Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-02-2022, 06:36 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

View 24V Rear Bed replaced

Hello all, I just replaced my rear bed on my rig and just wanted to let you all know that options are available.

I used Mattress Insider for the replacement and just got it today. I have custom made sheets coming soon from India from an ETSY seller. After 2-1/2 years of sleeping on the horrible base mattress, I am seriously looking forward to a real bed again.

Plus in case you were wondering about the table base under the bed, I had Winnebago add another table in the rear since we travel with at least 3 of our kids and sometimes one or two additional.. Yeah real small and tight. Lol

If you want to see a picture of that set up I can send that also. My rig has so many custom items that I have added to make it ours.

Hope this post will help others looking for a better nights sleep.

Databoy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 06:23 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Hey thanks for the info. we have the 24V, love it except the firm mattress are an issue.Were heading our soon for a sixty day road trip. I was thinking of going to a local upholstery shop. My thinking is maybe they could slice 2" off the thickness of the existing foam that could be replace with a foam topper while still fitting back in to the original upholstery? Were you able to reuse the original covers?
Sparky19053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 11:19 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

No, we have new sheets coming in this week from India that we had custom made. BTW this is the table set up and it still works with the new thicker mattress too.

I probably should have taken another image as it looks like the table is touching the mattress but it has at least 5-6 inches of space between the bottom of the table and the top of the mattress. I so far am very happy with what we have done to make it ours..
Old 04-11-2022, 10:06 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

My wife cut, spliced, and reseamed some Walmart queen and king sheets to make a sleep sack for each of the twin beds. We never use the center bed cushion, so just took it out and left it at home.

We also took the table out and left it at home. If we know we will be having four for dinner, we can put the table back in, with the two in the theater seats using it and the two in the front seats using the two TV trays we always have with us. We have used TV trays instead of the OEM tables in all our RVs. But in the fifth wheel, we also had a card table and two folding chairs replacing the fixed dining table and four wooden chairs.
Old 04-14-2022, 02:38 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Well the sheets came in and I am very happy with the complete installation now. They are also now making me a mattress protector that will cover the full mattress too.

Tags
ace, replace, view