Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-15-2021, 05:48 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Total 12v electrical failure- 2020 View 24J

No 12 volt system at all. Happened when I tried to start the generator. I heard a pop and then everything shut down. Xantrex controller 601 fault - battery disconnect. All fuses seem ok but I don’t know where the main fuse coming off the batteries (40 or 60 amp). Can anyone point me in the right direction? Fortunately I am on my way to Forest City to have the service center fix a bunch of things. 3 day drive and I would really appreciate 12 volt power. Inverter works by the way.
Dmarcian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 06:42 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

If the inverter still works, that means it is getting 12V through its own breaker. That means your supposition that it is a main DC breaker that has tripped is probably correct. Can't help you with the location but you also need to find the cause of why it tripped.

It does seem related to the generator starting circuit. Usually that is protected by a separate 100A breaker from the circuit that powers the converter, so it is puzzling why the converter circuit shut down.

Basically you need to follow the circuits with a voltmeter and see where it is open.

David
Old 10-15-2021, 07:36 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmarcian View Post
No 12 volt system at all. Happened when I tried to start the generator. I heard a pop and then everything shut down. Xantrex controller 601 fault - battery disconnect. All fuses seem ok but I don’t know where the main fuse coming off the batteries (40 or 60 amp). Can anyone point me in the right direction? Fortunately I am on my way to Forest City to have the service center fix a bunch of things. 3 day drive and I would really appreciate 12 volt power. Inverter works by the way.
There are lots of diagrams and drawings online to look for this sort of things but you'venot given any idea of what RV year, and make you are asking about, so there is no way to say where parts might be located or even if you have that part! Very few will know what a 20VJ is without a lot of looking!
Parts here:
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm
Electrical here:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ram/Wiring.htm

Meantime it might be worth noting that you DO have 12 volt power if the engine starts and the inverter works as they both need 12 volts??

This is the color code for battery cables if they are still on your Rv as they tend to drop off as it gets older.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	battery cable code.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	181082  
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 09:08 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

2020 View J. It was in the title line. Chassis electric fine. Trying to find the Xantrex fuse. I have power to the inverter but no 12 volt power to lights, fridge etc. batteries fully charged. Thanks
Dmarcian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical, view