Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2016, 09:02 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Tow power: Aspect or View (new)

I tow a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara (4300#s) with Winnebago Journey. Interested in a new Aspect or View. Which one would provide the best towing power?
Old 08-11-2016, 10:58 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sid View Post
I tow a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara (4300#s) with Winnebago Journey. Interested in a new Aspect or View. Which one would provide the best towing power?

Both RVs have a 5,000 lb. towing limit so your Jeep is pushing close to the max, especially if 4300# is the vehicle's dry weight. I'd think most will feel that the Aspect would seem like the better of the two RVs since it's substantially heavier than the View. I've never driven the Aspect though and don't know how they compare in towing power.
Old 08-15-2016, 04:23 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

You cannot make the decision solely on the hitch capacity. Check the chassis specs on the View. While the hitch can handle 5000#, the chassis cannot if it is carrying the full OCC specified weight. You would definitely be better off with the Aspect where the GCWR minus GCVR is 7500# vs 4220# on the View.
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 11:54 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmac View Post
You cannot make the decision solely on the hitch capacity.
You can if what you want to tow will likely exceed the hitch limit. But yeah, every weight limit should be checked in the end.

Also, in the end, we can't rely on web listed specs. Who knows how they got to those numbers and different options change the vehicle weight in a big way.
Old 08-16-2016, 09:17 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Also consider brakes.
Most 5000lbs trailers have their own brakes. A jeep in tow will push a lot!
TDI-Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 12:34 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDI-Minnie View Post
Also consider brakes.
Most 5000lbs trailers have their own brakes. A jeep in tow will push a lot!

when towing a heavy vehicle you need to use a brake control for the vehicle, be very difficult to stop with out one.
Old 08-19-2016, 08:11 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for great input.

Big Sid

Tags
power, tow