Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-27-2016, 05:34 PM   #21
Winnebago Watcher

We bought a 2017 Winnebago Navion 24J in October. Our only complaint is the bed. It's a bit small and it took a while to get use to after having an island bed in our previous trailer. The ease of parking, driving, better mileage and the nice modern interior and layout make up for the bed inconvenience. The 24J floorplan is our first choice, because it's more open.

Bob and Norma
2017 Navion 24J
USAF Retired
Explorer53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 05:36 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

We got our 2014 24V in August 2013. It was the only one they had and they were to only dealer in Oregon that would take out 1 year old lemon 5th wheel off out hands. We got a good deal, but the DW does not like our payments.

We use it often, we have just under 40,000 miles it. It is very easy to drive it has all the storage we have ever needed and we have never felt like we have ever needed a toad. It can be parked in one parking spot if it can be backed over a grassy area/

We have had 4 Nox sensors replaced on the exhaust, propane regulator and propane hose, all under warranty. DW has had a spinal fusion and both knees replaced so the twin beds are great for us.
paisleydale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 07:25 PM   #23
Winnebago Camper

I love my 2012 Navion 24G. What I like best: have had absolutely NO issues under warranty and NOTHING to take it in for except regular service. I've put 38,000 miles on since May 2012 and I do not full time. To me not having to worry about things going wrong and leaving it to get fixed says everything.
Sandi
Old 12-18-2016, 02:06 PM   #24
Winnebago Watcher

I read all these comments on the Navion 24's; all had good things to says. We will be looking at a 24 CL this week , an '08 with 23,000 miles; asking $47k. We want one w/o any slide outs, hence the CL. The mileage is low. Has had 2 owners.
Any bad things about the Navion in general; the '08 model in particular? Is this asking price high? We are 1st time buyers & any insites would be appreciated.
robertPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 09:22 AM   #25
Winnebago Owner

The only problem with models earlier than 2013 is the lack of externeral storage. The price is a little high; depending on how long it has been on the market the seller may be willing to deal.
S Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 07:11 PM   #26
Winnebago Watcher

We are new to RVing and just bought a 2017 View 24J. We love the floorpan and looking forward to decent MPG!
YogiAiredale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 05:56 AM   #27
Winnie-Wise

We are in the process of downsizing to a coach that better meets our RVing needs. We looked at them all and selected the Navion 24V. Coming from a Tiffin Phaeton 36GH to the Navion is going to be an adventure but we really liked the 24V and think the floor plan is much more workable for a small coach. Pick it up next week.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 04:49 PM   #28
Winnebago Camper

We have a 2016 24J with 20k miles so far and over 50 nights in it. We absolutely love it. Perfect for the type of "touring" we like to do with our small family. Super easy to drive and park. Great fuel economy too...
JJ Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 07:17 PM   #29
UAV
Winnebago Watcher

Perfect thead for me! We sold the 41' Navigator 2002 and are placing our order for a new 24V tomorrow! Best Floorplan for us and after checking one out. Amazed at the fact I am not really missing the Navigator. It was just getting hard to pass by so many nice spots I could not not fit into while boondocking. Keep the comments coming but I think I am sold!
UAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 10:04 AM   #30
Winnebago Owner

I would not buy another View. The OCCC of my 15 View is 960 lbs. This is less than most small cars. Mine has 4 seat belts. The View G is too heavy for the chassis. Other Views have more OCCC. IMHO the population of Sprinter MH are over weight.
I do think you can be safe. Run dry. Do not carry stuff you don't need. The problem is many put in bigger batteries, solar panels, Levelers, Sat Dish, and use it to boondock. This forces you to fill the tanks.
Will your View fail if overloaded?
Old 02-14-2017, 10:42 PM   #31
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Coffee Drink- this is what I've been trying to tell everyone. Luckily I checked the specs before buying and yes indeed, not much storage weight or passenger weight capability with the Views. Not sure why more people haven't figured this out. As a matter of fact, I believe Mercedes will be bringing out a bigger and better Sprinter chassis to take care of this problem. Leaving View owners with a big boat anchor!
gosman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 08:10 AM   #32
Winnebago Camper

View 24G Profile - Would Buy Again

We have had our View 24G Profile for 2 years now and have made 2 trips from Denver to Maine and 2 trips to Washington State. I would buy this model again as it is perfect for the 2 of us.

There has been a lot of negativity here about the OCCC, but our OCCC on the Profile is 1350# as we do not have the cab-over bunk. This is more than adequate for the 2 of us, and the 5000# tow capacity is adequate for a wide selection of toads, up to and including a Jeep Wrangler. We tow a Miata.

As far as warranty items, we did have the high pressure propane line recalled and repaired. Unfortunately, this was followed by a propane regulator failure that we paid out of pocket to repair while we were on a trip. I found out later that this is a common failure after the line replacement and may be covered under warranty. We also have the air bag recall and that repair is still pending after a year; not Mercedes or Winnebago's fault, but frustrating just the same. We had an O2 sensor failure and coach battery failure also under warranty.

