Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2020, 03:08 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

TV power - 2017 Minnie Winnie 26A

We’ve lost power in our bedroom TV. The larger TV in the front of the home has voltage at dc connector. I verified that there is none at dc connector with volt meter. Had TV power checked and it’s ok. I assume then that it’s a power supply for TV that’s bad? Does anyone know where the PS’s are located? Any other thought? We have a 2017 Minnie Winnie 26A.
Jrb46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 03:28 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Here's the TV/DVD Wiring Installation diagram for your coach, in case it's helpful.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 03:38 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

I suspect there is some confusion as I pretty sure you are dealing with 110 AC, not 12 VDC. So that means double careful if not used to working with power as it definitely can hurt you!!!
This is the drawing for your RV and it shows both TV as being fed from the same breaker and down the same stream or feed of wiring.
https://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/2017/000213334.pdf
Give this a look to see what I mean as there are only one or two connections between the first tV and the bedroom TV. When not familiar with this game, it may be more reliable to use something like a lamp to test for power at the outlets as it is simple and safe to do to avoid as much chance of shock as possible.
Connect Ac power, plug lamp into first TV outlet and see it works, then move to second TV outlet and find if it works or not. If lamp works, problem is in TV or cord, plug, etc. but if lamp doesn't work, look for loose wires or such at that outlet or the one under the galley cabinet. Disconnect main power cord before opening box if not used to this work.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 03:48 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
I suspect there is some confusion as I pretty sure you are dealing with 110 AC, not 12 VDC.
The link before your post indicates it is a 12 volt TV. Don't tell my wife such things exist!

To the OP, there are 12 volt fuses and on my unit a red LED will light up above any fuse that is blown. On my unit the 12 volt fuses are next to the 120 volt fuses. That's the first place I would look if it is in fact a 12 volt TV.

If it's a 12 volt TV and you're not getting power at the connector I doubt a power supply of any type is at issue.
Old 08-31-2020, 11:59 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

12 volt tv problem

cbeierl thanks it’s not quite what we have. But our TV’s are 12v dc not 110. I have a barrel 12v connector at ea tv, just like the connector from a plug in lighter cable. I think a customer call to Winnebago might solve my problem. Thanks again stay tuned!
Old 08-31-2020, 01:28 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Okay, I can see now there are two options, 68 T and 68 X for bedroom TV or not, and it can be read as a 12vdc connection.
But that doesn't mean there is a power supply as such like we might find at home. At home we come in 110 AC and the power supply converts it to 12VDC for the item to work. But in a vehicle where we are normally 12VDC, there is no need for a stand alone power supply as the battery is already 12VDC!
I see it as a wiring harness going from the bedroom TV to the power load center without breaks or connections shown until it get to the back of the load center.
If not getting a better idea from Winn., I might suggest going to the 12VDC outlet, pulling it and looking for the wire ID printed on each wire. I "suspect" it will be a two letter code, possibly JC, JD, or JE as they are prone to combining things and the light circuits might be where they hid the TV power and did not label it on the fuse panel.
This is the Wire ID list that will show from and to for the wire ID you should find at the outlet and at the powerload center.
Then the next big guess would be that either there is a fuse blown, not making contact or the wire is loose on the back of one end or the other. Lucky folks might find it has dropped off the back of the outlet as an easy one to find and fix!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wire ID.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	174835   Click image for larger version

Name:	tvwire.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	174836  

Old 08-31-2020, 04:01 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

TV 12 volt

Morich thanks for the info. It appears there may be a splitter although since I can’t get a true schematic from Winnebago on line, i’ll Just start at the power center and see where things lead me.
Old 08-31-2020, 05:32 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

By splitter, do you mean for power, like a branch at a tee, etc.? None that I spot but that is not certain that there is not one!
Were you able to find anything when pulling the 12v plug out of the wall. Lots of those have tabs on the plug and a form of quik-connect which I do find can get pulled off pretty easy. I might also mention that an open ground can also kill things, just to remind you to look at both battery and ground. Something like this might get pulled off pretty easy:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Cigarette...-12V/699666486
Old 08-31-2020, 07:26 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Just fyi, my 2005 Vectra 36RD came with a 12V flat screen TV mounted in the bedroom, but it was powered by a 120VAC 12V adapter which plugged into an outlet hidden in the top of the medicine cabinet (which was on the other side of the wall from the TV).

Old 08-31-2020, 07:39 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

120vac to 12vdc

Now that is interesting. There is a plug (110) in a cabinet above the range and that might be the same thing here. Thanks again.
Old 08-31-2020, 08:45 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeierl View Post
Just fyi, my 2005 Vectra 36RD came with a 12V flat screen TV mounted in the bedroom, but it was powered by a 120VAC 12V adapter which plugged into an outlet hidden in the top of the medicine cabinet (which was on the other side of the wall from the TV).
So you had to plug into shore power or run the genset to get 110AC , plug an adapter/power supply into the 110 to get it down to 12VDC?
I would not even start to argue with what you had but it sure does sound like going the long way around to get a 12Volt supply for a TV when most of the things we have inside an RV are already 12Volt!!!
Maybe the engineers were just having a bad day when they came up with that plan?
Not one I would have thought of but I do know that there are lots of ways to get to the same point.
Old 08-31-2020, 09:20 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
So you had to plug into shore power or run the genset to get 110AC , plug an adapter/power supply into the 110 to get it down to 12VDC?
I would not even start to argue with what you had but it sure does sound like going the long way around to get a 12Volt supply for a TV when most of the things we have inside an RV are already 12Volt!!!
Maybe the engineers were just having a bad day when they came up with that plan?
Not one I would have thought of but I do know that there are lots of ways to get to the same point.
Well, I also have a 2000W inverter which powers (almost) the whole coach, except for the A/C, washer/dryer, and dishwasher. So I pretty much always have 12VDC and 120VAC available, whether I'm plugged in, running the generator, or just the inverter. Given that the front TV and AV equipment all need 120VAC I suspect that it was just a matter of the bedroom TVs they had being 12V.

Tags
power