Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-06-2020, 06:34 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

View 24G - bike rack recommendations please

We own a 2017 Winnebago View 24 G with a rear slide. Is there any way to install a bike rack, and what would work best? I suppose bikes would need to be removed every time we want to extend the slide. Thanks for the info.
Old 12-11-2020, 04:08 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Suggest considering getting folding bikes that are small enough to go in the basement or in the cabover sleeping area.
Elkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 04:39 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I have a swing away bike rack on mine - it's a combination of two commercial racks and some homebrew metal work so I won't bore you with details as it likely can't be duplicated today - but there are a few swing away commercial racks available - and Thule makes the Access which converts any rack to a swing away - have a look around - there should be a solution that won't require removing the bikes to open your slide -
jayelldouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 09:36 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

You can get a 1 UP rack that will fold down. Best bike racks made. It has tire channels that allow for only contact with the bike is the tires. 1 UP USA. Made in America, lifetime warranty. I have traveled across the country several times with mine. It will also handle heavier e-bikes. I am not affiliated with 1 UP. I think best out there. Good luck
mtnbikertn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
view