Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2017, 08:03 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Swivel Sink

We have a 2017 24G which has the swivel sink in the bath.
It does give you more room in a smaller space but comes with it's own issues.
Shortly after purchase we heard water running in the night. Took cover off the pedestal and found one of the supply pipe connections to be loose. After tightening it we haven't had issues with THAT.
Couple of days ago I found alot of water on the floor but pump wasn't running this time.
Took cover off pedestal again and found the drain completely apart.
Took drain apart and reassembled and tightened. Ran water and no leaks but as soon as the sink was turned the pipe immediately pulled apart.
I disassembled and all piping was correct length.
I found that the swivel connection at the bottom of the pedestal doesn't move as free as the sink itself. I took a 6in section of 3/8in pipe and 2 hose clamps to clamp on the side of the drain near the pedestal elbow again the 2 treated collars and now the drain moves with the sink. Left covers off for a couple of days to make sure things stayed in place then reinstalled. All good now
Pam, GiGi, & Mark Traveling in GiGi's Dog House. 2017 Navion 24G w/ Dinette being pushed by 2017 Chevy Spark. Loss GiGi in 2017 to cancer. A part of her rides with us all the time but not the same. She really enjoyed Adventures
Bompa13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 05:28 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

So sorry for your troubles. Gotta say the idea of a swinging sink looks to be frought with potential and perpetual troubles in an RV that shakes, rattles, rolls and vibrates down the road. Hoping you have better luck down the road.
Old Crows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 07:52 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Saw it Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Crows View Post
So sorry for your troubles. Gotta say the idea of a swinging sink looks to be frought with potential and perpetual troubles in an RV that shakes, rattles, rolls and vibrates down the road. Hoping you have better luck down the road.
When we looked at the unit the 1st thing I told my DW was that it was going to be a problem.
I will probably fabricate a better brace for the drain but believe my makeshift fix would be enough.
This is a big change from our previous coach but is growing on me.
It is comfortable to drive and live in for us and the economy of operation so far is much better.
Time will tell
Pam, GiGi, & Mark Traveling in GiGi's Dog House. 2017 Navion 24G w/ Dinette being pushed by 2017 Chevy Spark. Loss GiGi in 2017 to cancer. A part of her rides with us all the time but not the same. She really enjoyed Adventures
Bompa13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 07:44 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

We love our Winnebago, but seriously....they could do a better job with the plumbling. We don't have the swivel sink. But both the kitchen and bathroom sinks leaked in ours on our initial shake down outing. Pretty aggravating....but a simple enough fix....a bit of plumbers putty and tightening the fittings under the sinks. But really??? Couldn't they do a better job with those simple things?? It's not rocket science.
GoneToTheDog is offline   Reply With Quote