.B. Sprinter . It has the auto queen murphy bed . Lots of room when bed is up . Comes down made up and ready for bed . Other wise we have a comfortable couch for relaxing , watching T V and storage underneath and lots more floor space . Like it very much so far . Just getting used to it . Drives and operates great with good fuel mileage . Would buy this floor plan again .

Buddy’s RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 08:30 AM   #108
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMA View Post
ETrailer has a single sink solution that's a direct replacement. About $200.
Do you have link to this sink? And, have you replaced yours and can share some pics?
Anita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 09:02 AM   #109
" Winnie Nutt "

-Have not replaced anything . Like our View double sink . So far we like the way it came
Buddy’s RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 10:20 AM   #110
Winnie-Wise

Does any of the models have a auto gen start? I would be traveling with a pair of Golden Retrievers and I want to make sure they always have AC when we're away from the coach.
Is one brand compressor fridge better than another? One to keep away from completely?
I am liking the View/Navion the more I look at it. I especially like the lithium, large inverter availability. I also would want the Diesel Gen.
Ret.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 12:57 PM   #111
UAV
Winnebago Watcher

I have to say I appreciate seeing all the input on this post that appears to have been going on for years.

That said, we are torn between two completely different coaches...but we like both.

It is between a 2020 View and the one my wife keeps going back to - a 2020 Newmar New Aire.

I know, two completely different animals.

But after seeing the new View 24D, there are some nice pros: Large Compressor Fridge, new MB Chassis, Auto Levelers, very open floorplan that is pretty amazing for a 25' coach, great design and canbinetry and, to me, not really a four season coach but let's call it a 3.5 season coach.

Downsides are the cheesy plastic toilet (easily replaceable); the very cheesy plastic shower (sort of kind of replaceable) and the bad wrap WBGO has for after the sale service and factory quality...although the quality of their Class B's and C's seems far far better than their diesel pushers!

The New Aire would be a "our last coach" scenario with everything under the sun. But even Newmar has been hit with some quality control issues lately.

The View would probably be our next to last coach.

So, do you buy your last coach now or wait and see if they View works out.

Be a huge money savings to go with the new View but if we turn around a sell it a few years later then there would be a big loss.

Anyway, if anyone has been in the same-ish boat, feel free to chime in.

Again, thanks to the six years or so of comments so far!
UAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 03:45 PM   #112
Winnie-Wise

Honestly I had kind of written off the V/N until what I saw what they were doing with solar, inverter, Lithium..........Wow!!!! Kind of sweet having it done at the factory vs buying after market components or kits. Then the big issue unless you're electrically gifted and can install it yourself finding someone who has done it and knows what they're doing.
Like most RV's customer service and dealer support is what makes the difference. I would feel good buying from Lichtsinns at Forrest City.
Ret.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 07:50 PM   #113
Winnebago Camper

We have a Winnebago View 24V 2019. The size is easy to drive and move around and it tows our equinox diesel fine. The layout works well. My main complaint is the refrigerator/freezer runs only on electric, no propane. So when we are boondocking it draws more from the batteries which run down faster requiring more generator use. We do have solar, which definitely helps with good sun. Overall we are happy and I would buy again.

Ron Boutin
rx4fishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 10:49 AM   #114
Winnebago Camper

Hi Everyone,

Firs time RV buyer here. I recently returned from a week long trip where I rented a 2016 Navion 24J. I love the handling and open living space inside.

I am considering purchasing a used one now and want to know if there are any particular years to avoid due to any major issues? Or any major upgrades. I am looking at mostly 2015,2016,2017. Any advice is appreciated.
Ldesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 10:43 AM   #115
Winnebago Camper

No, I would not buy again because of the compressor refrigerator. We do a fair amount of dry camping, and as equipped it's not suitable for a week long dry camping. I don't want to spend $150k and then add more money for additional solar power and better batteries. I contacted WBO, and they said ordering a new unit with the old style refrigerator is not an option. I'll keep my 2016.
Camper Ken 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 05:33 PM   #116
Winnebago Camper

2007 on a 2006 5cyl chassis, 23J with the good cabinets, the deep SS sink, and the big outboard LP tank. We bought it for $39k with 39K miles, now 53K total miles in 2 years of Baja, national parks and 2 full ski seasons every weekend. We love it! With just 130w of solar, 2 golf cart batteries, and a trik-l-start and a good ol propane fridge it is great. Ours may have listed around $90, would we buy another? Yes to another used one, The high dollar Navions of today have us priced out...
Old 09-11-2019, 06:00 PM   #117
Winnebago Owner

We have had 2 views. the new one a 2018 that we love but have had numerous problems. Most recent is the front cab over has stress cracks all over and Winnebago does not want to talk to us. Much as I love the view, I would look to another manufacturer as Winnebago does not want to fix any problems. When we called the customer assistance, the individual immediately went on defense and said they do not make the cab over so it was not their problem. Really, it is only two years old and they won't abide by their warranty?
plrude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 07:37 AM   #118
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjenkens View Post
We love the 24J layout and feel. My one concern is the corner bed and how the inside person gets out in the middle of the night for a trip to bathroom without disturbing their mate? How do you all deal with that?
That's the 1 thing I DO NOT like about my Aspect, the bed. Someone is getting crawled over in the middle of the night, & there's a cabinet at the end of the bed to avoid as well. Life's an adventure
Peebsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 10:11 AM   #119
Winnebago Owner

Peebsmom: that is why we went with the 24D in the first place (each person can exit the bed on their own side); plus the Murphy bed opens up the living space dramatically: kitchen gets 2 feet longer countertop & 3 drawers below (not sure how we’d store all our stuff without those drawers) PLUS one gets a daytime couch (with more storage beneath). None of these MBS variants were designed for extended “boon docking” events (apparently), but we’ve made it work just fine with running the generator when one can, and in parks where there are restricted times, I noted there was no prohibition on running the RV engine (which also charges up the batteries). Idling the engine for a couple hours doesn’t hurt the engine (I checked) and as long as there is a breeze we haven’t had a problem of exhaust fumes. As I said: it has worked fine for us.
jcurtisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 09:18 AM   #120
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret.LEO View Post
Does any of the models have a auto gen start? I would be traveling with a pair of Golden Retrievers...
Were you able to get a definitive answer about the auto Green start? We are negotiating for a 2020 View and our salesman has received conflicting information.

It appears the AGS may be available for the Onan 3600 LP generator, but not the 3200 diesel. But even this is uncertain.
b_cummings is offline   Reply With Quote