Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2016, 10:11 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Trend Loft Bed

Does anyone have any idea what the weight max for the loft bed would be?
I'm thinking the Trend will be my next purchase and trying to decide between the L with the permanent bed and the loft versus the B with the loft and the sofa.

Thanks!
ARodden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 02:18 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

It's 450 pounds. Super comfortable, too, in my opinion. The Trend is amazing, our 4th motorhome since 2003 and hands down our favorite, none of the others are even close.
rollins215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 03:43 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Loft Bed

Thank you!
I am so glad to hear the Trend is the best out of the 4 you have owned. I'm picking mine up next weekend and I am excited!!!!! I went with the 23B because of the increased interior storage. Hopefully, getting in and out of the loft won't be too much of a challenge LOL
Old 04-02-2016, 03:58 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Wow awesome! It's not too bad, you just step on the couch or dinette and you're practically there. The 23B is the best in my opinion because with the bed up you have a ton of space, no need for a slideout at all. Check out our owners Facebook group and also our Yahoo group, too, lots of info and hood people at both.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1745...ref=ts&fref=ts

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Viva-Trend-2
Old 06-28-2016, 11:31 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

We are quite interested in the Trend/Fuse. I tried to join the Facebook group, we'll see if a Mod notices. We are newbies, never even been in a MH driving down a road. So my wife likes that it's like a big van, not a coach. Don't really want a toad either. And we like the Fuse's floorplan with twin beds and slide. I don't think the drop down bed is available on the 2017 Trend either, is that right? Looks like we can probably get one new for about $80-85k including tax in AZ.
thebignewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 01:30 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Yeah, no dropdown bed in the twin bed model of the Trend. The biggest differences between the Trend and Fuse models with the twins is really diesel & rear-wheel drive vs. gas & front-wheel drive. I guess the Fuse is a bit more expensive, too, and the generator runs off of LP as well.
Old 06-28-2016, 11:15 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Ques. on trend

Hi,
Saw the trend 23B this weekend and loved the layout. But had a few questions. Despite two of us trying, we could not get the passenger seat to recline much. Does it have a very upright position or were we not doing the right thing?

The sofa looked like it could be made up into a full time twin bed. However the one I looked at had a broken latch for one side. As a result it seemed very loose and looked like it would rattle around when driving. When the latches are in good shape are they secure and tight? If someone were to sit in it while driving (like my dogs were sitting on it) would it feel like it was anchored or would it move a bit?

How is the driving experience? I saw an article comparing the Ford Diesel, Mercedes Sprinter and Ram ProMaster and the Ram did not fare well. But wanted to get real world input from those who had driven it. Also the 2015 brochure shows this chassis in gas and diesel. Which do you have?

It appears on Winnebago's web site that they aren't offering the 23B any more. Anyone know why they discontinued the 23B? The one I looked at showed as a 2016 model but maybe it was left over from last year.

How is it working with the drop down bed? How do you make it up or is a sleeping bag the best bet? Can you leave all the blankets and pillows on it when you raise it? What is your method for getting up there?

How do you feel about the 24 gallon fuel tank? It appears the gas chassis has a gas generator and the diesel chassis has an LP one. About how much driving do you get when running the generator for AC before needing to fill up?

Thanks!
micd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 12:49 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

The Trend (and Fuse, and Itasca brother Viva I think) now all come in 2 FPs, the one with the corner bed (L) and the one with the split twin beds and BR in the back (I think A is Trend, D is Fuse). No drop down bed in Fuse, and only with L in Trend. I think. Now the A/D has a slide driver's side. I don't have one but that's what I know.
Old 07-03-2016, 12:36 PM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

I know the seat backs are both hard to recline and the passenger one does not go back too far because of the dinette seat.

Both of the latches on my sofa do latch so it isn't loose and doesn't rattle when going down the road. I don't think the seat would move while in motion. At least mine hasn't. It might be a bit slick for the dog though unless you went ahead and put it down into a bed.

Driving the Trend is a dream compared to the Class C I used to have. It's more aerodynamic and just like driving my car. Mine is gas and I'm getting about 16 mpg.

I'm not sure why the 23B has been discontinued. I love mine. More storage than the 23L.

The loft bed is fine. I do sheets, blankets and pillows just like at home. I normally make it up before camping. You can raise it up with the bedding and it's ready every night. I have a ladder and didn't realize until after the fact that you can't use the ladder if the sofa and dinette are also made into a bed. If the bottom bed is made, it's easy to climb into the loft by stepping up on the bed.

The 24 gallon gas tank is fine. If you are going on a long trip, you need to get out and stretch your legs. Stopping for gas is a great time to do just that.

I have enjoyed mine so far 😊

Allison Rodden
2015 Trend 23B
Old 07-03-2016, 04:15 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

A couple of other differences between the Fuse 23a and the Trend 23d. The cabinets in the Fuse slide verses swing up to open. The Bathroom door on the Fuse is a pocket door vs a traditional swinging door on the Trend. The Fuse has a curtain that is removable between the bedroom and living room. The Trend has a permanent accordion curtain between the two spaces. Fuse has an LP generator vs gasoline generator on Trend. More cargo capacity on the Fuse vs the Trend. More outside storage on the Fuse vs the trend. Both of the Front seats rotate on the Trend, only the passenger seat rotates on the Fuse. I want to say the list prices were about the same but my memory is from March.

Both are great motorhomes. We had a hard time deciding and I really doubt you would go wrong with either choice. Believe it or not it was the bathroom door and the cabinet doors that pushed us to the Fuse.

Don
Tallahassee Fl
2017 Fuse 23a
The conFUSEd RVer
dp226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 10:48 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

The Fuse is more $$ because it's a diesel (Ford) whereas the Trend is gasoline engine (Dodge). That's what the salesman told me.