Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-06-2019, 07:38 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Via/Porta vs View/Navion

Looking to possibly upgrade from our Class B to a Class C. I’m trying to determine the major differences between the Via/Porta models compared with the View/Navion models. There’s quite a price difference. Thanks. Is it amenities included, material quality, or all of the mentioned. Thanks!
Raxel7851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 08:13 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Not sure about amenities, but there are 3 floorplans in the 3' longer coaches. Maybe more standard equipment than optional equipment, and a more MB "pure" chassis add to the cost of the View/Navion.
This might interest you.
http://www.winnieowners.com/forums/f...se-355834.html
Winterbagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 03:57 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

check out the videos at lichtsinn.com they have an extensive library of videos. Also give them a call, or any other dealer if you care, the sales person should be able to help you regardless if you buy from them or anywhere else.
Old 12-01-2019, 12:28 AM   #4
Winnebago Vita 24P

Other than my other post with inverter and refrigerator failure, my 24p Vita is outstanding. Love the layout, and the driveability is fantastic. Price to function and accessories supplied is great. I can do a lot of mods before I reach the price point of the View/Navion models. The Vita I purchased had a huge discount, suspect because it was on a 2018 chassis though produced as a 2020 model. Fuel economy and power are fantastic, O(lot better than my Ford f 150 and 28 foot Trail lite trailer) And of course so much easier in every respect.
lenore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 06:55 AM   #5
Winnebago Vita 24P

THe Vita is a base sprinter class c. Has most desired accessories (solar, electric step, generator, electric awning, microwave/oven, powered vent, 7.5 cubic foot refrigerator, inverter). That being said the unit is clean and simple with a very large slide 24p with a walkaround queen. I like the access to bathroom and refrigerator with slide in which makes it very nice while traveling. Many without seeing it first hand bad mouth the interior and storage, but I will tell you it has a lot. The rig is very tall at 11 feet 6 inches but the interior height is also very nice. We are truly enjoying the huge slide out space. no cramping the kitchen and dinette and makes dancing nice. The front seats swivel, providing more sitting area for guests. We like the plain interior (no 80's flowers or designs) gives us our own ability to make it home. The bathroom bi-hinged door truly does make the bath larger. Wiring for addition solar and bedroom TV is already installed. Mine was discounted by over $56k making it very attractive. The money saved will provide me with mods money to make it mine. I already did the suspension, auto power switch for house to generator, maxi fan, full vent covers, usb ports in dash, power guage for house batteries. Still want tire extenders for air, and have the new Pioneer to replace the BOSS unit in dash. By the way the BOSS unit is garbage. Storage on outside is outstanding. I also put in access to rear of refrigerator in one of the storage units for service. The Rear bumper is not sleek but a good old square tube. The Vita is a nice functional unit without all the bells and whistles but with a great price point. Time will tell how it holds up. The quality control is terrible, but from what I am reading on these forums that is what the RV industry is producing. The sprinter chassis is really nice handling, and I hope gives me great service life. I see the resale on these is very high and that is why I ended up with new (mine was the RV lost leader on TV so I feel we got a really good deal). A few more mods and correcting what I can off the poor quality control and I feel this unit will meet our needs for a long time. The length is perfect for going anywhere except the highway to the sun in Glacier. ( we did that a long time ago with a very old 24 foot Coachman, very scary and beautiful). I wish more folks would find these forums that own these VITA and Porta rigs so we can share. I only see the NAVION and VIEWS so far.
lenore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 09:55 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

I agree. Looking at buying a Porto for my first RV and can’t find any info or reviews on quality of workmanship and reliability other then on MB Sprinter chasis. I know its a new model, but would love tp hear from some Porto owners.
Findingbenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 09:52 AM   #7
Winnebago Vita 24P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findingbenji View Post
I agree. Looking at buying a Porto for my first RV and can’t find any info or reviews on quality of workmanship and reliability other then on MB Sprinter chasis. I know its a new model, but would love tp hear from some Porto owners.
First join the Winnebago Vita Porto owners on facebook, we are 300 and growing with lots of info on what you want. That being said the RV industry quality control is poor. But the basic unit is great. When you own an RV now expect to become a DIY or you will be at the mercy of waiting weeks/months for service to repair items. Whatever you do dont drive it off the lot if you purchase one if you see issues, They will not fix it for a long time.
Old 09-10-2020, 06:26 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Hi, We have a 2020 Porto, purchased in early July and we really like it. Been out 3 times so far for a total of 9 nights, all boondocking and in the mountains on forest roads. Compared to other models it is "basic" in interior finishes and fixtures but for us it is perfectly fine. We don't want fancy. We're camping!
But it covers all the major bases for systems and comfort and the MB chassis we have is great. The handling is easy and the safety systems really add to our confidence while driving. Gas mileage has been good so far. I would highly recommend these models though I obviously don't know your tastes and expectations. But the 2020 Porto exceeded ours and we're pretty experienced campers.
One extra point is that the turning radius is great, which pleases my significant other because, well, you know, sometimes, always(?) you want to see what's just a little further ahead and sometimes that means . . .turning around. But we have already done that on forest roads, and while it takes a bit of effort, it has been just fine.
edomneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 06:27 AM   #9
Winnebago Vita 24P

