Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-10-2022, 04:52 AM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Final comment, I did have a HVAC technician check my unit. There was no 410A coolant in the system. He pressurized it but found NO noticeable leaks. He recharge it and added a sealer to hopefully plug any pinhole there would be. The unit does cool (pretty well) now but I measured the compressor amps and it increased from 4 to 7.1 amps, but is still less than the 11.6 running amps on the nameplate. I don't know, I guess I will have to live with it. It might be ok. PS. I paid $250 for the tech. including tip. Thanks for all of your help everyone. It did help.
Dougherzog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 06:01 AM   #22
Winnebago Camper

I’m glad you found someone to charge it. I didn’t even try since I heard it would be unlikely since they would need to install a charge port too. I also got lucky with my used eBay find to hold me over.

The 11.6 is a rating at a certain outside air temp so your 7.1 may be okay for you current state.
Jfedor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 07:50 AM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougherzog View Post
Final comment, I did have a HVAC technician check my unit.
Youre very lucky. Ive been told its very difficult to find a tech that will get up on the roof to do that work.
Old 07-10-2022, 12:57 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Youre very lucky. Ive been told its very difficult to find a tech that will get up on the roof to do that work.
Wonder why? Fear of heights? I can't imagine why that would be an issue with what the average HVAC technician charges.

Anyway, if it is charged with the proper amount and cooling properly I wouldn't worry about lower than nameplate amps. That's a bonus

Tags
roof, view