There were 2 issues that I would chalk up to a lack of quality on Winnebago's part; the first would be the collapse of the bed platform. Because the bed is in a rear slide, this platform can see some stress when moving the slide. We repaired ours with some corner brackets and finish screws with grommets for reinforcement. The second is that the exhaust pipe hung too low in front of the rear dual tires (only about 4 inches off the pavement), resulting in that snagging on a lip of pavement at the edge of the road while exiting a parking lot. This jammed the pipe under the duals and required a service call and expensive exhaust system work to fix. I highly recommend looking for this and fixing it before it's a problem! Mercedes said the exhaust routing was by the coach manufacturer.

Long post perhaps, but real-world experience that might help someone else.
Old 02-15-2017, 04:21 PM   #33
Winnebago Owner

Quote "The second is that the exhaust pipe hung too low in front of the rear dual tires (only about 4 inches off the pavement), resulting in that snagging on a lip of pavement at the edge of the road while exiting a parking lot. This jammed the pipe under the duals and required a service call"

For those with a tail pipe in front of the rear wheels, a simple fix you can do your self. Loosen the exhaust clamp rotate it so the threads point up and back. You may also look at the generator it's exhaust hangers are also potential hazard.
I know it's not the way it is done but it won't hurt anything but might save you some grief. Don't change the distance between the coach and exhaust the heat will melt your door, check the heat when the DPF is cycling.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:12 PM   #34
Winnebago Camper

"Don't change the distance between the coach and exhaust the heat will melt your door, check the heat when the DPF is cycling."

Good point, but the exhaust is now no closer to the coachwork than the as-installed location on many other RVs, including other Views, that I have observed on dealer lots. The as-installed height on mine was unacceptable. I can only offer my personal experience, and I certainly don't want to mislead anyone into making a costly mistake as presented above.
Old 12-13-2017, 07:19 AM   #35
Winnebago Camper

I've only owned my a year, but within that year I have put 15,000 miles on going from Dallas to the Florida Keys, Grand Canyon, MOAB, Colorado, Big Bend NP, Smoky Mountain NP, Charleston SC, and New Orleans. Love everything about the unit and would buy same floorplan again because it fits our needs perfectly.
Old 12-14-2017, 10:25 AM   #36
Winnebago Owner

Navion IQ TB

Yes, we live in Alaska so we drive long distances, this unit twice to Utah down and back. Down Cassiar Alcan, Top of world Hyw, Dempster to Arctic Circle.
It is the perfect size for two, Joyce even enjoys driving it, she says it drives like a dream. We don’t have the over head bunk so the wind doesn’t push us around and it looks better.
Old 01-09-2018, 06:48 PM   #37
Winnebago Camper

2006 wv j

We have had ours for a year and a half and would definitely buy another one.
I am responding because we bought an older higher milage rig than most posting on this thread. We have had many different campers over the years. The Sprinter has much more room in the front passenger side that Ford. We both are are used to traveling light so the weight issues don't bother us. The milage is very nice. we stay in State and county parks and boondocks. We have added 200 watts of solar and a few more mods.
ForestF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 07:27 PM   #38
Living The Dream

We would obviously buy a View/Navion again .... on our third one now! Thought after the first two we needed a bigger rig and we did enjoy that for about 3 1/2 years, then back to a View.
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 07:36 PM   #39
Winnebago Camper

We bought a 2017 View 24J in January and love it! Taking trips with two kids, the bunk and dinette give them their own beds. Also way more space once the slide is out. Tons of storage outside and inside, and that even with two kids.

We chose the 2013+ model because the rear bed is slightly longer and I'm 6'3" tall. I wish the bed was a bit wider but works fine as it is.

We would buy it again if kids are still around. But we may downsize to class B/+ if they're out to college by then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjenkens View Post
We love the 24J layout and feel. My one concern is the corner bed and how the inside person gets out in the middle of the night for a trip to bathroom without disturbing their mate? How do you all deal with that?
Pee bottle?
fourgonbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 07:38 PM   #40
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffie Drink View Post
I would not buy another View. The OCCC of my 15 View is 960 lbs. This is less than most small cars. Mine has 4 seat belts. The View G is too heavy for the chassis. Other Views have more OCCC. IMHO the population of Sprinter MH are over weight.
I do think you can be safe. Run dry. Do not carry stuff you don't need. The problem is many put in bigger batteries, solar panels, Levelers, Sat Dish, and use it to boondock. This forces you to fill the tanks.
Will your View fail if overloaded?
Have you actually had an issue with things breaking for being over capacity?

This is a valid concern but may never actually be a real issue.

My 24J 2017 View has a OCCC of 1260# or something. Not sure why there's such a big difference with yours.
fourgonbound is offline   Reply With Quote