After have put 7k miles on ours this year, I made the right decision for price point. Yup modified the heck out of it but I am not wanting anything other than a two view back up camera. Driving is a pleasure both on mountains and curvy roads. Fuel consumption mostly in moutains and some flat has been around 13mpg. Dinette is a little tight (OUR TRAVEL trailers was larger) but the spacious cabin is fantastic. For the difference in price over Navion/View I will take Vita with its larger carrying capacity and lower cost.
Old 06-18-2021, 11:39 AM   #10
Recon Scout

Just purchased a one year old (2020) Vita 24F, having traded in a 2011 Coachmen 41’ DP, no longer needing the bigger rig. Having read about the small plastic toilet, I replaced it immediately with a porcelain, only adding a pound or two in weight. I also hung a smart TV on the wall for the master bed area and added a blue ray DVD player to the lounge TV. My wife made the dinette into a day bed for better lounging. Getting ready for a 5000 mile trip out west. The 1800+ cargo capacity on the 24F is more than enough for just the two of us now. So far extremely happy with this unit.
Fedexflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 11:57 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

We just started with the day bed concept in the dinette and it is great! Glad we learned about that, and our dogs really love it.
edomneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 01:06 PM   #12
Winnie-Wise

The used motorhomes will have a 3-way fridge and a two propane burner cooktop and so work better for dry camping than the new models. Same issues of minimal load capacity with the Sprinter 3500 chassis that if one filled up the freshwater, gray, and black tanks the RVs are at 100% of the OCCC before one adds the weight of the driver and any passengers or pets.
Elkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 10:23 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

With 480W of solar panels and 250Ah of lithium batteries and a diesel generator (using the Sprinter's fuel tank), we're satisfied with using the compressor refrigerator, convection microwave and induction cooktop - all using electricity, rather than relying on the smaller LP fuel tank - especially after making multiple trips in subfreezing temperatures when we used a lot of LP to heat our View.

For dry camping, our biggest constraint is fresh water. With the 30 gallon tank, we usually need to add fresh water about every 3 days and dump the tanks every 5-6 days. With the solar panels and if we can run the generator for a short period each day, we have enough electricity to power the refrigerator, microwave and our electronics.
rprochnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 12:45 PM   #14
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedexflyer View Post
Just purchased a one year old (2020) Vita 24F, having traded in a 2011 Coachmen 41’ DP, no longer needing the bigger rig. Having read about the small plastic toilet, I replaced it immediately with a porcelain, only adding a pound or two in weight. I also hung a smart TV on the wall for the master bed area and added a blue ray DVD player to the lounge TV. My wife made the dinette into a day bed for better lounging. Getting ready for a 5000 mile trip out west. The 1800+ cargo capacity on the 24F is more than enough for just the two of us now. So far extremely happy with this unit.
We love our 24 F too. What porcelain toilet did you install? We would love to do that! Thanks.
Susan85118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 01:20 PM   #15
Recon Scout

I originally attempted to install the Dometic 320, but it was too long and didn't fit. I then got the Dometic 310. In the bathroom there is paneling low against the wall that covers the plumbing lines, I had to trim it back some to make the water line fit the new toilet. Not a difficult install at all, and we love it now.
cgflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 05:10 PM   #16
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you. It says that the Dometic 310 requires a 10” rough-in. It looks like our bolts which are supposed to be the center of the flange are about 8 3/4” from the wall (not the boxed-in part). Did you move the flange or go into the wall? I really want to make this work!
Old 10-30-2022, 08:14 PM   #17
Recon Scout

The Dometic 310 fit my flange. It was tight to the wall, I just had to cut some of the paneling to allow the water hose to fit better without kinking.
cgflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 08:57 AM   #18
Winnebago Vita 24P

I moved the flange with a offset flange kit from Lowes. Had to move hole about 1.5 inches and re-support the flooring where the hole used to be. After that I added a Bidet. Totally loving the porcelin toilet. the Bidet is awsome also. Cuts down on shower use, For all Vita/Porto folks please join Vita and Porto wannebees on FB. We are a great group with lots of ideas and lovely places to go.

By the way in staying with this thread, Have driven 33k miles now and totally am happy with the Vita 24P. Wife and I find being on the road is a pleasure (so far longest 35 days) but want to go longer. I have made numerous modifications to make it ours. Still way cheaper than the View/Navion and we can carry more weight.
We upgraded to towing a Honda CRV and the Vita pulls it everywhere with ease.
Old 11-06-2022, 02:14 PM   #19
Winnebago Watcher

How did you remove the waterline from the original toilet? It doesn’t appear to be screw on…..help!
Old 11-14-2022, 07:51 AM   #20
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgflyer View Post
I originally attempted to install the Dometic 320, but it was too long and didn't fit. I then got the Dometic 310. In the bathroom there is paneling low against the wall that covers the plumbing lines, I had to trim it back some to make the water line fit the new toilet. Not a difficult install at all, and we love it now.
Did you move the flange? It is off by about a half inch on ours. Thank you