Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2017, 01:32 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

View 25G- Radio/nav unit dead

Went to pickup my unit from storage today and the storage place said they needed to jump start the unit this morning to move it out for me. I am unable to power on the Radio / Nav unit now.

I Checked the sprinter fuses for the radio and they are fine nothing else seems to be affected. (ie lighter is on same fuse and it works)
Has anyone experienced this after a jump that could shed some light on what else to check?

TIA
Steve
Stevec4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 01:53 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Did you disconnect your chassis (engine) battery when you put your 24G into storage? Given the Sprinter's unique ability to completely discharge the engine battery in 2-3 weeks, you may simply not have enough voltage to run the Radio/Nav unit. Try flipping the radio power toggle switch to house batteries and see if that works.

If you still have problems, check your manual on how to reset the radio.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 03:02 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the help. The chassis battery was disconnected. it was in storage for the winter I expected it to need a jump I just wish they waited until I got their to do it.

I drove it for a few hours everything seems to be charged back up and have tried putting the radio on the house batts while running the genset to no avail looks to me like its not getting power.

before I pull the dash apart to check for power at the unit has anyone installed or replaced the infotainment unit was there an inline fuse buried in the dash?

If its truly dead does anyone know if there is a source for replacement units/upgrades ?

Steve
Old 05-06-2017, 03:42 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Just wanted to update this pulled the dash apart today and there is indeed a inline fuse from the Battery its a 10 fuse and it was blown.

Problem is now when I replace it blows again. now to figure out why.

Steve
Old 05-07-2017, 07:40 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I was wondering if anyone can offer some help trying to trace a wire?

GT / 16 YEL RADIO POWER SWITCH (MEMORY FEED) RADIO (MEMORY FEED)
186810-01-00-<b> GT

http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/2013/13_524g_wire.htm

I traced it into a wire bundle and have no idea where it goes from there.
The inline fuse is a 10A fuse if I disconnect the connector from the back of the infotainment system and replace the fuse its fine. Once I plug it into the back of the infotainment system the fuse blows.

Thanks
Steve
Old 05-07-2017, 07:48 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Do you have a multimeter or a 12V test light? Test the circuit before you plug it back into the unit (test light is handy here). If the fuse is not blowing, the fault is in the infotainment system. I would contact the unit manufacturer.

I've got a bad feeling that the "jump start" you received was the cause of this and probably a few more undiscovered problems.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 11:51 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

That was my feeling as well Roger. I tested the circuit and it is showing 12 volts. As soon as I plug it in to the infotainment unit it blows so I was thinking the same thing that its fried.

So far this is the only thing I have found.
Thanks again for the assistance.
Steve
Old 05-17-2017, 05:16 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Just a follow up on this. the infotainment unit was replaced by riverpark under warranty - installed and working again.

The big thing I found with this problem is that 10a fuse buried behind the radio in the center console. If it blows then its a real pia to get at.

Steve

Tags
radio